Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,838,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The mods allow people to take offense at anything they want.

It's like, freedom, or something.
You couldn't tell by the number of points I've been awarded. (warnings/demerits .. whatever)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You couldn't tell by the number of points I've been awarded. (warnings/demerits .. whatever)
Yeah, I've had to tone it down, too.

It costs me $4.00 a day for cheap red wine.

I hope no one takes offense at this.

I'll probably die of sulfite poisoning.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:46 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,883,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Just the fact than many of you view his ideas as radical is a testament to just how far we have gone in this country. More liberty for everyone, what a radical idea.
With freedom comes personal responsibility...and THAT scares the poopoo out of a lot of people.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,760,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Can you be taken seriously when you use the term "teabagger" to refer to members of the tea party?
I agree. So I've begun to use the term "rim job Democrats" to balance things out. It's an equally offensive term.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,751,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.
Who says he wants to end public education?

Is your name supposed to be ironic?

Old 06-21-2011, 03:03 PM

541 posts, read 1,903,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Who says he wants to end public education?

Is your name supposed to be ironic?
Ron Paul has stated several times both verbally and his books that he wants to end the Dept. of Education. He believe education should be handled privately or at the very least through local or state means.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,244,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Do people really think he could end public education, the federal reserve, and big government? Are people this naive? There is no way 95% of what Ron Paul says would ever happen.
I bet not too many predicted that Obama could force through a massive government take-over of the health care industry, either.

And the point is that every step in the RIGHT direction is just that--a step in the right direction. We need to stop charging pell-mell down the road to even Bigger Government, bigger debt, and suffocating economy.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
Ron Paul has stated several times both verbally and his books that he wants to end the Dept. of Education. He believe education should be handled privately or at the very least through local or state means.
That's a far cry from ending public education.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Translation, politically incorrect. Sorry, I don't give a squat about political correctness. I thought right wingers were anti PC, I guess they aren't, especially when their feelings are involved.

If you are going to carry around signs calling Obama a racist, Muslim, African , monkey, then you should have the balls to take any jabs thrown at you.
Let me clear this up

Political correctness - Twisting your facts in order to not offend people.
Non political correctness - Speaking the truth without regard for people's feelings.
Being an ******* - Going out of your way to insult people. <- This is you

Old 06-21-2011, 03:50 PM

309 posts, read 428,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Political correctness is out of control. What's next, we can't call Limbaugh a drug addict but someone who misused chemicals.

Give me a break. To the politically correct crowd I say sit on it.
Politically correct? Do you know what the term means? This has nothing to do with being PC and everything to do with vulgarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections