Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 07:15 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
If he isn't we are a nation of PUSHOVERS!

what is going on in our country is EXACTLY what happened prior to the French Revolution [/url]
Yeah...OK....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
I don't know what to think of this. I'll post it, because it is something to consider since it comes from Eustace, who was nothing short of brilliant. This is his last interview before he died, he had already had several heart attacks, due to the stress that Virginia put upon him. That story is in Rense and very interesting.

Eustace Mullins' on FED, Ron Paul, Rockefeller & G. Edward Griffin - YouTube

Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Well Ron Paul is surging in the polls. The latest ones show he is most favored to be our next president between Obama, Romney and Paul and therefore most likely to beat Obama.
ChipIn: Ron Paul vs. Obama Poll

Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
I doubt anyone would buck the system and vote for the outsider, even if he could win. I think it will be an easy win for Obama , as long as he keeps his eye on the ball.

I do think Ron Paul would be harder to beat for Obama as he would swing the middle folks and please the right. Romney can't do either. I always thought the people in office influence the candidate so the weakest is chosen...

In my poll people seemed to like the Green Party candidate better than either Obama or romney....

Old 08-13-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know what to think of this. I'll post it, because it is something to consider since it comes from Eustace, who was nothing short of brilliant. This is his last interview before he died, he had already had several heart attacks, due to the stress that Virginia put upon him. That story is in Rense and very interesting.

Eustace Mullins' on FED, Ron Paul, Rockefeller & G. Edward Griffin - YouTube
I've heard before by Joel Skousen actually, author of Strategic Relocation that the destruction of the currency was part of the plan due to the fact that the banksters are in way over their heads and that a war would be started to distract Americans from the crooked banksters. The war would be started either by the Russians or the Chinese, Skoussen says. When it is over there would be a new currency and the banksters would again be made to look like the saviors. Although, maybe it won't be so easy this time. I think most people are on to banksterism.

I think that just starting a competing currency like Ron Paul says would be all we need to do. It would enable people to get into another currency that is more stable; that won't be devalued by over printing; that would maintain its purchasing power. All it would do would render the FED useless because nobody would want Federal Reserve Notes anymore. I think we could avoid martial law if we could get this rolling soon -- before the election. Then people would already start to see that the alternate currency was better and they'd experience first hand that Ron Paul is far-and-away the best man to be the next president....and he'd get elected. We could AVOID another awful war and government take over and actually TAKE BACK control of the government.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:28 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I doubt anyone would buck the system and vote for the outsider, even if he could win. I think it will be an easy win for Obama , as long as he keeps his eye on the ball.

I do think Ron Paul would be harder to beat for Obama as he would swing the middle folks and please the right. Romney can't do either. I always thought the people in office influence the candidate so the weakest is chosen...

In my poll people seemed to like the Green Party candidate better than either Obama or romney....
Sadly, with our current system. Doesn't matter who you vote for. Those in charge of the vote run the show.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Did people see this?

<<Romney is losing to Obama in the polls as reported by http://RealClearPolitics.com. Romney is losing 57 to 41 in the Intrade Prediction Market. He is losing in the electoral count 250 to 190.Romney can't beat Obama so why do the GOP want to nominate a sure loser at Tampa? They don't, and maybe they won't since they have a choice - Ron Paul can win.But the Tampa Delegates need to know Paul can beat Obama. They already know that Romney can't. If Tampa wants "anyone but Obama," then a national poll showing Paul beating Obama would convince them Paul can give them what they want.....The Paul Activists need to be able to show that Paul is winning in the polls when pitted against Obama, and that Romney loses when he is polled against Obama.National polls with Paul against Obama should be a main component in our strategy for Paul to win the nomination. Only Ron Paul can defeat Obama and the polls will prove it ....................>>

Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Did people see this?

<<Romney is losing to Obama in the polls as reported by http://RealClearPolitics.com. Romney is losing 57 to 41 in the Intrade Prediction Market. He is losing in the electoral count 250 to 190.Romney can't beat Obama so why do the GOP want to nominate a sure loser at Tampa? They don't, and maybe they won't since they have a choice - Ron Paul can win.But the Tampa Delegates need to know Paul can beat Obama. They already know that Romney can't. If Tampa wants "anyone but Obama," then a national poll showing Paul beating Obama would convince them Paul can give them what they want.....The Paul Activists need to be able to show that Paul is winning in the polls when pitted against Obama, and that Romney loses when he is polled against Obama.National polls with Paul against Obama should be a main component in our strategy for Paul to win the nomination. Only Ron Paul can defeat Obama and the polls will prove it ....................>>

I don't think polls matter much. RP supporters are well informed, in general. They need to be organized and strategic.

Their options are being "cut-off" at every turn. They need transparency, documentation and organization to maximize all of that. Though I admit that a concerning, many people simply seem willing to turn a blind eye to corruption.

Any updates on the lawsuit?
Canadians Join Lawyers for Ron Paul Federal Lawsuit Against GOP

This is typical.
The Ron Paul Grassroots "Delegate Lawsuit" Tossed, New Version ...

Amended version.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7pG...VkE/edit?pli=1

Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
I wonder if they really know what they are getting with Ryan. Take a look at this, he isn't who they think he is.

Veep Pick Paul Ryan Is No Conservative

But on the other side of the ledger, Ryan's voting record shows a robust support of big-spending programs to enlarge the role of the federal government, especially when they are promoted by a Republican in the White House. Ryan voted for all of the big-ticket, budget-busting items of the administration of President George W. Bush, including the No Child Left Behind Act and the prescription drug benefit known as Medicare Part D, often described as the largest expansion of the welfare state since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. Ryan voted to create the new Department of Homeland Security, including the Transportation Security Administration that has harassed air travelers, while making aircraft safe from shoes, belt buckles and grandma's knitting needles. He voted for the PATRIOT Act, giving government enhanced powers for warrantless snooping into the lives of American citizens as well as foreign nationals. Ryan voted for the Troubled Assets Relief Program that bailed out the "too big to fail" financial institutions and inspired the Tea Party rebellion against big government and "crony capitalism." He backed the auto bailout that turned GM into "Government Motors."
And while conservatives generally like to leave wars and military spending off the list of costly "big government" programs, Ryan's record on that front is also troubling. Like Romney, Ryan has no foreign policy credentials and no record of military service to point to in the election campaign. And like Romney, Ryan swallowed whole the Bush-Cheney line on Iraq and supported the decision to invade and occupy that country in a needless war that cost more than 4,000 American and hundreds of thousands Iraqi lives and has added roughly a trillion dollars to our soaring national debt. Ryan's budget calls for no reduction in military spending, despite the continued presence of U.S. troops in some 130 countries around the world, most of which have no bearing on our own national security.
Even more troubling is Ryan's vote last December in favor of the National Defense Authorization Act. The legislation included a provision authorizing the president to use the military to arrest suspected terrorists, including American citizens apprehended in the United States, and hold them indefinitely, without charges and without trial, in clear violation of due process rights guaranteed by the Constitution. This year Ryan voted against an amendment to remove that provision from the law.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I wonder if they really know what they are getting with Ryan. Take a look at this, he isn't who they think he is.

Veep Pick Paul Ryan Is No Conservative

But on the other side of the ledger, Ryan's voting record shows a robust support of big-spending programs to enlarge the role of the federal government, especially when they are promoted by a Republican in the White House. Ryan voted for all of the big-ticket, budget-busting items of the administration of President George W. Bush, including the No Child Left Behind Act and the prescription drug benefit known as Medicare Part D, often described as the largest expansion of the welfare state since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. Ryan voted to create the new Department of Homeland Security, including the Transportation Security Administration that has harassed air travelers, while making aircraft safe from shoes, belt buckles and grandma's knitting needles. He voted for the PATRIOT Act, giving government enhanced powers for warrantless snooping into the lives of American citizens as well as foreign nationals. Ryan voted for the Troubled Assets Relief Program that bailed out the "too big to fail" financial institutions and inspired the Tea Party rebellion against big government and "crony capitalism." He backed the auto bailout that turned GM into "Government Motors."
And while conservatives generally like to leave wars and military spending off the list of costly "big government" programs, Ryan's record on that front is also troubling. Like Romney, Ryan has no foreign policy credentials and no record of military service to point to in the election campaign. And like Romney, Ryan swallowed whole the Bush-Cheney line on Iraq and supported the decision to invade and occupy that country in a needless war that cost more than 4,000 American and hundreds of thousands Iraqi lives and has added roughly a trillion dollars to our soaring national debt. Ryan's budget calls for no reduction in military spending, despite the continued presence of U.S. troops in some 130 countries around the world, most of which have no bearing on our own national security.
Even more troubling is Ryan's vote last December in favor of the National Defense Authorization Act. The legislation included a provision authorizing the president to use the military to arrest suspected terrorists, including American citizens apprehended in the United States, and hold them indefinitely, without charges and without trial, in clear violation of due process rights guaranteed by the Constitution. This year Ryan voted against an amendment to remove that provision from the law.
CH,
I don't think the majority of peeps that would vote for romney or ryan really are concerned with those sort of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections