Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:48 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

They're working hard at brainwashing her into the herd, aren't they.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 12:54 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Boo hoo.

That mean old dress code is so hard to figure out. LOL the mother "unintentionally" violated the "TOO SHORT SKIRT" dress code.

TYPICAL.

http://www.oakleafknights.com/media/...dress_code.pdf

Old 09-06-2014, 12:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The idea of making the outfit ugly is so kids won't violate dress code. If it were just a school logo sweatshirt, kids would push it because the consequence for violating the dress code wouldn't matter to them.

We have a puke green granny shirt that says "Dress code violation" for girls to wear over their dresses at dances if they are deemed inappropriate. The girls know what the rules are and they know what the consequences are if they break them. IMO, putting this in the news is much ado about nothing.
Send them home. Why humiliate them in front of the entire school?

Old 09-06-2014, 01:03 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Maybe the girl IS a skank.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:04 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Why is it humiliating? It's just a shirt that comes down to their knees.

And actually, the girls in my school usually choose to have someone bring them a change of clothes or borrow something from a friend who has something in their locker (I think many of them bring a back up just in case they're caught). We can't send them home because we're, legally, responsible for them until a parent picks them up. If no parent is available and they don't have a change of clothes, there's the puke green shirt to cover the infraction. I wouldn't call this humiliating so much as a deterrent. It's not like the kids don't know before they break dress code. This is the choice they make when they choose to break dress code and not have a change of clothes handy.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:05 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Maybe the girl IS a skank.
That may be true but you're still not allowed to call her one.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That may be true but you're still not allowed to call her one.
As should be the case.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:10 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
The girl chose to wear it. If she found the whole incident that humiliating, why not take one of the other two options?

This is just some girl and her mom trying to raise a stink and get their 15 minutes of fame, along with what they no doubt hope will be a nice little settlement from the school district.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
The girl chose to wear it. If she found the whole incident that humiliating, why not take one of the other two options?

This is just some girl and her mom trying to raise a stink and get their 15 minutes of fame, along with what they no doubt hope will be a nice little settlement from the school district.
The students asserts that she was not apprised of the other two alternatives, and I see no reason not to believe her.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
The students asserts that she was not apprised of the other two alternatives, and I see no reason not to believe her.
And I see no reason to believe her. The resulting selfies and legal threats do nothing to make me think her side of the story is true.

Her claim is not particularly believable. What the school says, however, seems like exactly what one would reasonably expect to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education