Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Actions speak louder than words. If you're a black conservative, chances are you're not going to want to be at a rally where a significant amount of the rhetoric is directed towards the president's ethnicity instead of his policies. I see Ron Paul is a popular choice amongst many black conservatives because he focuses solely on policies. The same cannot be said of the mainstream Tea Party...
Link? The Tea Party endorsed two black candidates last night,Allen West and Tim Scott; both won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 02:51 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
This is a good example of the message to which I am referring.

What rallies? Please back this up.
If you want more, I'll send you links to more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38VioxnBaI

Old 11-03-2010, 04:32 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Allow same sex couples to get married in the south and then we'll think differently of the south
What's the excuse in California?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:56 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Nikki Haley is a Sikh joke, but the alternative was just as bad.

Arsenic or hemlock in your tea, folks?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nikki Haley is a Sikh joke, but the alternative was just as bad.

Arsenic or hemlock in your tea, folks?

Negative, nasty attitude much? You can always move!

Old 11-04-2010, 05:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Allow same sex couples to get married in the south and then we'll think differently of the south
Why don't you leave the word marriage to one man and one woman?

Most states acknowledge same sex couples and offer them the same rights as married couples.

How far will gays and lesbians push this?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Thinking intelligent minorities will often move to the right.

Everyone is welcome in the republican/teaparty Party.

It's up to them to give up on the promises of the last 1/2 century from the democrats. Are minority communities better off than they were?

It's heartbreaking to drive through a minority neighborhood and see the despair....the dead look in peoples eyes....the condition of their housing.

Black unemployment of males between 18 and 35 is approaching 50% under Obama.

Great job libs....you've enslaved the minorities in America again. All in your desire to keep them in the democratic plantation.

Are you proud of yourselves?

Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
The SC electorate can have something close to a bright moment at times (which are few and far between, unfortunately). If this wasn't such an anti-Democratic establishment year, Sheheen could have very well won.
I was holding out hope. It was closer than I thought. I think they should have started the whole "Republicans for Sheheen" movement earlier than they did. I know a bunch of signs went up late last week, and many were stolen. There was a full page ad in the Spartanburg newspaper (and I imagine others across the state) on Sunday placed by the Republicans for Sheheen group. Several staunch Republicans that my wife and I work with confided that they were going to vote for Sheheen...one even said it would be the first time she ever voted for a Democrat. Maybe next time. She's going to struggle seeing as how she already doesn't get along with most of the state legislature.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Negative, nasty attitude much? You can always move!
The words you are looking for are "accurate" and "truthful".

Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why don't you leave the word marriage to one man and one woman?

Most states acknowledge same sex couples and offer them the same rights as married couples.

How far will gays and lesbians push this?
As far as it takes to receive equal treatment under the law.

Discrimination is wrong, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections