Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 07:24 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,465,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
So every normal person living in Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Diego, Chicago, etc. cannot afford to live there, yet tens of millions of them are doing so anyway because they haven't heard the wise words of Winterfall to know that they cannot possibly be doing that which they are actually doing.

Do you even hear yourself?
Do you hear yourself?

There is a reason NYC, San Francisco, Denver, and San Diego are so expensive, and the sunbelt cities are catching up, unless you have a high paying tech job or some other such work, living in a good area with good schools is near impossible.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:33 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Do you hear yourself?

There is a reason NYC, San Francisco, Denver, and San Diego are so expensive, and the sunbelt cities are catching up, unless you have a high paying tech job or some other such work, living in a good area with good schools is near impossible.
So in your opinion, schools in Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Chicago don't have good areas with good schools to live in.

New England elitist has spoken.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:55 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,619,509 times
Quote:
Do you hear yourself?

So let me make sure I get your logic.

1. You say major cities are unaffordable for normal people.

2. It is pointed out that tens of millions of normal people afford to live in major cities.

3. You're suddenly talking about good areas with good schools being expensive in some cities.

Do you understand that #3 does not support #1? You made a ridiculous, easily refuted claim about normal people in large cities, and when called on it you're suddenly trying to spin it into something completely different. You do that constantly, making false claims then dodging about afterwards when you realize how ridiculous you were.

Answer me this: are there normal people living in Phoenix, Houston, and Denver? If you answer "yes" you're admitting you were full of it, and if you answer "no" you're admitting you've suspended reality for the sake of argument. However I don't think you'll even answer, since most of your time in this thread is spent carefully trying to avoid confronting all the posts that sink you.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
So let me make sure I get your logic.

1. You say major cities are unaffordable for normal people.

2. It is pointed out that tens of millions of normal people afford to live in major cities.

3. You're suddenly talking about good areas with good schools being expensive in some cities.

Do you understand that #3 does not support #1? You made a ridiculous, easily refuted claim about normal people in large cities, and when called on it you're suddenly trying to spin it into something completely different. You do that constantly, making false claims then dodging about afterwards when you realize how ridiculous you were.

Answer me this: are there normal people living in Phoenix, Houston, and Denver? If you answer "yes" you're admitting you were full of it, and if you answer "no" you're admitting you've suspended reality for the sake of argument. However I don't think you'll even answer, since most of your time in this thread is spent carefully trying to avoid confronting all the posts that sink you.
This is BS;

Major cities with the exception of old industrial towns are getting more expensive. People are getting priced out of metropolis’s like NYC and LA.

Sunbelt cities are growing expensive as well, yes some working class people can live in poor areas, but they too are getting priced out.

If you aren’t a white collar worker then living in a major city is getting harder, and in some places impossible.

And I don’t count living in the Ghetto or a van like some Latino workers do in the Bay Area.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
So in your opinion, schools in Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Chicago don't have good areas with good schools to live in.

New England elitist has spoken.
How is that even remotely close to what I said.

In major cities and sunbelt cities where all the job/wage growth is happening, prices are going up and the working class is being moved out or pushed to poor areas with miserable public standards and crime.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:30 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,175,329 times
This is a very bad idea. Look at communist countries. Thinking about the Soviet Union. People weren't scrambling to make more money all the time... and just look at what became of them. I'd hate to see that in America.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
If you look at the OP’s posting history, you’ll see he has some rather bizarre (to say the least) ideas when it comes to economics (and societal organization in general).
LOL to say the least.

Why would anyone engage in any business whatsoever if capital gains taxes were 90%?! That makes no sense. You're talking about putting every company out of business, ruining the stock market, and leading to a jobless society. You'd have to be a complete moron to think in any fashion that would be a good idea, I'm sorry to tell you. Completely clueless.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:36 PM

2,757 posts, read 1,801,988 times
Quote:
How is that even remotely close to what I said.

In major cities and sunbelt cities where all the job/wage growth is happening, prices are going up and the working class is being moved out or pushed to poor areas with miserable public standards and crime.
Quote:
unless you have a high paying tech job or some other such work, living in a good area with good schools is near impossible.
Sorry, your words confused me

Old 01-14-2019, 12:10 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,619,509 times
Quote:
Major cities with the exception of old industrial towns are getting more expensive. People are getting priced out of metropolis’s like NYC and LA.

Sunbelt cities are growing expensive as well, yes some working class people can live in poor areas, but they too are getting priced out.

If you aren’t a white collar worker then living in a major city is getting harder, and in some places impossible.

And I don’t count living in the Ghetto or a van like some Latino workers do in the Bay Area.
You've done the exact same thing as last time.
1. Didn't answer a simple yes/no question
2. Tried to further spin your way away from what you said.

For first item I'll try again the simple yes/no question: "Are there normal people living in Phoenix, Houston, and Denver?"

For the second item I'll just note you said normal people cannot afford to live in major cities. Pointing out it is getting harder, impossible in some places, and that that people in Ghettos don't count doesn't validate your original claim that normal people cannot afford to live in major cities. There are plenty of normal people in major cities, I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:37 AM

19,038 posts, read 14,278,476 times
Left wing thieves keep flapping their wing.

Compulsory charity and confiscation of surplus is a dead end. So is money madness.

People generally prefer "What's mine is mine, what's yours is yours, don't trespass."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics