Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,287,655 times

Advertisements

If anyones' interested, this will air Monday, May 17th at 10pm ET. Petland is the chain that sells puppy mill dogs, mostly supplied by the Hunte corporation. An undercover agent from the Humane Society will be doing the investigation.

Here is a schedule of airings, in case you want to see it but miss the first one.
Animal Planet :: TV Listings :: Animal Planet Investigates: Petland

A great article about the show:
DISTURBING QUESTIONS ABOUT LARGEST U.S. PET RETAILER ARE RAISED AS ANIMAL PLANET INVESTIGATES: PETLAND : Discovery Press Web

And a 30 second video preview of the show:
Taking a Bite out of Puppy Mills : The Humane Society of the United States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 10:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Oh I definitely want to see this one. Thanks for reminding me.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:02 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
well since petland kicked me out of their store one time cause I said that a bird was dead in the bottom of the cage and I alerted the staff to it that some of the customers saw it and the one employee told me I would have to leave cause I was causing trouble and giving petland a bad name . Oh well I have never been in one of their stores or bought anything ever since this happened and that was three yrs ago and I have warned ppl off of petland .

Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well since petland kicked me out of their store one time cause I said that a bird was dead in the bottom of the cage and I alerted the staff to it that some of the customers saw it and the one employee told me I would have to leave cause I was causing trouble and giving petland a bad name . Oh well I have never been in one of their stores or bought anything ever since this happened and that was three yrs ago and I have warned ppl off of petland .
Wow, phonelady61, that's so sad to hear about the birdie you saw!
As it seems the company is still in business, there must be customers who still go.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
FWIW
There used to be a Petland here, but Petco moved in, and that was the end of it.
I really never used Petland much. They had kittens, but very few puppies, and I was not shopping for either. Before Petco came, we drove all the way to Jax to get food at the Petco there, to buy dog food. (Now we can get our dog and cat food locally.)
But the few times I was at Petland, they were knowledgeable, courteous, and as helpful as possible.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
Quote:
Unbelievable! They treated you so unfairly, all because they were too negligent to see they had a dead animal! They made their own bad name, blaming you was so wrong! I think selling animals in pet stores should be illegal, most of them are not cared for properly in that environment, and it would certainly put a BIG dent in the puppymill biz. if they didn't have those venues to sell out of!

I don't have a TV anymore, but maybe I can get my mom to tape the show for me...thanks for the heads-up, Mak!

Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 PM

257 posts, read 533,803 times
Oh, if only I had cable; not really, but I posted this on Facebook to get the word out more. Thanks MAK802.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,211,281 times
Quote:
well since petland kicked me out of their store one time cause I said that a bird was dead in the bottom of the cage and I alerted the staff to it that some of the customers saw it and the one employee told me I would have to leave cause I was causing trouble and giving petland a bad name .
Oh I SO wish that had been me. That idiot would have been lucky to have kept their job. I have no problem kicking up dust when I think merited and that sounds like it qualifies for a dust storm

I will never buy anything more advanced than fish from a pet store. I know they aren't all bad but it's the nature of the beast, certainly the bigger ones anyway. Revolting.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:45 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Until they started adv this show I had no clue Petland was still in business!! 20 yrs ago the PETLANDS around here closed their door & ran for the hills....Plains since WV has hills & mountains LOL

Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
i really want to see this myself..... not home tonight though..... glad animal planet runs shows over and over again at different times......

and no, i don't know how to set the vcr to record, don't have tivo and certainly don't have a dvr.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs