Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,215,716 times

Advertisements

Everybody in El Paso has heard of haunted places in our city, like el paso high,the old bunkers at ft bliss, Concordia, encounters with La LLorona, you have any stories to share.My uncle used to help the custodians at el paso high,& he comfirmed that the place is indeed haunted.He told me at night, you could hear the lockers slamming upstairs, that often you would hear a sound like chains dragging on the floor, also he would often hear people running through the halls.He also told me, that they had to turn on the lights on the different floors multiple times, because all night they would turn off & on by themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 AM

17 posts, read 190,590 times
There were also stories of Hillcrest Junior High(the old school) being haunted. Evidently is use to be an old monestary. There were these old concrete slabs throughout the campus that were chained up. Rumor has it that those were ways to get down into the underground tunnels that the priests used. There was a chapel on campus that had been converted to a small gym and the security guards could hear the organ playing while on their nightly watch. Scary! There were so many stories about Hillcrest that I can't remember all of them.

What was the deal with the Patterson house? I remember being in high school and cruising Rim Road to find this elusive house. I'm not quite sure we ever found it.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 AM

385 posts, read 1,555,480 times
These stories are great. That writer, Ken Hudnall, has some books on it. What's the story with these "tunnels" that lead down to the river? Supposedly there were some from the vicinity of El Paso H.S. Did you ever hear of that and why they were dug?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:04 PM

My aunt told me that the saint annes center on paisano was haunted, she said that her & her friends went 1 night, and they heard somebody playing the piano upstairs, they sent their dog upstairs to check & the dog was barking his tail off, when they got the courage to go upstairs nobody was there, but the dog was kinda hesitant to get close to the piano.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:11 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
about twenty years ago a group of us were at a dam right off of thorn under that big tower it was a little past midnight and we found ourselves surrounded by pairs of red eyes we got out of there ,i asked my father if he knew anything about the area and he said that as a boy they would find Indian artifacts in the area

Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 PM

[SIZE=3]At the El Paso High School, you will find a hall that will take you to the balcony. This entrance is closed off to the public. Reports state that the hallways of this high school are plagued with mist and fog. On the ceiling, a sticky substance can be found. Some believe that the school is haunted because a teenager slit her wrists in the hall area. Afterwards, she ventured to the balcony, where she jumped. A wall now stands where the staircase to the balcony once stood. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]For some reason, the Ysleta High School is filled with many ghosts. One of the ghosts was a former cheerleader who killed herself in one of the bathrooms after her boyfriend had broken up with her. It is said that she returns to that very spot every night. One time, a teacher claimed to have sighted a young girl in front of her, who then disappeared. Screams can be heard in various areas of the school. Another ghost that frequents this [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Other haunted high schools in the area include: the Cathedral High School, which offers a haunted third floor; Clint High School, where the hanging body of a student who was raped by a janitor sometimes appears, as well as the Del Valle High School, where the ghosts of murdered band members can be found.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]At the Crockett Elementary School, the ghost of a man can be seen roaming about the halls. He appears with blood-filled gauze on his head. One of his arms is also missing. During one of the wars, this site served as a hospital for war veterans. Another elementary school to be aware of is Escontrias Elementary, which was built on top of a cemetery. The ghost of a girl who died from an accident in the girls? locker room can sometimes be spotted. She lost her life when a heavy gate fell on top of her while she was reaching for a towel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]In El Paso, there are numerous locations that offer a good scare or just plain send a chill up your back, including a few cemeteries and churches in the area. At two in the morning at the Concordia Cemetery, you can hear the unexplainable sound of children playing and laughing. It is believed that the ghosts of small pox victims, who are buried in a particular section of the cemetery, haunt the area. Other strange occurrences at this location include the sound of hoof beats, as well as undistinguishable voices. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Another cemetery to take note of includes the Evergreen Cemetery, which is said to be the site of a haunting. When passing by the cemetery, you may catch sight of the ghost of a small boy who can be seen standing on the sidewalk. Reports indicate that he will ask for a ride, usually in the wee hours of the morning. He has also been spotted close to the railroad tracks. A mist accompanies his presence, as well as an odd, strong scent.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]La Hacienda Restaurant: The apparition of a woman can be encountered, who is said to be searching for her lost children, who drowned in the area river. [/SIZE]

El Paso - Escontrias Elementary - A high school was built on top of a cemetery and in the girls looker room a girl named Mary was said to be getting a towel when a large gate fell on top of her pressing a deep wound in her neck. Later this high school was turned into a Elementary school were f you go to the girls restroom before you exit the back side of the school you will see five girls hung from the ceiling with many bloody hand prints on the wall.
El Paso - Loretto Academy - At night the bell tower is illuminated. The bells do not ring anymore and haven't for years. Yet at night you can see the movement in the bell tower. Some say it is a colony of bats, or birds. But this shadow wears the same habit as the rest of the nuns teaching at Loretto. What this shadow represents is the spirit or energy of a much beloved sister who taught at this academy for many years and died of an illness, which kept her from continuing her duties at Loretto Academy. Her existence is well documented by the Concordia Cemetery Association, as well as her personal information and final resting place.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 12-05-2007, 12:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,948,315 times
don't forget about the public library downtown, the magoffin house, and the l&j. we went on a ghost tour one year (they usually have them around october), and saw and heard several things. it was the best one i've ever been on, and i've been on about 6 or 7 ghost tours.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:25 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
check out this web site +Lost Destinations::The Lost SouthWest+

Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM

My wife was working on a project for school at the old el paso library in downtown,and she told me that the girls that worked there were really scared of the ghost there, they said that the ghost were really aggressive,and that on more than 1 occassion stacks of books from the top shelves have been dropped on the heads of the different librarians.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:44 PM

421 posts, read 2,156,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
My wife was working on a project for school at the old el paso library in downtown,and she told me that the girls that worked there were really scared of the ghost there, they said that the ghost were really aggressive,and that on more than 1 occassion stacks of books from the top shelves have been dropped on the heads of the different librarians.
I've heard this place has a notorious reputation for telekinesis. Remember the movie ghostbusters when they're in the library at the start of the movie? I always picture stuff like that happening there. Been there a few times, but have never witnessed anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso