Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 03:54 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The Second Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting. As someone who is telling others they should study the Constitution before citing it you should know that.

As to your machine gun comment; Yes, I will tell you the semiautomatic rifles banned by Romney were not machine guns. I'm sure it's been explained to you before.

Possession of automatic weapons in the US was already stringently regulated long before Romney's assault on civilian possession of weapons that shared little other than a cosmetic resemblance with their military counterparts.

You're certainly entitled to have no respect for the provisions of the Second Amendment. By the same token, those of us that cherish it's protections have an equal right to call you out on your lack of regard for our freedoms.

And Romney didn't sign anything other than that, but I am sure you know that and just want to misrespresent it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 03:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Was watching the Journal Editorial Report like I do every Saturday night and there was Dorothy Rabinowitz calling us little children for not backing Romney. It was deja vu from 2008 when Jack Kemp scolded us for not getting in line and backing McCain who we all knew was a RINO before the Republican Machine (which includes the NY/DC Republican media) "remade" his image to make him seem like a conservative. To his credit, Paul Gigot told her the reason we aren't is because Romney has been all over the place (polite way of saying flip-flopping) on values the grass roots types hold dear but she was having none of it. She did everything but wag her finger at the camera.

I'm telling you, the NY/DC urban Republican media elite are just as bad as the lefties in telling us our candidates are not electable unless it's their chosen candidate. Since Romney is like their 5th choice in princesses (after all of their other choices said "no") to take to the ball, they are all coming out of the woodwork for him now after looking the other way when their Number 1 picks were still on the table. I thought I'd puke when Ann Coulter announced she was for Romney all the way on Hannity's show.

Excellent point, LC.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:56 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Good catch. Dixiegirl7 is a RINO herself so it is no surprise that she supports progressive RINO's for POTUS.

Oh, now that really hurts my little feelings...lol That term is thrown around for anyone that doesn't agree with every asinine thing or support every goofy candidate some of you do.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Was watching the Journal Editorial Report like I do every Saturday night and there was Dorothy Rabinowitz calling us little children for not backing Romney. It was deja vu from 2008 when Jack Kemp scolded us for not getting in line and backing McCain who we all knew was a RINO before the Republican Machine (which includes the NY/DC Republican media) "remade" his image to make him seem like a conservative. To his credit, Paul Gigot told her the reason we aren't is because Romney has been all over the place (polite way of saying flip-flopping) on values the grass roots types hold dear but she was having none of it. She did everything but wag her finger at the camera.

I'm telling you, the NY/DC urban Republican media elite are just as bad as the lefties in telling us our candidates are not electable unless it's their chosen candidate. Since Romney is like their 5th choice in princesses (after all of their other choices said "no") to take to the ball, they are all coming out of the woodwork for him now after looking the other way when their Number 1 picks were still on the table. I thought I'd puke when Ann Coulter announced she was for Romney all the way on Hannity's show.

It just proves BOTH parties are as corrupt as hell!!

I also saw Coulter with that phony fraud Hannity. She wants a Romney/Cain ticket. I guarantee you...Romney is not only too un-trustworthy (liberal past-Romneycare, etc.)...but the 'Morman issue' is foremost on the minds of milllions of conservative Christians. A black man (a democrat also) may have gotten a 'pass' about his Faith, (and Jeremiah Wright)...but a White man (who's running as a Republican) won't get a 'pass!!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Oh, now that really hurts my little feelings...lol That term is thrown around for anyone that doesn't agree with every asinine thing or support every goofy candidate some of you do.
Exactly. That term is stupid. If you don't support every semi-crazy candidate with questionable intelligence that the GOP throws up you're a "Marxist." If you don't support Palin you're a "RINO" if you don't support Bachmann you're a "RINO" if you don't support Herman Cain you're a "RINO" etc etc.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,623 times
Quote:
Very few on Fox News have been in support of Romney. They have tried everything they can to revive Perry's chances and still are. Now they are singing Cain's praises constantly. I can count on one hand how many are actually positive about Romney, which is crazy imo.
This is weird, because the WSJ and Fox News are owned by Rupert Murdoch. Didn't everybody get the memo? Support the same guy?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
And Romney didn't sign anything other than that, but I am sure you know that and just want to misrespresent it.
There's nothing to misrepresent. Romney signed off on a permanent "assault weapons" ban that prevented law abiding citizens from possessing an entire class of firearms based on nothing other than their appearance.

The Clinton ban, bad as it was at least had a sunset provision. It is no longer in effect, and with good reason. FBI statistics showed it had no demonstrable effect in reducing crime. Romney's ban has no such sunset provision.

Romney also lied about being a "lifelong hunter" and NRA member. His Democrat opponent in the last Massachusetts Governor's race actually had a better NRA rating and track record with regard to supporting gun rights than he did.

If there is any misrepresentation occurring it's coming from you. You insist on trying to portray this RINO as something other than he is.

He (and you, based on your defense of his actions) may well call yourselves Republican. That just goes to show an R after your name in no way makes you a conservative.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
There's nothing to misrepresent. Romney signed off on a permanent "assault weapons" ban that prevented law abiding citizens from possessing an entire class of firearms based on nothing other than their appearance.

The Clinton ban, bad as it was at least had a sunset provision. It is no longer in effect, and with good reason. FBI statistics showed it had no demonstrable effect in reducing crime. Romney's ban has no such sunset provision.

Romney also lied about being a "lifelong hunter" and NRA member. His Democrat opponent in the last Massachusetts Governor's race actually had a better NRA rating and track record with regard to supporting gun rights than he did.

If there is any misrepresentation occurring it's coming from you. You insist on trying to portray this RINO as something other than he is.
You 'Nailed it' pal! Good post!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:21 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Supporting gun control of any kind is a leftist position. I support the only true conservative out there, Ron Paul.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Reagan wasn't "big government?" Please, this revisionist history of Reagan is a little ridiculous. If Ronald Reagan ran today the Tea Party would skewer him. I can only imagine how they'd paint him as a "quasi liberal ex New Deal Democrat flip flopper." Reagan increased the size of the federal government and ran up record deficits. Was he a good President? Yes, but he wasn't the rock ribbed uber conservative that so many Tea Partiers make him out to be.
Wrong. Under Reagan there was actually a slight decrease in domestic spending, and he did it with a Democratic-controlled house. Yes he ran deficits, but it was due to military spending, and he obtained a pretty good result from that, namely victory in the cold war.

Reagan not a rock-ribbed conservative, and you call me revisionist? Pu-leeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections