Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,171,306 times

Advertisements

Some friends of mine (in Jacksonville, FL) have a 10 weeks old, female, rottie puppy that needs a good forever home! They found her in a shed soon after she was born.. I guess the mom wasnt making milk and they didnt want the little girl to die so they took her in and hand fed her! Now she is 10 weeks old and doing good. They cant keep her because their son has asthma and they dont want to take her to a shelter! If you live in the Jacksonville area and want her or if you know someone who does, PLEASE let me know ASAP! Thanks!

Old 05-17-2007, 08:02 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,935,062 times
Try craig's list or petfinder. We posted on craig's list for our cat and had great sucess. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:02 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,869 times
Tell her to get into contact with a local all breed or Rottie rescue...puppies go fast and I'm sure they will take her if your friend tells them the story.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:31 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,034 times
Have the people who have her, had her to the Vet?

My daughter and I live on our own, while its a nice neighborhood, we have had some break ins with peoples cars and more recently a peeping Tom.

I have always loved Rotties and would love to get one but they are hard to find young like that. I would definetly be interested.

My email is lethalfind@yahoo.com

My daughter has been begging me for a while now, even turns the knife a little and tells me she wouldn't be affraid if we had a big dog in the house. Unfortunately she over heard the neighbor telling me about the peeping tom.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:43 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Be careful with advertising or giving away a dog for "free to a good home". There are lots of people scouting for such dogs, then they sell them to labs for research. Unless you have a good way to really check out the home that the animal is going to, call breed rescue. They know how to screen a home and place a dog.
For any breed rescue : http://www.akc.org/breeds/rescue.cfm

For Rotties:
American Rottweiler Club: Gwen Chaney, ejchaneyjr@aol.com (can refer you to a local rescue group in your area)

http://www.rottnet.net/ ("The most comprehensive Rottweiler web site on the Internet Dedicated to all the Rottweiler Rescues and the Rescued Rottweilers in their care.")

This pup's future is in your hands, in a way. Be sure to take good care of this little one of God's creatures.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:22 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,034 times
The animals I have adopted, I have told the people that I have gotten them from they are free to visit anytime...The breeder I got one of my dogs from years ago is still in contact with me, she sent me a dog that had been purchased by someone else and then returned when she was 3, she has been with me now for 11 years, she is old, hard of hearing, bad eye sight but she moves around like a pup.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:28 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
I have a friend in FL who just lost her Rottie to old age. I don't know if she is 'ready' for a new baby but I will send her this thread.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:55 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,689,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
Some friends of mine (in Jacksonville, FL) have a 10 weeks old, female, rottie puppy that needs a good forever home! They found her in a shed soon after she was born.. I guess the mom wasnt making milk and they didnt want the little girl to die so they took her in and hand fed her! Now she is 10 weeks old and doing good. They cant keep her because their son has asthma and they dont want to take her to a shelter! If you live in the Jacksonville area and want her or if you know someone who does, PLEASE let me know ASAP! Thanks!
go to a rescue, so they will not kill a puppy.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:22 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,265,697 times
Please contact Southern States Rottweiler Rescue - www.ssrr.org Have your friends submit a picture to you and send it with your note so they can see that it is indeed a Rottweiler (you'd be surprised what people think is a Rottie!) Let me know if you want to do this and I will put a bug in the right ear to be looking for the owner surrender. You can contact me here or by PM.

There is also a place in south central Florida called The Sanctuary, run by Palena Dorsey - it is a 501c3 non profit and she does an EXCELLENT job with all different breeds of dogs. Here's her website:

http://www.sanctuaryanimalrefuge.org/

Let me know if I can help - in the meantime I will write some other friends in rescue as well.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,279,249 times
pittmommy--did the rottie find a home? update please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs