Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yeah, I find it interesting how others are researching this on their own. I thought his comments on the CAFRs and the debt paradigm important. We can talk about the FED, but it's just one aspect. The SLC Mayor plainly stated the CEO of the new police corporation is now the sheriff. In Delaware, they have apparently stripped sheriffs of their arresting powers.

You could probably trace the "corporate" idea back further at least w/ the "districting". Different people have different views on this. However, it has been evolving and consolidating with the help of govt and bankers.
I tried looking to see if Ron Paul has ever commented on Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports but couldn't find anything. I wonder if he's been asked about them? Of course Alex Jones and George Noory and others have known about them for years.

Did you know that Walter Burien's son was kidnapped and that the kidnapping was linked to his exposure of this?

Geeze. Sometimes it seems like there is no end in sight to all of those h#l( bent on scamming/ taking advantage of unsuspecting trusting American Citizens -- most of them in government and Fortune 100 companies not to mention the banksters and global groups like the U.N! It is sad so few people have even a foggy notion that it goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
I'm sorry guys, but you have lost me with all this CAFR stuff. I know I'm not an idiot, but this is complicated and I assume I'm not the only one on this Ron Paul thread that is not following this conversation.
Forgive me, but why are you talking about this here?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM

I wish some of these new supporters would give to the money bomb.
The Deal with Jack Hunter: Ignoring the rEVOLution - YouTube

Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The guy narrating the first clip should redo his narrative starting out with the correct name of the reports. They aren't the "Consolidated Annual Financial Reports". Rather they are the "Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports."

Wow. The Mayor, in the second clip, might as well have said, "In government extortion is perfectly acceptable. We need X gazzillions in reserve". What a SCAM government is.
Aha, I just watched the one with the mayor, now I'm beginning to comprehend what we are talking about, and it stinks.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm sorry guys, but you have lost me with all this CAFR stuff. I know I'm not an idiot, but this is complicated and I assume I'm not the only one on this Ron Paul thread that is not following this conversation.
Forgive me, but why are you talking about this here?
It just shows another way governments have been ripping the private sector and American Citizens off... and another reason why government, like Ron Paul has been saying, needs to be pared way way down and there needs to be TRANSPARENCY.

The problem isn't with just the Federal government but with ALL government. It has just been getting worse and worse and WORSE and I just thought it was relevant. Things are a lot worse than most people think they are and voting more more status quo candidates is just going to keep the dishonesty and extortion and control of Americans going.

The Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports are well worth looking into. You can find your city's on-line and after you watch Walter Burien's analysis of where to look to see how much money is being hidden from the public, you'll be outraged.

It is like Ron Paul has always said and he's right. We could get rid of the income tax. There are PLENTY of other ways and resources already out there where we could have a FAR higher standard of living; not have to pay taxes; all only work part time ----if there wasn't so much GREED among people in government and BIG banks and corporations and global concerns.

There is no reason why we should have to suffer and scrimp when there is so much of our tax dollars that have been invested that has amounted to so much we'd ought not to pay anywhere NEAR the taxes they take from us.

A lot of it is the Federal Reserve but it doesn't help when local and county and state governments have two sets of books and use one to show the people to justify raising taxes to make ends meet and the other that shows investments doing so well they are laughing all the way to the bank. These CAFRs have only been around since Roosevelt's time so they are a newer way to fleece Americans than the IRS and the Federal Reserve.

Now the newest scam is Agenda 21 which originates from the U.N. or "sustainability" programs and "greening" which again will benefit the government and corporations. However these programs involve taking people's private property away and moving people to cities or concentrating people in urban areas for the good of the collective. This is really evil. If the truth be told it is about government and corporate sustainability. The worst thing about this program isn 't even stealing people's property. It get's much worse.

These are all reasons why we NEED Ron Paul as our next President. He's the only one who can stop all this. He's the only one with more than half a clue it all goes on.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-18-2012 at 12:41 AM..

Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Aha, I just watched the one with the mayor, now I'm beginning to comprehend what we are talking about, and it stinks.
@emilybh Yes, I was aware of the story of Burien's son.
This is I believe Clint's channel, not sure, but some interesting stuff.
TheCorporationNation - YouTube
Yeah haven't heard RP talking about this. Not sure why. It is important in the scheme of things. I do recall I think, seeing some mentions on an RP site of a couple of counties that will be implementing TRF's. Could be other stuff, since I don't really frequent those sites.

@Claudhopper
CAFRs and AFRs are the actual accounting of govt wealth. Each locality, city and state on up has one. This is very important to understand. It is always about the funds. The budget is where you put your "expenses". The surplus or assets do not get discussed. Go look at the examiner stuff I posted and the vid emilybh posted from Burien. (A bit earlier from what you just viewed on the SLC Mayor.)

The state of FL alone had easily 49bil assets listed at the end of the last CAFR iirc. It creeps and creeps. Like everything else.
Just like regulated energy companies have no incentive to save money because they are allowed a percentage of their costs in profits. Govts need to keep those budgets and funds going so they can make vague claims like that SLC Mayor was making.

When we hear about GS shorting the market for "derivative" products you need to think of how this applies to govt investments also.

Basically they are "externalizing" costs to "you".

Go about midway and look at GE, Diebold and Monsanto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e97C5n0Bws4

Last edited by CDusr; 04-17-2012 at 11:57 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah haven't heard RP talking about this. Not sure why. It is important in the scheme of things. I do recall I think, seeing some mentions on an RP site of a couple of counties that will be implementing TRF's. Could be other stuff, since I don't really frequent those sites.

@Claudhopper
CAFRs and AFRs are the actual accounting of govt wealth. Each locality, city and state on up has one. This is very important to understand. It is always about the funds. The budget is where you put your "expenses". The surplus or assets do not get discussed. Go look at the examiner stuff I posted and the vid emilybh posted from Burien. (A bit earlier from what you just viewed on the SLC Mayor.)

The state of FL alone had easily 49bil assets listed at the end of the last CAFR iirc. It creeps and creeps. Like everything else.
Just like regulated energy companies have no incentive to save money because they are allowed a percentage of their costs in profits. Govts need to keep those budgets and funds going so they can make vague claims like that SLC Mayor was making.

When we hear about GS shorting the market for "derivative" products you need to think of how this applies to govt investments also.

Dear Matt Damon Part 2 - YouTube
Great Video! The only thing missing was ..and it was too bad... he didn't show the breakdown of all the investments were found in a CAFR. But it sure shows the marriage of big corporations with government and conflict of interests and how fascist this country has become.

Good point about the derivatives. Lindsay Williams says right after the derivatives go haywire will be when we have our currency crisis. He says it won't be until after the Euro is first destroyed. Now I can see why he says that...because so much of govt money is tied up in them. One thing Williams says to do is get out of the stock market...in fact get out of paper..when that happens. Our govt will then really be broke.

When a dollar buys nothing. 5000 bazillions of them won't do you much good.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:

@Claudhopper

Dear Matt Damon Part 2 - YouTube
That's an eyeopener! Never thought of the gov't "owning" stock, but this is how they fund their pensions. Did I get that right? So does the gov't own the corporations, or do the corporations own our gov't?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Great Video! The only thing missing was ..and it was too bad... he didn't show the breakdown of all the investments were found in a CAFR. But it sure shows the marriage of big corporations with government and conflict of interests and how fascist this country has become.

Good point about the derivatives. Lindsay Williams says right after the derivatives go haywire will be when we have our currency crisis. He says it won't be until after the Euro is first destroyed. Now I can see why he says that...because so much of govt money is tied up in them. One thing Williams says to do is get out of the stock market...in fact get out of paper..when that happens. Our govt will then really be broke.

I do believe our economy is going to implode, and have taken actions just in case, however I really can't comprehend our dollar being worthless. If or when that happens, social security checks, welfare checks, paychecks, unemployment checks will be worthless? Or will they continue, but they won't buy much of anything? We go to the bank and find our savings account empty? How do you think this will come down?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:

He does a lot of vids on this topic. Part 1 shows where this is from. This is a list taken from a fund. So he is showing they are part of CAFRs.

Dear Matt Damon Part 1 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections