Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, facing a conservative backlash over his labeling as heartless those who oppose his state law giving college tuition breaks to the children of illegal immigrants, said Wednesday that the tone of his remarks was “inappropriate.”
Will you heartless right wingers forgive him?

Rick Perry says his remarks on immigration were ‘inappropriate’ - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,878 times
Nope

Old 09-29-2011, 04:46 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,255 times
Im not forgiving the "Chosen One" for all this hope and change he's dumped on us either

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im not forgiving the "Chosen One" for all this hope and change he's dumped on us either
This thread is not about Obama. Nice deflection.

Seems like that is the only response right wingers have nowadays.

"Obama, Obama, democrats, unions, Pelosi"

pathetic

Old 09-29-2011, 07:59 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
No.

This illustrated a lack of leadership on Perry's part.

Leadership is convincing the other side that your ideas have merit, and your solutions are founded in logic, common sense and facts. You do not lead, and convince others that your ideas are best, by telling them they "don't have a heart" if they don't agree with you.

Leadership is not ordering people around, demanding they "pass my bill" a hundred times, or disparaging them for not agreeing with you. We get that enough from 0bama. I don't feel we need another four years with a bullying, name-calling, whiner-in-chief.

If Perry wants my current opinion of him to change, he will need to demonstrate some leadership, and convince me that his heartless comment was out of character for him, and simply a poor choice of words.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 AM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
This thread is not about Obama. Nice deflection.

Seems like that is the only response right wingers have nowadays.

"Obama, Obama, democrats, unions, Pelosi"

pathetic
I think he means to say that words mean something, and actions, even more so. That he is being consistent, and that it does not matter who it is, whether it's Perry or 0bama.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think he means to say that words mean something, and actions, even more so. That he is being consistent, and that it does not matter who it is, whether it's Perry or 0bama.
Going off topic is supposed to be against the TOS. Perry is the topic.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No.

This illustrated a lack of leadership on Perry's part.

Leadership is convincing the other side that your ideas have merit, and your solutions are founded in logic, common sense and facts. You do not lead, and convince others that your ideas are best, by telling them they "don't have a heart" if they don't agree with you.

Leadership is not ordering people around, demanding they "pass my bill" a hundred times, or disparaging them for not agreeing with you. We get that enough from 0bama. I don't feel we need another four years with a bullying, name-calling, whiner-in-chief.

If Perry wants my current opinion of him to change, he will need to demonstrate some leadership, and convince me that his heartless comment was out of character for him, and simply a poor choice of words.
Correct, if his position is worthy, then he needs to be able to argue it logically. Making such statements are simply emotional lash outs and irrelevant to the issue, which doesn't speak well for his position.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:39 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
He is not really saying he was wrong, he is just saying he used 'inappropriate' wording. I am not sure this will cut it for those that have concerns about the immigration issues

Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,640,204 times
I have real concerns and I have never liked him to start with so that was just the final nail in his coffin.....stick a fork in it, Perry. You are done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections