Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 14,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveric1 View Post
Hello, I am a Puerto Rican born in the island and lived there 17 years... i think the problem here is how the parents raise their kids. My mother always told me not to be racist against any culture. I don't have anything against Cubans, Mexicans, Mexican/Americans or any other latino/hispanic culture... Hell, my wife is Mexican!!! Her family accepted me with little distrust... people said that Mexicans and Puerto Ricans hate each other and i wondered WHY?? For me we are all the same, we were conquered by the freaking Spaniards when they came fom Europe we all have the same language, Spanish!!! There are some geographical and cultural difference in the dialect because of the cultures that lived in the area, our puertorrican dialect comes from the Taino (arawak) indians that lived in the caribbean, just like the Aztecs for mexico. We shouldn't be fighting for who is better than the other, we should unite. The other day me and my wife made enchiladas verdes with arroz con gandules, why can't everyone live happy together? this reminds me of the segregation between blacks and white people... i do not like racism. I love mexican food, and i like their culture... i would love to visit tlacopatlan, guanajuato, zacatecas, toluca, and many other places...

Look at Rocio Durcal, Javier Solis, Marco Antonio Muñiz all of them sing the song En Mi Viejo San Juan, a song dedicated to Puerto Rico... Marco Antonio Muñiz was born in Jalisco, Guadalajara and Is considered an Honorary Puerto Rican.

Another thing I have seen recently about us Puerto Ricans is that thanks to Reggeton and Rap, our culture and values have been put through the floor. Thanks to that ghetto reggaeton music, puertorricans think themselves better than everyone else. Reggaeton will ruin our culture!! We were a culture of vecinos, familia y fiestas de vecindario now we are a culture of drunks and drug addicts putting women in the lowest level and showing no respect to them. Puertorricans need to fix themselves if the want people to think better of them...

Like i said, I have absolutely nothing against mexicans or other cultures. I've been in county and in there I sticked to mexicans and shared about our cultures...

Thats why you feel that way you sticked to mexicans,can't stand puerto ricans like you i beat you call black people majate,you sell out

Old 10-16-2009, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 14,716 times
Thats why you feel that way you sticked to mexicans,can't stand puerto ricans like you i beat you call black people majate,you sell out

Old 10-17-2009, 06:13 PM

121 posts, read 402,499 times
It's only among stupid people. They have animosity basically towards anyone they don't think is "them".

Old 10-30-2009, 10:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,318 times
It is sad to see how some mexicans, but mostly mexican-americans treat us in El Paso. I have been insulted for no reason by some of you, and it just makes your own race look stupid. It is sad, because my husband is full blooded mexican born in Juarez also served in the ARMY like me.Thank God he is not a closed minded idiot,and that is the reason I will not make generalizations against other people and their countries.I have met many mexicans and mexican-americans who are good people with good hearts. But...let me tell you the hate some of you have is not only towards us. I have heard many mexican-americans saying they do not want illegal mexicans here; the same way my students from Juarez hated los "pochos", because the "pochos" are racist and think they are better...ah! and lets not forget the way some of you talk about "los chilangos esos", yes your own people...If you are that way against your own what kind of respect for others could you have? Obviously none. Racism comes from ignorance and lack of historical knowledge...get a book! By the way, 50% of students in El Paso drop-out of school and less than 50% graduate from college, mexican and mexican-americans make like 90% of the population of El Paso...and it is showing in the way you see others and your messages. Get out of the bubble you live, travel and you will also taste racism towards your race...Maybe you can learn a lesson about being a better human being. There is bad people everywhere in every country, do not be an idiot, closed minded moron...open your eyes and read...start with the Spanish-American war and the invasion of the Americans in Puerto Rico...before you start kicking out people, Americans need to stop invading other countries. By the way, not all of us are black...I am extremely white. Other thing...if you really respect your women, how is it that more than 500 hundred of them have been killed and throw in the dessert. Before you make stupid comments against other races, look at your own. THIS MESSAGE IS NOT FOR THE HATERS, BUT FOR THOSE,THAT LIKE MY HAVE BRAINS and GOOD HEARTS.

Last edited by laverdad; 10-30-2009 at 10:34 PM..

Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,289 times
Alot of Puerto Ricans bring the hate towards themselves, sorry, their cocky, loud brash and think that anything or anyone that is not p/r, is inferior to them, i mean cmon do they have to have a million p/r flags on their car! I remember when i use to work in the mall, when Trinidad beat De La Hoya, their was like 30 obnoxious loud p/r's int he mall hollering and hooting, all over the mall, talking smack to all mexicans, waving flags!!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,444,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Alot of Puerto Ricans bring the hate towards themselves, sorry, their cocky, loud brash and think that anything or anyone that is not p/r, is inferior to them, i mean cmon do they have to have a million p/r flags on their car! I remember when i use to work in the mall, when Trinidad beat De La Hoya, their was like 30 obnoxious loud p/r's int he mall hollering and hooting, all over the mall, talking smack to all mexicans, waving flags!!!!
Some are like that sure, but I would not say that most or even a significant minority. There are A$$ H***s everywhere (e.g. Mexican soccer fans) and not limited to one group of people.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:53 AM

67 posts, read 177,790 times
Default Ricans and Mexicans

I have nothing against Mexicans. Never did anything to me, for the most part i'm cool with em... I just had to smack a younger one down in South Texas for getting stupid with me, cause his Mexican chick was grilling me up and down..
But besides that, we cool.. Everyone speaks spanish different, we are all latinos and if we fight and go against one another it doesn't make us look good..
Mexicans are the latino group I get along with the most so far..
I'm a Puerto Rican born in the Usa New England.. My mother and father are from the mother land Santuce and Mayaguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosque View Post
I think the younger generation having been exposed to so many different types of people get along far better than the older generation who were somewhat separated.

Just think, 50 yrs ago were Salvadorans on the East Coast? No. Were Mexicans in NYC? No.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM

67 posts, read 177,790 times
Default Ricans and Mexicans

@laverdad
I agree with you. Mexicans are not angels, they try to talk **** behind peoples back, but when it comes to to blood shed, they're hiding under their mothers skirt... Not all are bad, but I met a couple ones that were ignorant just like my Puerto Rican people... I love being Puerto Rican and I respect everyone for all countries... I just hate ignorance... The only thing I want for my country is for the Dominicans to leave... They don't belong in my country.. They're not all bad, but a large part are filling my peoples land Puerto Rico with drugs, prostitution and they need to go back to their land and leave ours alone..

Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,289 times
I just hate ignorance... The only thing I want for my country is for the Dominicans to leave... They don't belong in my country.. They're not all bad, but a large part are filling my peoples land Puerto Rico with drugs, prostitution and they need to go back to their land and leave ours alone..

[did this comment come off a lil hypocritical]

Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM

3 posts, read 14,458 times
Puerto Ricans have haterid towards everyone, out west its the Mexicans, down south its the Cubans, up north its the Dominicans & down south arizona its the Salvadorians... Alot of Puerto Ricans feel that just cuase they have American citizenships, have a big parade & have a few rappers behind the mic their legendary (atleast the majority of them) plus add the fact that many of them would prefer to be with blacks then other Latinos...its just ignorance going around & not just the Puerto Ricans either, anyone from any race/ethnicity/nationallity has their fare share of ignorance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso