Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 08:17 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Cheaper housing prices

Rents are sticky, those high prices aren't going to fall. Also, buyers of rental properties will now face higher financing costs which will contribute to higher rents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
not usually . just the opposite . we get our best appreciation when the economy is humming and rates are much higher . the best range for appreciation has been in the 6% mortgage range . that indicates the economy is doing fine and inflation is creeping up .

it creates a lot of demand since people go we better buy now before we can afford even less house . it is a fallacy that home prices will fall just because rates went up.

But some of us actually want to buy less house.

Old 09-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And as a used-t-be-poor person, who is actually doing something to increase my income through rental properties, they will affect me positively.

Right, so it's good for the exploiter class.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,302,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
As a poor person on the coast, I shudder to think how high (or even medium) interest rates would affect me.
Well if you would've taken my advice a few years ago and moved to somewhere like Sioux Falls you would be just fine right now and in a house if you wanted to be but you're just too full of excuses to do anything like that. Perhaps there's a reason and I mean a legitimate one you can't move. Otherwise, you have made your own bed.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Right, so it's good for the exploiter class.
It's called supplying a need. I was a landlord once and it certainly wasn't for me. It's not easy work. Just think, Have to deal with people like you all the time. I chose a different route and that was to work hard and enjoy the fruits of my labor later on. Something you have chosen not to do.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
But some of us actually want to buy less house.
But not you. You just want to sit and complain and post tens of thousands of times on here.

Old 09-10-2016, 11:20 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Michigan Republicans never met a regressive tax they didn't like, and they have been running the state for the past 14 years.
No wonder Michigan has seen improvement.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
It's called supplying a need. I was a landlord once and it certainly wasn't for me. It's not easy work. Just think, Have to deal with people like you all the time. I chose a different route and that was to work hard and enjoy the fruits of my labor later on. Something you have chosen not to do.

Homelessness is an obvious manifestation of unmet need.

Being a landlord can be difficult or easy or anywhere in between. I ask for little so I rarely see my landlords actually doing anything.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No wonder Michigan has seen improvement.

??? ??? Michigan has seen improvement? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post

Old 09-10-2016, 01:35 PM

12,848 posts, read 9,060,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well that is how the math should work . those with more end up getting more . there is nothing magical going on here . it took me 50 years of life scrimping ,saving and investing to hit a million . it only took 13 years to triple it with not much effort at all ..

the middle class does not have the money to grow greater wealth . the upper middle class stands a better chance and the wealthy a pretty decent chance

No magic. What's really happening is it takes a certain amount of income to live and a typical middle class life needs a certain amount within some boundaries everywhere. Since most incomes are at the low end of the requires amount, it is almost impossible for most people to get that first million. But, once there, have finally reached the point where the ability to invest exceeds annual requirements and so the investment starts to build on itself with a snowball effect as more comes in.

It is so difficult in fact that for many people all it takes is one serious medical issue in the family and WAM! you can't get there from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics