Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM

19 posts, read 58,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
On his Myspace site, and his Chucos web site.. the guy got smart and took thats stuff down, or was told to do so by his lawyer or by the law suite.
Dude are you serious? Look at post #11, page #2 in this very topic on this forum which was posted by none other than you. You quoted what they had posted on their myspace website. It obviously did not say anything about being like Chico's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I'm sure it was a cease and desist order.

Guys/Gals, be honest with yourselves, it was a rip off plain and simple. Everyone knows it, don't make excuses.

Two guys from El Paso, do you think they ever ate at Chicos?

Now, to play the Devil's Advocate, Chicos/Mora family *DID NOT* invent tacos ahogados. As someone else already pointed out, that would be like McDonalds suing Burger King for making a hamburger.

The main points of the lawsuit had nothing to do with the food, the Mora family knows it would lose that one, but it was with the name. Chucos/Chicos, the matter of one vowel.

I think the Mora family had an irrefutable case, that is why they prevailed just as Burger King would lose a case if it originally called itself McDonelds.

Regards.

PS. I ate there, had the tacos. Chico's has nothing to worry about in regards to the food!
So when you ate at 10th Street Tacos, did it look anything like a Chico's Tacos. Were you confused and thought that you had entered a Chico's Tacos in Austin because that is what the lawsuit claims.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:44 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intermilo View Post
Dude are you serious? Look at post #11, page #2 in this very topic on this forum which was posted by none other than you. You quoted what they had posted on their myspace website. It obviously did not say anything about being like Chico's.
Yes I know.. there was other stuff he had on there and I wish I had taken a screen shot of it now.. so liars like yourself who want to defend this thief for stealing the concept and ideas from an El Paso business could be put in their place. But since I lacked the insight to do so.. and can not prove my claims... I guess you get to win this one. But we all know the truth, and your victory is shallow at best. So how about you go back to your Austin Boards and leave us El Pasoans alone with the truth.. since your not man/or woman enough to admit it.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Yes I know.. there was other stuff he had on there and I wish I had taken a screen shot of it now.. so liars like yourself who want to defend this thief for stealing the concept and ideas from an El Paso business could be put in their place. But since I lacked the insight to do so.. and can not prove my claims... I guess you get to win this one. But we all know the truth, and your victory is shallow at best. So how about you go back to your Austin Boards and leave us El Pasoans alone with the truth.. since your not man/or woman enough to admit it.
I am not looking for a win of any sort. I thought we were having a discussion, albeit a heated one. And how have I lied? Please enlighten me as to my lies. Also what am I not man/woman enough to admit?

Old 06-15-2008, 10:04 PM

639 posts, read 1,044,023 times
Default Make no mistake!!!

Quote:
When you refer to Austinites incorrectly as Austonians, is it really a surprise they make fun of El Pasoans like yourself?
I dont care what the Austin people call themselfs Austonians Austinites what ever, and NO I dont make fun of El Pasoans they ARE THE BEST of all TEXANS IN TEXAS, I dont care for anything or anyone east of El Paso county except for maybe my wonderful neice in San Antonio, I dont play this Texas thing at all, infact I dont even like Texas.

Why would someone take a name like Chuco and take a similair format as Chico's Taco's??? but justice has been served and the name has been changed, I will never eat at either restaurant, my stomack craves for better culinary foods and none of them past the test, I have eaten at Chicos but that was when I was in high school, probably way before you were born.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I dont care what the Austin people call themselfs Austonians Austinites what ever, and NO I dont make fun of El Pasoans they ARE THE BEST of all TEXANS IN TEXAS, I dont care for anything or anyone east of El Paso county except for maybe my wonderful neice in San Antonio, I dont play this Texas thing at all, infact I dont even like Texas.

Why would someone take a name like Chuco and take a similair format as Chico's Taco's??? but justice has been served and the name has been changed, I will never eat at either restaurant, my stomack craves for better culinary foods and none of them past the test, I have eaten at Chicos but that was when I was in high school, probably way before you were born.
I never said you make fun of El Pasoans, I asked if you were surprised Austinites make fun of El Pasoans like yourself when you can't even refer to them by their correct name.

As far as your niece in San Antonio, I lived in that city for many years, be happy that she will grow up in a very cultural city with a lot of history that has many things to offer. I can honestly not say a bad word about San Antonio. Next time you visit her, be sure to take her to the McMay Art Museum if she has not already been there. The lawns are magnificent and the courtyard is amazing. If I ever get to be a multi-millionaire I will build a house in the style of that museum.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:24 PM

639 posts, read 1,044,023 times
I notice you highlighted my statement in (RED) let me get something straight here buds, I'm El Pasoan 100% and Ive read articles about how the people in Austin feel that they are on top of the whole world, again I dont care because I dont ever intend to visit Austin.

As far as my neice living in San Antonio, that was her choice and she seems very comfortable and I applaud her dicission, but before I go visit her she has to come to San Francsico and visit me so she can see what she's really missing, yes it cost money to come here but that should'nt be any problem.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
I notice you highlighted my statement in (RED) let me get something straight here buds, I'm El Pasoan 100% and Ive read articles about how the people in Austin feel that they are on top of the whole world, again I dont care because I dont ever intend to visit Austin.

As far as my neice living in San Antonio, that was her choice and she seems very comfortable and I applaud her dicission, but before I go visit her she has to come to San Francsico and visit me so she can see what she's really missing, yes it cost money to come here but that should'nt be any problem.
I can honestly vouch for Austinites in the fact they are the most down to earth people I have ever met. I have never in my years that I have been here heard them utter a bad thing about El Paso.

Your niece should visit San Francisco, I go there once or twice a year to visit family and I always enjoy the city. I was there this past Christmas and had a great time. Napa Valley in the spring is an incredible adventure. Driving down to Monterey is another story in of itself.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:07 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
Quote:
I can honestly vouch for Austinites in the fact they are the most down to earth people I have ever met. I have never in my years that I have been here heard them utter a bad thing about El Paso.

Your niece should visit San Francisco, I go there once or twice a year to visit family and I always enjoy the city. I was there this past Christmas and had a great time. Napa Valley in the spring is an incredible adventure. Driving down to Monterey is another story in of itself.
Lets pull a page from your play book.. here you say you have never heard them say a bad thing about El Paso.. But earlier said that they make fun of El Pasoans like HIGH! here because he does not know what to call them. Please get your story straight.. wait guess you cant because your speaking out both sides of your mouth.. and you have your head so far up your own ass that you have no clue what it is your trying to say. Please go away... your just another troll that came to the El Paso Forum to raise a stink.. ok its been raised were all impressed with your ability to goad us stupid El Pasoans into a fight.. now go away. thank You.

MOD its time for a lock down dont you think? This thread has no use any longer.. the courts have had their say on the whole Chico/Chuco thing and now were just fighting over past BS.. so Please lock this thread. Thanks.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Quote:
So when you ate at 10th Street Tacos, did it look anything like a Chico's Tacos. Were you confused and thought that you had entered a Chico's Tacos in Austin because that is what the lawsuit claims.
HA! Show me three Chicos Tacos establishments that look the same and your point will have credence. It's not about confusion, it's about ripping off a brand name; citing that people may be confused is only an argument. The courts agreed with the Mora family, the case is closed, 10th Street lost.

BTW, 10th Street Tacos looks nothing like any of the many Chicos. It's small, seats maybe 50 comfortably, about 20 parking spaces, if that. It's just a converted house. I think I ate in the living room, or one of the side bedrooms. Probably a bedroom since I was next to the hall, and bathroom. It maybe a fire hazard as well, I didn't notice any clearly lettered signs that pointed to a second exit; however, I did not enter the other bedrooms to find out. The kitchen does not count, that's probably where a fire would start anyway. Oh, and it's an all wood construction house, including the floors. A tinder box if you ask me. They do have outside seating under the trees which is nice, probably the safest place to be.

Doesn't that make you just want to go check it out for yourselves? Maybe a summer weekend getaway to Austin!

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 06-16-2008 at 04:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso