Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you know your IQ ?
yes 213 59.00%
No 137 37.95%
I won't tell you, I don't have to 11 3.05%
Voters: 361. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 10:45 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Who the heck cares about folks posting inflated scores????? If it makes a person's life richer by posting an inflated IQ score, so be it. Life's a beach, get used to the sand.
I don't care, but that has nothing to do with saying I don't believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:04 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
I don't understand how so many people know their IQs. I don't think I was given any test in school, and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to take one. Do people actually pay to go somewhere and take an IQ test??
I took two different tests during MEd courses in educational psychology.

The scores most of these bozos claim are amusing (and quite fictional). Correlates with all the gifted children of C-D participants.

Chuckle!

Old 05-14-2016, 11:32 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
I was tested back in middle school and maybe even high school (back in the Stone Age of the 1960s) but nobody ever told me what my score was, and I never cared to find out. IQ is just a score a person gets on a test that purports to test "intelligence" by whatever measure the test maker(s) devised. Depending upon a lot of variables, including such important things as whether you'd rather be elsewhere doing something else or how badly you need to go to the bathroom, your score can vary on the same test if taken at different times.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:38 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times

Old 05-14-2016, 11:57 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Most people with a HIGH IQ are not going to spend time on a Internet forum.

EDIT: A person with above level IQ will not spend time on useless trivia as seen here many times.....as for me I'm on the admitted lower scale even with a degree.

Last edited by Steve Bagu; 05-14-2016 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Answer to a poster

Old 05-14-2016, 12:02 PM

5,271 posts, read 4,681,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Why do you think that?

Old 05-14-2016, 12:10 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
You're probably right. Mine is 79.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,836,184 times
I love taking tests and would also love toy take career aptitude tests to see what I should have spent my life doing ha (I'm retired). No one ever told me IQ results but being given a chocolate bar every time we took tests in school trained me like Pavlov's dog.

I was the "smart" one in my family and my brothers following me in a small Catholic school had the burden of being "Y's sister", later they both made higher annual salaries in their careers than I did and I got a college degree and they didn't. I've been above average but not genius all my life and know that working hard at something you love makes success not IQ. I am an artist and saw below average artists be more successful than talented artists, but talented artists can succeed too.

Talking with intelligent people is enjoyable because more topics are available to discuss. But the MENSA people I've met have been duds generally. My spouse took a year longer in HS and college to graduate and is very intelligent.

The world does not owe a high IQ anything although scholarships seem to be more available to them. I didn't get any scholarships except work-study" kind but taking CLEP tests saved me the expense of over a years tuition.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:54 PM

1,230 posts, read 992,708 times
Quote:

EDIT: A person with above level IQ will not spend time on useless trivia as seen here many times.....as for me I'm on the admitted lower scale even with a degree.
I don't think IQ has any thing correlated with hobbies.

It like saying person with a high IQ will not be into jogging, playing basketball and on internet forums.

Old 05-16-2016, 04:03 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:

What do you consider to be 'high'? My son has an 'above average' IQ and loves certain kinds of trivia, I think he sees it as junk food for the brain
Memorizing pi probably isn't very useful but he can spout out an amazingly long part of it, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education