Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,070,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I'd be curious to know if the informative instructions came about because the speaker opened up the floor to questions. If it was in answer to students' questions, then it is a little more acceptable.
No, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. The topic was not sex education and it wasn't part of the approved curriculum, she was there as a motivational speaker. The speaker was out of line, period.
Oh, and whoever told the kids to keep the presentation a secret...they need to fired immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 AM

5,016 posts, read 10,712,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
No, it doesn't make it any more acceptable. The topic was not sex education and it wasn't part of the approved curriculum, she was there as a motivational speaker. The speaker was out of line, period.
Oh, and whoever told the kids to keep the presentation a secret...they need to fired immediately.
Oh, I have a feeling she motivated more than a few students that day

Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,844,660 times
Just think how many marriages could have been saved, or at least made a lot more interesting, if the wives had taken those lessons.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:08 AM

446 posts, read 831,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
When, instead of blowing hot air with some psycho-babble hoo-ha, they actually teach them some useful skills that can be used to great advantage, people complain.

No wonder the education system, and society in general is in decline.
Yeah, I agree, to a CERTAIN POINT. Teaching MIDDLE school GIRLS about anal sex is absurd and WAY past the boundaries of teaching RESPONSIBLE sex to CHILDREN.

GAWD. I have a 17 year old daughter that I have personally opened the door to. I have made sure that she felt comfortable telling me/asking me what she needs/wants to know without fear of retribution. The same went for my son who is in college now. My son told me when he first had sex...he was just out of high school and he used a condom. I don't know details, but he learned he could talk to me throughout high school and I think that kept him out of trouble. My daughter, so far is the same. Very responsible, upstanding, great grades, outgoing, in clubs, volunteering, etc.

IF parents would stop being wusses and TALK to their kids themselves they wouldn't have been put in this position. They wouldn't have NEEDED some stranger to come talk to their girls. Their girls would have heard ALL they needed to hear from the parents...one or both of them!

Having a kid comes with responsibilities people, and one of them is to TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN in terms that never shame them or make them afraid to talk to you.

My mother NEVER spoke to me about sex or anything else for that matter. I knew when I had kids I'd do things differently and I have. Thankfully my kids haven't had to learn things the hard way like I did!

I'm SO sick and tired of people complaining about the youth of America these days. It's the PARENT'S fault their children are like they are but they are too busy with their I-phones and Blackberrys to bother with their children's lives...dontcha know the parents have lives to live?

*$*%&$"$$$^^^

Off my mod cut soapbox.........

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-26-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education