Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM

12 posts, read 63,274 times

Advertisements

Hello there.

My boyfriend and I are currently considering a move to Duluth. I spent my first two years of college at University of Wisconsin - Superior before moving to downtown Minneapolis in January of 2008. I miss the North Shore a lot, our lease is up on our apartment on Loring Park in Minneapolis very soon, and I would love to get back into UW-Superior, as its one of the only universities in the Midwest that offers a degree in Art Therapy. My ex-roommate has an apartment that needs another tenant or two and rent at a little over $400 for the two of us together is quite attractive considering we are paying $795 for our one bedroom right now.

My question is, will we be able to find jobs? I remember having a bit of trouble when I was going to UWS, and with the current economic conditions, I'm sure that it hasn't gotten a whole lot better. I am currently employed as a barista, I am trained and highly experienced. I'm not sure if there is diddly-squat in opportunites of that nature in Duluth. I was a tour guide at a historical mansion, and loved it, but I'd be moving up in June and they would probably already have their staff filled by then. I have modeled for art classes in the area, I also have experience as everything from a nanny to a camp counselor to a canoe guide, and TONS of retail experience.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter...I adore the area, I miss the lake, and I would move in a heartbeat, if I knew I could become employed soon after getting there...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth