Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,707,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_Vanilla View Post
Money is the source of happiness. Unless you don't have health, then that is. And provided you have enough sex. But one can always buy sex with the money, so there's that.
What about friends?
What about family?
What about true love?
What about a partner to enjoy life with?

If money is the source of anyone's happiness, that person has to live a sorry and meaningless existence. I guess I'm not shallow enough to believe money could buy me happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 04:46 PM

106,775 posts, read 108,997,702 times
You are not paying for the sex. You are really paying them to go home after the sex ha ha ha

Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM

180 posts, read 267,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
What about friends?
What about family?
What about true love?
What about a partner to enjoy life with?

If money is the source of anyone's happiness, that person has to live a sorry and meaningless existence. I guess I'm not shallow enough to believe money could buy me happiness.
Existence itself is meaningless if you look at it objectively. Romantic love, for example, is an neurotic manifestation of wish fullfillment.

So there.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Existence itself is meaningless if you look at it objectively. Romantic love, for example, is an neurotic manifestation of wish fullfillment.

So there.
I'm not talking about philosophical nonsense, I'm talking real life.

I'd much rather have someone to share my life with, have a strong family bond, have true friends, etc than to have some ridiculous amount of money. The only nice thing about having gobs of money would be the ability to help others, donate to charity, makes the lives of other people better.

Romantic love is worth much more to me than a billion dollars.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM

Then please feel free to enjoy the cardboard lining your shoes. Hope your honey bun doesn't get tired of it and ditch you for a better newer shinier model.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Then please feel free to enjoy the cardboard lining your shoes. Hope your honey bun doesn't get tired of it and ditch you for a better newer shinier model.
What are you muttering about?

Good lord I make in the six figures, own a beautiful home, paid off vehicles, no debt, and do just fine for myself...

Do you always have your head up your butt or just when you post on this forum?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM

So you are just a poseur then with no real experience in the particulars of poverty? Good job Mr Six Figures.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:04 PM

774 posts, read 1,694,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
What about people who have been both very poor and very wealthy? I am thinking of my social group of business owners who have gone from being millions in debt to becoming multi-millionaires. Or, those who once owned very successful companies, but are now bankrupt and losing their homes.
There's an old saying: Poverty is sad, but impoverishment is tragic.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
sorry cant agree with you-- although u point out well there are limits to what money can buy.

with money 80% of your problems evaporate.
the 20% left are however a bear.
ps i can say this stuff bek i have been on both ends of the stick.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM

106,775 posts, read 108,997,702 times
You all have a lot to learn about happiness if you think reducing problems means more happiness.

It does not . It may may make things easier but much of what constitutes happiness has nothing to do with bill paying.

Look how many wealthy people kill themselves or have mental issues over things that happened with family.

I would give any amount of money to have my two parents back who died over 25 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics