U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM
 
11,896 posts, read 14,359,727 times
Reputation: 7526

Advertisements

Michele Bachmann Criticizes Black Farmer Settlement
Alienating the African Americans and the Agricultural community at once? But surely endearing herself to the white racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2011, 01:55 AM
 
Location: Morgantown, WV
1,000 posts, read 1,528,344 times
Reputation: 492
Because the heavily democratic black community would EVER consider voting republican! Right? Especially with a african american in the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 AM
 
Location: Ohio
14,313 posts, read 12,569,286 times
Reputation: 19017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Because the heavily democratic black community would EVER consider voting republican! Right? Especially with a african american in the Oval Office.
THAT certainly doesn't excuse her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 AM
 
Location: Morgantown, WV
1,000 posts, read 1,528,344 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
THAT certainly doesn't excuse her.
I didn't say that. I'm saying that anyone who thinks blacks would vote republican is high on something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 02:15 AM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,111,206 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I didn't say that. I'm saying that anyone who thinks blacks would vote republican is high on something.
its alienation and crap like this that made them flock to the dems to begin with.

before the republicans pursued the southern strategy to appeal to southern racist whites, blacks voted over 80 percent with republicans.

bachmann is an idiot, simple as that. i thought she had a decent shot at the nomination, but between this and all the other dumb comments she's recently made, and then with her husbands gay problem, she is sinking fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 AM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
19,639 posts, read 13,276,644 times
Reputation: 12815
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
I didn't say that. I'm saying that anyone who thinks blacks would vote republican is high on something.
Not just blacks, thinking people too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:28 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,637,713 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Michele Bachmann Criticizes Black Farmer Settlement
Alienating the African Americans and the Agricultural community at once? But surely endearing herself to the white racists.
Yeah it must have to do with race and not the fact that farm subsidies are not needed

I agree with her, farm subsidies to anyone (whether black, white, green, purple, red with polka dots) should not be handed out by the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Reputation: 38646
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Yeah it must have to do with race and not the fact that farm subsidies are not needed

I agree with her, farm subsidies to anyone (whether black, white, green, purple, red with polka dots) should not be handed out by the government.
and so do a lot of us. For years these subsidies have been overdone.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
 
5,307 posts, read 5,913,575 times
Reputation: 2593
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Yeah it must have to do with race and not the fact that farm subsidies are not needed

I agree with her, farm subsidies to anyone (whether black, white, green, purple, red with polka dots) should not be handed out by the government.
Bachmann was speaking specifically about the Pigford settlement, not farm subsidies in general. She's echoing an oft-repeated assertion that a settlement of redress for USDA's decades-long discriminatory lending practices towards black farmers was unfair. In Bachmann's world, when black farmers get compensated to make up for USDA not granting them loans, it's, in her words, "fraud".

And you should change your statement to, "I disagree with her, farm subsidies to anyone (whether black, white, green, purple, red with polka dots) should not be handed out by the government."

Because Michele Bachmann is not against government farm subsidies, both for Minnesota farmers and herself.

"Your efforts to stabilize prices through direct government purchasing of pork and dairy products are very much welcomed by the producers in Minnesota, and I would encourage you to take any additional steps necessary to prevent further deterioration of these critical industries, such as making additional commodity purchases and working to expand trade outlets for these and other agricultural goods."

Bachmann, in a letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack in 2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2011, 10:43 AM
 
300 posts, read 194,642 times
Reputation: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Bachmann was speaking specifically about the Pigford settlement, not farm subsidies in general. She's echoing an oft-repeated assertion that a settlement of redress for USDA's decades-long discriminatory lending practices towards black farmers was unfair. In Bachmann's world, when black farmers get compensated to make up for USDA not granting them loans, it's, in her words, "fraud".

And you should change your statement to, "I disagree with her, farm subsidies to anyone (whether black, white, green, purple, red with polka dots) should not be handed out by the government."

Because Michele Bachmann is not against government farm subsidies, both for Minnesota farmers and herself.

"Your efforts to stabilize prices through direct government purchasing of pork and dairy products are very much welcomed by the producers in Minnesota, and I would encourage you to take any additional steps necessary to prevent further deterioration of these critical industries, such as making additional commodity purchases and working to expand trade outlets for these and other agricultural goods."

Bachmann, in a letter to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack in 2009.
Be careful!

Don't know you facts always get in the way of the race card being thrown around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top