Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the election were between Obama and Gingrich, who would you vote for?
Obama 22 37.93%
Gingrich 19 32.76%
Neither 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times

Advertisements

OMG, how could you do worse than Obama. Who cares who else is running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
So far neither is just one vote behind maybe this is the race for a 3rd party to have a chance.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Newt Gingrinch?

You must be joking. The ultimate Regressive's regressive? I think his presence speaks volumes about the sad, sorry state of the Republican party now. No NEW leaders, so regress to the days before the village idiot.

This racist, narrow-minded desperado has no chance against the high ground that is represented by President Obama. Get a clue, Pubs.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
He doesn't stand a chance.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Newt waited to run on purpose because he knew Obama would win and screw things up badly.

He is brilliant, intelligent and has a very successful history of getting things done.

Funny liberals here attack his personal life when both Wild Bill and Silly Barry both have far more skeletons and personal issues then Newt.

Newt beats Obama easily.

In fact, Obama could not beat any of the top candidates within the GOP.

The liberal party is shrinking because of Obama and the conservative party is growing as is the independents.

Not enough liberals in America to re elect Obama and indys and left side conservative who voted for him in 08 wont be voting for him again.

Game over, Obama might not even run in 2012 given the mess he has put us in and cannot fix as promised.
So are you willing to accept the wager I proposed to you the other day? I personally don't think you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, but maybe you'll prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
sorry, but your opinion is worthless. you are one of the main republican cheerleaders on this site.

you have repubs in this thread saying he has no chance and few like him.
Amen. This is honestly the visualization I get when she posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He doesn't stand a chance.
Of course not. He got run out of politics once, hasn't held any political office since then (will be 13 years by 2012) and has a **** poor public image, typical of a bible thumping Neocon.

The GOP is nuts if they trot him out there. Then again, they did trot out Palin in 2008.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Gingrich is so full of it. He thinks he is some grand statesman when he was forced out of Congress for ethics violations and everyone will drag his personal life through the gutter. Go home to Georgia Newtie (like they called him on SNL!) cause you don't have a chance in hell!

What?

He has the success of the Republican Revolution of 1994 to run on.

If I were you, I would worry about trying to sell any Democrat after the hopey-changey crap.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:30 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Newt Gingrich's Skeleton Closet

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Bring it on Newt, you reptile you.

No convictions?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:35 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
No, GOP 2012 needs that : fresh blood
Marco Rubio or Scott Brown would be perfect

Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
No, GOP 2012 needs that : fresh blood
Marco Rubio or Scott Brown would be perfect
Even if Marco wins in Florida, which I think he will, he won't have time to establish himself. I agree with the "new blood" but I am afraid it won't be him.

Nita

Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So are you willing to accept the wager I proposed to you the other day? I personally don't think you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, but maybe you'll prove me wrong.

Amen. This is honestly the visualization I get when she posts.

Of course not. He got run out of politics once, hasn't held any political office since then (will be 13 years by 2012) and has a **** poor public image, typical of a bible thumping Neocon.

The GOP is nuts if they trot him out there. Then again, they did trot out Palin in 2008.

What was the wager? I seem to have forgotten. It must not have been of much importance or just a bunch of hogwash or I would have remembered. You know me well enough I never back town from a decent worthwhile challenge.

I personally think a fill in the blank would defeat Obama at this point.

The dems trotted out Obama in 2008 and it will forever cost them. The biggest mistake in American political history will/is destroying the entire dem party and will cost them mid terms seats they never would have lost before.

Thanks for telling us you are a cheerleading for a total proven and not well liked failure named Obama.

He is a gift that keeps on giving.

And you have the nerve to say Newt does not have a good public image when Obama is not very well liked at all?

Perhaps you should be reading the numbers more often. Since Obama, the liberal party has shrunk 5% and the conservative party has grown 6%.

Liberalism is on its way out in America thanks to the gift of Obama.

This is just one of the signs of Obama's massive failures.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...205453_pf.html

Public confidence in President Obama has hit a new low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll. Four months before midterm elections that will define the second half of his term, nearly six in 10 voters say they lack faith in the president to make the right decisions for the country, and a clear majority once again disapproves of how he is dealing with the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections