Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 02:58 PM

1,971 posts, read 3,044,826 times

Advertisements

Sure, but it's still affordable everywhere else in the western world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 03:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
some interesting points. its still boils down to --- who is your daddy?

Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 PM

37 posts, read 91,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
He could be an 80 yr old man living off Social Security and Medicaid for all we know. None of his stories match up.

P.S. Great catch, Low Expectations.
Seems like all of you are PI investigators. The westchester home thing was my cousin, he came over to my house and i made this account for myself. He wanted to post a thread asking "whats the best suburb in NY" so i let him use my account because i didn't think people like you would care about **** like that. He posted that for advice and thats that. The car section is mine i started with $35k last august and now i have $15k. Since my parents pay for my college tuition of course i bought myself nice stuff. I put up my work history (how much i get paid etc) to see if it'll be possible to pay for a used car + insurance with my current income at my job and to see what cars people recommend. Next time mind your business, stop snooping peoples profiles and just answer the ****ing thread with your opinion or don't answer at all.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Love it! I was thinking the OP was a fraud while reading this nonsense....thank you!
Please check the last comment i made. How am i fraud while in the westchester post that was my cousin asking for ADVICE. The car post was ME asking for whats a good car for my age. And this one, has NOTHING to do with fraud lmfao? How stupid can you be to think that this could be a fraud how in any way is this fake? Obviously you didn't go to college.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The college here actually raised tuition rates on those students who work and pay their own way --- so they could give free college to the lazier students.

Absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting that people work for what they want.

exactly, if you want to get a college education go ahead! But pay it yourself.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Your parents are right. Thankfully, they instilled this in you early, so that you NEVER depend on them. I just want you to know that Unemployment insurance is a government program too. Yeah, you "pay" into it, but they can deny you at anytime or cut you off for nonsense.

This is relatively cheap, but there are many state schools that don't cost this much and have a good reputation. New York's SUNY and the University of Wisconsin being two off the top of my head.

I keep telling kids NOT to purchase textbooks they will never see again and to rent them.

I kinda agree and disagree with this statement, but I can see it having some merit.

HA! This will NEVER happen. Everybody always thinks that if the government cuts or eliminates programs for lower income people that their taxes will go down and the money will go towards other things. Lies, all LIES. Taxes still go up, hospitals still close, city streets still go unpaved and schools still close.

This is a fallacy created by conservatives and if you ask any of them for "proof" of the money going towards what you described they can't produce them, because they knew it was lies when they said it.

You sound jealous here. Why? You just said in your post that YOU TOOK MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS, so that you can KEEP the $35k you saved for college.

What's the difference between what you did and what financial aid kids are doing?

You sound like a MAJOR hypocrite here just like many conservatives are. The same ones who are spouting anti-gay nonsense will be found in the men's restroom giving blowjobs to young hustlers.

This is what YOU sound like right now.

AGAIN, you are TAKING MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS TO PAY FOR YOUR EDUCATION!

What's the difference between YOU and the people receiving financial aid?

Not only are you a HYPOCRITE, you're a HATER too. Envy and jealousy is not healthy and no way to live.

Just be grateful that your parents instilled self-sufficiency in you and raised you in a nice middle class life. Worry about YOURSELF. You don't have to pay back any loans, so why does it bother YOU so much?

You're 19. Don't you have other more exciting things going on in your life? I know I did when I was your age.

Im not jealous or a hypocrite. My parents basically told me NOT to use my own money for college, that they will cover it for me and wont take no for an answer. I can pay for it myself with the money i have, even if i didn't have the money i could've still worked and payed for school. My real issue is how is it fair that a student who gets finanical aid is allowed to go to college for free and pay nothing and then the money they make from working go towards anything they want. Whereas the student who does NOT receive financial aid has to pay for college using the money they make working, they don't ever get to spend that money on themselves since its all going into college tuition. Not to mention loans and debt problems after. It bothers me because why should one person be PAYING/INVESTING towards their future taking so many financial risks while another person takes no risks because they get to go to college for free while the money they worked for is either being saved for something else or used to buy items. See the difference? If i were to leave college now because its too hard i would lose about $7k and never see a penny of it back. If a stunned with financial aid decides to leave college they lose a total amount of $0. America is such a piece of ****, they give the poor too much help making people want to stay poor forever and never move up the social ladder.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
This kid is a hellava lot smarter than I was at 18!

Maybe there is hope, a counter to the whiny Hipsters that will be screwing things up.

The educational system is rigged, costs are very bloated......of course the guaranteed money that "poor" students can qualify for is a big part of the scammery.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:42 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This kid is a hellava lot smarter than I was at 18!

Maybe there is hope, a counter to the whiny Hipsters that will be screwing things up.

The educational system is rigged, costs are very bloated......of course the guaranteed money that "poor" students can qualify for is a big part of the scammery.
The only costs that are bloated are textbooks. They cost of printing textbooks have gone down significantly... but affordability has remained the same.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:49 PM

781 posts, read 737,012 times
What "give"? They take it by force from the taxpayer.

On another note, your parents story is kind of impressive.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:01 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
OP sounds like you needs to learn a lot about the higher education system, how FAFSA works, tuition prices, and the corrupt student loan industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics