Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 09:31 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,987 times

Advertisements

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16159302/

I don't know. Would a 4-year old understand the concept of sexual harassment? Isn't this getting to be a bit much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 09:38 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
I've heard all about that story and it really is sad. I think the teacher needs to get some help if she read something sexual into a hug from a 4 year old. Yesterday when I was at my childs school my 8 year old came up and gave me a hug and put her head into me. And I did not get excited.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:49 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,474 times
You have got to be kidding me!?!
Does roadkill work at this school???

Old 12-14-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
You have got to be kidding me!?!
Does roadkill work at this school???
LMAO!!!! GOOD ONE! I never thought of that. I wonder if the teachers aide that it happened to is his wife and she is just not used to being touched at all.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:53 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
I'd fire that stupid teacher just for being a moron. What's next, imprisoning kids under 5 for seeking affection from adults who care for them? This teacher doesn't belong in the profession teaching or being responsible for small children if she's so whacked she thinks a four year old is coming on to her.
I used to unbutton any woman's blouse as a small child who picked me up or sat me in her lap and then reach for her boobs... was I a pervert? I don't even remember it. My mom said I was an expert and most of the women weren't even aware of what I was doing until I reached for the goods. Should I have received psychiatric care? What would that teacher have labeled me? She's got to go.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'd fire that stupid teacher just for being a moron. What's next, imprisoning kids under 5 for seeking affection from adults who care for them? This teacher doesn't belong in the profession teaching or being responsible for small children if she's so whacked she thinks a four year old is coming on to her.
I used to unbutton any woman's blouse as a small child who picked me up or sat me in her lap and then reach for her boobs... was I a pervert? I don't even remember it. My mom said I was an expert and most of the women weren't even aware of what I was doing until I reached for the goods. Should I have received psychiatric care? What would that teacher have labeled me? She's got to go.
Well............................... maybe you should.
I hope you still don't do that today. Let me guess, you go visit Santa and ask the helpers to be the ones in the chair for you?

I was talking to some friends that are all teachers about this and they were all dying. One has a 4th grader that comes up and burrows his head into her chest seeking affection and NOT of a sexual kind either. Another has a student that is in the 6th grade that whenever he is talking to her he must for some reason have his hand on her be it her arm or hand. I have a child that is very lovey and runs up to her teachers to give them hugs. I do hope no one reads into it that she is looking for sex. She is just the type of child that likes to give hugs.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:17 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Well............................... maybe you should.
I hope you still don't do that today. Let me guess, you go visit Santa and ask the helpers to be the ones in the chair for you?

I was talking to some friends that are all teachers about this and they were all dying. One has a 4th grader that comes up and burrows his head into her chest seeking affection and NOT of a sexual kind either. Another has a student that is in the 6th grade that whenever he is talking to her he must for some reason have his hand on her be it her arm or hand. I have a child that is very lovey and runs up to her teachers to give them hugs. I do hope no one reads into it that she is looking for sex. She is just the type of child that likes to give hugs.
It would just be so sad if children were deprived of that natural affection and the ability to seek and receive it because some stupid person makes a legal case out of it. I still like boobs, and no, I don't reach for them now if they don't belong to a lady who allows me that priviledge! However, as a young boy, resting my head against a motherly woman's breast was absolutely comforting to me and I don't recall it being sexual. It just felt comforting and good and the truth is, men, except your own dad, cannot provide that particular sense of comfort.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:36 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,968,861 times
That is just awful! The teacher is clearly the one with the problem in this case and has NO business around children of any age!

Old 12-14-2006, 03:26 PM

279 posts, read 1,858,956 times
The little boy didn't do the "motorboat" in her chest, he just nuzzled, which is a very natrual place for a child to lay his head. This is just one more example of political correctness going to far.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:08 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times
La Vega school district officials said student privacy laws prevented them from commenting.

way to help diffuse the situation school board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education