Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I believe that the person giving up the children should highlight that they are the newest "designer breed" (English/Irish mix).

That should make it easier to "place" them.
Or "just like the kid in (insert popular movie/TV show here)".

The dog ads for "Just like Marley" make me ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,232,740 times
This needs to be posted on Craigslist in every city and state. I can't believe the reasons people get rid of their pets for. The most common is having a baby.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
Here you go - hope some "dog people" will feel free to add to the thread

2 for sale immediately!!!!
Please help! After two long years of being on a waiting list for a dog, we have been notified by breed rescue that, at long last, our number has come up and ... WE ARE HAVING A PUPPY!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Monday we MUST place the children up for adoption this weekend!

They are described as:
One male -- his name is Tommy, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old. Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chicken Pox and is current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others. Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to read soon.

One female -- her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at times. Non-biter, thumb sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots, tonsils out, and is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along well with other little girls and little boys but does not like to share her toys and therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick learner and is currently working on her house training. Shouldn't take long at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them. That is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy.

I hope you understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency here!
They MUST be placed into your rescue by Sunday night at the latest or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark, country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,428,752 times
LOVE this post! Couldn't have said it better.
Oh, I lived on the Eastern Shore (Easton) for 7 years!! Been gone awhile!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 AM

106 posts, read 440,582 times
LOL! I love it! Especially after having 2 more strays dumped on me within the last 2 weeks. Consider me stealing the post too!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,762,592 times
My kind of post!

Thanks for sharing.

(Please don't turn this into a REP FUELING thread - keep it quiet)

Old 09-25-2009, 07:05 AM

969 posts, read 2,853,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
You didn't mention, are you charging a rehoming fee lol?
Since they really should go to a "responsible" new home I am sure that the current owners would say just apply the fee to the spay/neuter expense - the doctor said they were too young at this time - and besides they have to save money for the new puppy.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:38 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,681 times
my dogs are my babies right now, and it will probably never be an issue, they're good with people, but if my dog EVER showed aggression toward my child, and I know which one I would have to worry about, it wouldn't be fair to my child to keep them in a risky environment, the dog would have to go, and I don't plan on having children for a while but I know if there was a problem which dog it would be and have even already arranged for her to stay in the family, prepared for the worst case scenario.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:13 AM

17 posts, read 78,227 times
That is the perfect irony in this throw away world...........Thanks, I copied this and reposted it in the pets section on craigslist....For myself I just took in a dog that someone simply just left to fend for himself in the woods.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM

969 posts, read 2,853,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
if my dog EVER showed aggression toward my child, and I know which one I would have to worry about, it wouldn't be fair to my child to keep them in a risky environment, the dog would have to go
Yes - the aggresive dog would have to "go" to the big dog park in the sky - an aggressive dog is not the issue.

The issue are people who acquire cute puppies and then decide (usually before the baby even comes home from the hospital) that 3 or even 13 year old Fido is now too much trouble (what with the baby coming and all)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs