Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,913,507 times

Advertisements

Great photos Muhnay! I especially like the first one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I have posted these before.. but since we now have a thread here they are again.. these will be of North East El Paso.

ANDRESS HIGH SCHOOL AND NEAR BY:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/MuhnayShot/El%20Paso%20TX/100_0712.jpg (broken link)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/MuhnayShot/El%20Paso%20TX/100_0711.jpg (broken link)

That is my Alma Mater Andress High School. Class grad 1981. Andress always had one of the best high school stadiums in El Paso. Brings back memories Muhnay. The pride of NorthEast El Paso !! I know you know the fight song....lol....

Old 01-09-2008, 06:59 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Did you notice that the towers on the East Side Freeway work photo do nothing at all, other than make decoration?

And your all welcome.. when I get a chance I'll take more for you.

Oh and 6foot3, I sure do.. My sisters class gave the letters for the first time to the school. Your a Class of 81, she was a cheerleader class 83 I was class 87. I know you know my sister 6foot3 everyone knew my sister.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 AM

Is football as popular in EP as it is in the rest of Texas? They are hog wild about high school football in the DFW area.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:11 AM

Well to be honest, no. When I was in Midland, the whole city would turn out for a game. Here the stands are mostly empty.. unless its homecoming. It used to be, but I dont think we have ever been as big as Midland and DFW and so forth.

Since this is the photo thread.. here is one of the area too.. can you guess what it is?

http://www.wegoplaces.com/User%20Interface/Images/Itinerary%20Item%20Images/438.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Muhnay; 01-10-2008 at 06:28 AM..

Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Oh and 6foot3, I sure do.. My sisters class gave the letters for the first time to the school. Your a Class of 81, she was a cheerleader class 83 I was class 87. I know you know my sister 6foot3 everyone knew my sister.
No i don't recall her there when i was there. When i was a senior she would have been a sophmore and most of the chics i hung out with were in my same grade level for the most part.

Ask her if she remembers the head principle Harry Brown. And of course coach Sep is still there going on 32/33 years now as the head football coach. Ask her who was some of her favorate teachers back then. Although i was a head (stoner) back then i never hung out on Mackinaw with the other heads as i never have smoked cigs. We used to jam to Van Halen I and II (with david lee roth as lead) and Pink Floyd ''The Wall'', AC/DC ''Back in Black'' and Ozzy Osbourne ''Blizzard of Oz'' as we were heavy metal rockers back then.

Ever see ''Fast Times at Ridgemont High'' with Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli.....we'll that was us back then....lol....

Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Is football as popular in EP as it is in the rest of Texas? They are hog wild about high school football in the DFW area.
Sadly i agree with Muhnay as i believe basketball is more popular than football although some of the rivalries can pack them in.

I think with UTEP winning the national title in NCAA Basketball back in the 1960's and having Don Haskins as the long time coach there helped fuel that for basketball in the region.
Yeah those Midland and Odessa schools (Lee and Permian) are just powerhouses in football. Someone told me back in the 1980's that their athletic facilities back then were better than Baylor University. Don't know if that was true or not but i wouldn't have been surprised if it was true.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
No i don't recall her there when i was there. When i was a senior she would have been a sophmore and most of the chics i hung out with were in my same grade level for the most part.

Ask her if she remembers the head principle Harry Brown. And of course coach Sep is still there going on 32/33 years now as the head football coach. Ask her who was some of her favorite teachers back then. Although i was a head (stoner) back then i never hung out on Mackinaw with the other heads as i never have smoked cigs. We used to jam to Van Halen I and II (with david lee roth as lead) and Pink Floyd ''The Wall'', AC/DC ''Back in Black'' and Ozzy Osbourne ''Blizzard of Oz'' as we were heavy metal rockers back then.

Ever see ''Fast Times at Ridgemont High'' with Sean Penn as Jeff Spicoli.....we'll that was us back then....lol....
Remember Doc, the Trainer.. he Married my Girlfriend in High School.. I about kicked his.. well thats a story for another day. LOL.

We Jammed to the same tunes man.. I was also into Black Sabbath.. SLICK BLACK CADILAC! DUMDUMDUM.. I was not a Stoner so much as a JACK.. I fit in with everyone.. My Sister was the Cheerleader, track sorta girl. She was voted the Prettiest eyes.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.. great movie.. I guess I would of been.. Mike Damone played by Robert Romanus, the quick talker, slick dude, that always had a plan, guy.

You know that should be a quiz, what Fast Times at Ridgemont high Character are you? heh heh.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Remember Doc, the Trainer.. he Married my Girlfriend in High School.. I about kicked his.. well thats a story for another day. LOL.

We Jammed to the same tunes man.. I was also into Black Sabbath.. SLICK BLACK CADILAC! DUMDUMDUM.. I was not a Stoner so much as a JACK.. I fit in with everyone.. My Sister was the Cheerleader, track sorta girl. She was voted the Prettiest eyes.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.. great movie.. I guess I would of been.. Mike Damone played by Robert Romanus, the quick talker, slick dude, that always had a plan, guy.

You know that should be a quiz, what Fast Times at Ridgemont high Character are you? heh heh.
Slick Black Cadilac....Quite Riot. Too bad the lead singer just died reciently of a drug overdose. Don't forget Twisted Sister.....

Mike Damone....yeah he was mr.cool......

There was a thread last year sometime in the entertainment threads about who was your character for the movie ''Breakfast Club''. I really liked Molly Ringwald back then. Also remember these 80's high school flicks ''Can't Buy Me Love'' about the nerd who paid the cheerleader 1,000 dollars to make him popular and also ''Three O Clock High'' about the school bully that everyone was terrified of including the teachers...lol....was gonna fight the school nerd at 3.00 p.m. after school....lol...those were the good ol flicks back then.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 AM

Yeah, I suppose we are all about the same age. I remember Fast Times at Ridgemont High when it came out too. Great movie. I would have been the nerdy little guy who was the main character..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso