Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

White-Hot GOP Race Down To Two Mentally Ill People, Person Who Lost Nomination Last Time | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because the evolution/Creation debate goes directly to the education/intelligence level of the candidate. If Rick Perry is too stupid or stubborn to understand the most well evidence scientific theory in human history, he's too stupid to be the leader of the free world.

It's no different then him standing on a podium on national television and declaring that we never landed on the moon and the Holocaust was a hoax. He'd be laughed out of office.
This.

It says an enormous amount about his judgement.

We have a president now with poor judgement. I don't want another one.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because the evolution/Creation debate goes directly to the education/intelligence level of the candidate. If Rick Perry is too stupid or stubborn to understand the most well evidence scientific theory in human history, he's too stupid to be the leader of the free world.
Pretty much this.

There's believing in Creationism, and there's pushing to teach Creationism on the same level as Evolution.

It's just pure idiocy.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:50 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
On one side you have a man who supports the theory of evolution , on the other side you have a man who views the "Flintstones" as a documentary

Rick Perry Jon Huntsman Evolution Dispute May Widen GOP Split

The Great Divide - Ronald Brownstein - NationalJournal.com
Who is John Hunstman? Who cares what he has to say-- he is a nobody.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Well maybe you need to do your homework. You might actually like him if you were to take the time to find out something about him. I'd suggest you start by learning how to spell his name and then move on from there.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
You may want to see someone about memory loss. Just yesterday you posted

"Kinda funny how hard CNN is pushing for John Hunstman

They have had like 10 articles on him in the past week. He isn't even a front runner..."

Now you don't even know who he is.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:05 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You may want to see someone about memory loss. Just yesterday you posted

"Kinda funny how hard CNN is pushing for John Hunstman

They have had like 10 articles on him in the past week. He isn't even a front runner..."

Now you don't even know who he is.
LOL! That's funny. I didn't realize it was Cyclone who'd posted that. I guess there's a lesson there... If you want to know something about a candidate, you have to do more than take note of how much coverage he's getting. You have to actually listen to what he's saying and what people are saying about him.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:28 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
LOL! That's funny. I didn't realize it was Cyclone who'd posted that. I guess there's a lesson there... If you want to know something about a candidate, you have to do more than take note of how much coverage he's getting. You have to actually listen to what he's saying and what people are saying about him.
Do you not understand the point I was making?

Huntsman is a nobody. No one cares about him. He is polling at less than 3%. His support isn't going to climb, because we are already flooded with better candidates than Huntsman. Thus my statement of "Who is John Huntsman?" I am not asking because I don't know, I am stating the question to show he is a nobody.

Also, this evolution issue is a non-issue. Huntsman is a huge hypocrite who has been pro-government spending all his life. He may as well be butt buddies with Obama. Vote for him if you want another pro-spending republican in the white house.

Some huntsman hypocrisy on spending:
-He pushed for government funding of energy efficient programs
-He thought the 2009 stimulus should have been BIGGER
-He wanted more government spending into clean coal technology
-He wants more funding for the EPA and state and local air pollution agencies

He may as well join the Democratic party. Under Huntsman you will get a couple more stimulus packages. The national debt will probably rise from 16 trillion predicted in 2012, to over 20 - 25 trillion. This will devalue our currency even more.

I beg you guys to get educated about the actual histories and voting records of these candidates before you support them.

Last edited by h152cc2; 08-24-2011 at 12:38 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 12:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...and this silliness applies to a person's qualifications for being president, how?
Intelligence is a qualification. Creationists either lack intelligence or spend their life in such terror of hellfire that they won't employ it. Either case disqualifies someone from any important position of trust.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
He may as well be butt buddies with Obama. .

I don't think Huntsman is courting the knuckledragging, mouthbreather votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections