Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which photo should I use?
#1 5 26.32%
#2 5 26.32%
#3 9 47.37%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,122,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
We just need a bigger place, that's all!
Yeah...sigh.... I know how you feel. We're in the process of homebuying, going from 1 bedroom 900 sq ft apartment to 1400 sq ft 3 bed 2 bath house. As a dog mama, I think I'm gonna run out of wall space pretty quickly even with the house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,540,923 times
I love number 3 and if all you need is to have the foot cropped out send it to me and I can help you out on that. As far as the shadows go though, I don't know that my photo editing skills are THAT good lol

Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Gah! I like the foot. It shows it's a beach!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
I love number 3 and if all you need is to have the foot cropped out send it to me and I can help you out on that. As far as the shadows go though, I don't know that my photo editing skills are THAT good lol
It's not a matter of cropping. The file I have is 223kb, which is tiny and that's the largest one I have. The other two are near 5MB each, which is perfect for large prints. I can't do much with the 3rd, unfortunately, even though I love it. I should have thought this through before getting a new computer!

I ordered the 1st, but as you can see, it's terrible. The background looks terrible. I have nowhere to put the stand because we seriously have 2 windows in this place and just not enough room. I can take it outside, but then they'd be distracted by people walking around here. I need a nice, big, sunny room for my photo stuff!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:14 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Default #3

I am in technical violation of your copyright so if it is of any interest copy it as I wil destroy it in 24 hours.

Last edited by olecapt; 06-04-2010 at 05:48 PM..

Old 06-04-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

I am in technical violation of your copyright so if it is of any interest copy it as I wil destroy it in 24 hours.
First off if you know you're in violation of her copyright why would you take her photo and altar it? You obviously know enough about photography copyright to not go taking random peoples pictures off of the internet and altering them.

Second why would you do such a HORRIBLE job at altering that photo? I could do better then that!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
First off if you know you're in violation of her copyright why would you take her photo and altar it? You obviously know enough about photography copyright to not go taking random peoples pictures off of the internet and altering them.

Second why would you do such a HORRIBLE job at altering that photo? I could do better then that!
Actually unless you have good skills it looks fine. It was quick and dirty and done as a favor. Just to see what it might look like. If the recipient does not like it...it is gone. I think I could easily make fair use stick on that...but why bother? If the owner does not like it away it goes.

And why would you take such an ugly tone on such a thing? That time of month?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually unless you have good skills it looks fine. It was quick and dirty and done as a favor. Just to see what it might look like. If the recipient does not like it...it is gone. I think I could easily make fair use stick on that...but why bother? If the owner does not like it away it goes.

And why would you take such an ugly tone on such a thing? That time of month?
LOL @ a man thinking just because I have an ugly tone it's that time of the month.

The reason I took an ugly tone with you is because I am a photographer and have had someone do the exact same thing to one of my photos not knowing what copyright infringement was, and she is a friend of mine. You OBVIOUSLY know. I offered my services to her and she declined because she didn't have the original large file anymore, so what makes you think she would need you to do such a horrible job at editing a photo of hers when I'm pretty sure if she was that hard up to get that photo printed she could do a much better job herself.

And ps that does NOT look fine.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:30 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,290,985 times
I've ordered the 1st, so no need for altering. No matter how much editing is done, there is no way such a small file will be fit to print on anything bigger than a 4x6, unfortunately. I ordered the 8x10. I didn't realize I no longer had the regular sized file when I initially posted.

And I get jaime_mac's tone. Recently, there was a whole post regarding someone asking about which photo of their dog to use in a contest (not for cc advice) and several took it upon themselves to tell her they were both terrible and they "fixed" it for her by taking her photo and re-posting it in an altered state. So that's where that stems from.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
LOL @ a man thinking just because I have an ugly tone it's that time of the month.

The reason I took an ugly tone with you is because I am a photographer and have had someone do the exact same thing to one of my photos not knowing what copyright infringement was, and she is a friend of mine. You OBVIOUSLY know. I offered my services to her and she declined because she didn't have the original large file anymore, so what makes you think she would need you to do such a horrible job at editing a photo of hers when I'm pretty sure if she was that hard up to get that photo printed she could do a much better job herself.

And ps that does NOT look fine.
The tone was out of keeping with the potential offense.

I have made some tens of thousands of dollars defending copyrighted maps...much more interesting CR wise than photos.

I would think it could be done better but it gives the view of the photo without the shadows. It got 15 minutes of effort. If the owner wants it done well she can have that done. I would think that unlikely as the quality of the original is not of high quality.

May I point out that you over react...like many photographers...because you really don't understand.

I threw the little clause in to make it clear that the picture had not been lifted...mostly so the busy bodies would not jump all over the CR thing.

I obviously failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs