Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:21 PM

485 posts, read 1,455,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
S0 you only respond to republicans? I am not a Republican and you have responded to me.
No, I am actually an independent, but there are some people like A_lexis who no one would dare respond to, they are so far over the top. Not sure about Casper but I really don't remember ever responding to him. My point though is that I always try to be civil offering a point of view but always striving for civility. That is why I think that Casper is confused or took something out of context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 04:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
No, I am actually an independent, but there are some people like A_lexis who no one would dare respond to, they are so far over the top. Not sure about Casper but I really don't remember ever responding to him. My point though is that I always try to be civil offering a point of view but always striving for civility. That is why I think that Casper is confused or took something out of context.
Wow! - I hope you respond to me...sometime. I agree with you....are we kin?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Wow! - I hope you respond to me...sometime. I agree with you....are we kin?
Probably not. There is always room for a quality guy though.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Probably not. There is always room for a quality guy though.

ha Sally was my first official girlfriend in the 5th grade (be still my heart) and every 'Mary' I've encountered has been so nice....so, quality knows quality!

Last edited by quality guy; 08-25-2011 at 05:34 PM..

Old 08-25-2011, 05:32 PM

See Casper, some people think I am nice!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
Quote:
See Casper, some people think I am nice!

I am trying to figure out what your love connection has to do with the great divide between huntsman and Perry.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:16 PM

Don't really think it has anything to do with it. Just waiting for Casper to come back and explain why he accused me of slandering him. Oh Casper are you out there?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:20 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
This pretty much sums it up. By defining life begins at conception on a federal level, he is ensuring that states must pass laws protecting life. Although he gives the states the right to pass such laws-- he is pretty much pigeon-holing them.

His pro-life stance goes well with his pro-liberty message. Because life and liberty go hand in hand.
The irony of the pro life argument (which is usually religiously motivated) is that it's not Biblically supported. Life does not begin at conception in the Bible, nor is forcing an abortion a capital offense unless it kills the mother.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is important because they can push the teaching of religious beliefs in our public schools, something the vast Majoriy ar

Casper
if you are not involved in public education, you may not be aware that classroom textbooks are selected by a committee of experts (teachers) in the field. There is no way that a governor let alone a president would be able to influence the selection against the will of the majority as you seem to imply. When I taught HS Biology in Texas, I taught the theory of Evolution as per the state approved textbook. If parents want their children to be taught creationism, they are free to pay for a private school but there is no way this is going to occur in a public school. There is a little thing called the separation of church and state, of which I am sure you are aware. Therefore this is just a bunch of noise that has no importance, but is being used as a smoke screen to cover the fact that perry has a proven record of job creation and Obama does not.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
There is a little thing called the separation of church and state
Your statement enforces my awareness that the Education system...is the most evil system on Earth, MarySally.

''Separation of church and state'' is not....and NEVER has been in the constitution of the U. S. A. The wicked liberals (Godless 'left') began promoting that LIE in the early 1950's...around the time of the Joe McCarthy hearings.

The separation of church and state is a complete distortion ....and never meant to be interpreted as part of the constitution.

Separation of church and state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

''The phrase "separation of church and state" itself does not appear in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Prior to 1947, however separation of church and state was not considered part of the constitution''

Last edited by quality guy; 08-26-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections