Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

I don't think Gingrich is necessarily stupid. But some years back, when he was close to the center of attention, he was infected with a severe case of Electionitis. The man honestly believes he's going to say the right words, and voila! The whole nation will be sitting up in rapt attention, itching to be able to cast the votes that will propel him to the Presidency. And so he keeps trying to find those magic words, never realizing that his day has come and gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I believe he has surrounded himself, as have all the others, with people that tell him how great he is and how wonderful his ideas are. Without anyone to provide a sense of reality complete delusion takes over and he believes his own BS. He is not stupid but he has become trapped in his own reality.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Last night at the GOP debate Newt called Bernanke the "most inflationary" Fed chairman in history. This may be a good applause line in a fact free debate, but if he simply checked the numbers he would see that inflation is extremely low currently. Inflation is lower now than when Greenspan was Fed chairman.

I guess the question we all should be asking is if Newt can't even look up basic facts, then how would he be able to run the country?
Newt is a jerk ******* but hes right. Have you not seen gas or food prices? Don't believe the index b/c it doesn't include those items

Inflation is HORRID and no one is talking about it and I CAN'T EAT AN IPAD

Old 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Newt is highly intellegent. I don't trust him because of his abdication on the "contract with America" and the spending spree the GOP went on as a result. I don't trust him because he sat on that sofa with San Fran Nan pitching carbon taxes to combat "global warming". There are a number of highly intellegent people who I find undeserving of my trust.

Those who cannot see that Newt is in the top three most intellegent candidates on the stage are the ones who are "stupid". Newt has a historical grasp of our nation's dirsction and how we arrived where we are like no other candidate other than Ron Paul. The community college professor occupying the Oval office can hold a candle to neither when it comes to knowledge base and intellegence.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:11 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Last night at the GOP debate Newt called Bernanke the "most inflationary" Fed chairman in history. This may be a good applause line in a fact free debate, but if he simply checked the numbers he would see that inflation is extremely low currently. Inflation is lower now than when Greenspan was Fed chairman.

I guess the question we all should be asking is if Newt can't even look up basic facts, then how would he be able to run the country?
have you seen prices in the store...REAL infaltion is not low

the 'government reported' inflation is low

REAL NUMBERS tell a different story...especially for seniors on fixed incomes

in 2002, cotton was $39 per pound. feb 2011, cotton hit $213 per pound.

in 2002, soybeans were $160 per metric ton, now $524

in 2002, silver was $450 per troy ounce, now $3,085

in 2002, domestic sugar was $5 per pound, now $29.

in 2002 zinc was $770 per metric ton, now $2,473

many things are costing 100% increase in the last 4 years

there is the reported inflation and COST INFALTION

a 3lb can of coffee(maxwellhouse or foldgers) in 2004 $3-$4.....now a 2.1lb can of coffee $8-10(just saw in one store ($12)...that's a 400% increase in less than 10 years
a half gallon of breyers icream in 2004... 2(two) for $5...today a 1.5 quart for $6

inflation has been near 15% for the last 3 years

look at the prices in the stores

have you benn to the store

prices are going up, and up

coffee is double what it was 4 years ago

coffee up

sugar up

cotton up

corn up

all other vegitable up

all meats up

almost everything us up

REAL INFALTION IS CURRENTLY ABOUT 10-15% or more...unfortuantely the government(from either party) doesnt give us the REAL numbers

it certainly is for every working class person or old person

you think that your utility cost being up is not inlation???

you think your medical/pharm costs being up is not inflation???

you think your clothing costs being up is not inflation???

you think your housing (rent and rela taxes) being up is not inflation???

you think food costs going up is not inflation???

you think building supply costs (ie home depot) being UP is not inflation???

almost EVERYTHING we use has gone up by at least 10% to in some cases 30%- 40% in the last 3 years...and you are going to tell me inflation is "only 2% or less"

have you been to the store???...have you SEEN THE PRICES???? milk is nearly $4 a gallon...meats have gone though the roof...

sorry you are too blind to see

you certainly do prove that the sheeple are out there for the slaughter

so are you going to tell me YOU BELIEVE the government TELLING YOU that inflation is at 0-1% when PRICES in nearly everything have risen 10-20-50% and in some cases doubled and tripled or more????

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND...dude

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-14-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
[quote=workingclasshero;20876931]have you seen prices in the store...REAL infaltion is not low

the 'government reported' inflation is low

REAL NUMBERS tell a different story...especially for seniors on fixed incomes

in 2002, silver was $450 per troy ounce, now $3,085

Come on now. I recently checked out silver prices and it was around $42 an ounce. In 2002 maybe around $15.

in 2002, domestic sugar was $5 per pound, now $29.

5 pound bag of sugar is under $3. You aren't credible.

many things are costing 100% increase in the last 4 years

Old 09-14-2011, 01:53 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Someone needs to put Gingrich's campaign out of its misery. The guy's personal life is something I'd scrape off the bottom of my shoe, and yet he runs his mouth about family values. If he thinks a serial adulterer can get the nomination that has morality embroidered on its flag then YES he is stupid.
OVER half of the voters (women) will NOT vote for him, unless they are over age 65 and like angry fat, old white men.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Is Newt Gingrich Stupid?

Stupid? No...

Dumb? Yes. But not stupid.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,920 times
Newt is smart, but right here he's factually wrong, and he's too contrarian to be presidential material.

For example, right now he's relying on his economic ideology that tells him that there ought to be inflation, rather than the economic data which suggests that there is little to no inflation.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Apparently not that smart. He did not get tenure as an academic. Perhaps I am wrong though. They might have thought. The guy is smart, but who would want to work with such an opinionated azz for the next 30 years!!! Either way, I don't want Gingrich for President. He has the appeal of a turd sandwich.
The real question is, would you even vote for a Republican president in the first place? Well, you would, but they would have to be a liberal Republican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections