Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You and I must watch different shows. It was repeatedly mentioned that Romney couldn't get above 25% while they were wooing all of their other unannounced candidate choices. After they went through about 5 of them, and were rejected by those people, now all of a sudden Romney is the electable one. Romney was there from the get-go. Why were they wooing all of those other people to run (and one Vice President in Marco Rubio) if Romney was THE ONE? Romney didn't change. They just ran out of Princesses to take to the ball so now Romney is their date by default. They even sent Christie to bring him a corsage. They'll make him into the best candidate by denigrating the other candidates, glossing over all of his flip flops, the same flip flops he had in 2008 that they put down when McCain was their boyfriend and by saying Romneycare is no big deal. Who is the real Mitt Romney? He's changed his position so many times no one knows what he stands for but they will convince you he's the only one that's electable. Forget about the opinion jockeys. Listen to what"s coming out of the mouths of their panelists and analysts.

No doubt, you accurately describe the joke known as the 'Republican powerbrokers.' - They couldn't successfully run a 'Kool-aid' stand. But they sure drink a lot of it.

Another good post, LauraC.

Now, watch them crawl out of the cracks...to attempt and spin, distort, and deflect what you said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It just proves BOTH parties are as corrupt as hell!!

I also saw Coulter with that phony fraud Hannity. She wants a Romney/Cain ticket. I guarantee you...Romney is not only too un-trustworthy (liberal past-Romneycare, etc.)...but the 'Morman issue' is foremost on the minds of milllions of conservative Christians. A black man (a democrat also) may have gotten a 'pass' about his Faith, (and Jeremiah Wright)...but a White man (who's running as a Republican) won't get a 'pass!!
Sean Hannity didn't seem comfortable with Coulter cheerleading for Romney. I can't wait to see what Rush Limbaugh has to say today. I trust him.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,988,735 times
LOL, you should care about what Colorado and other swing states have to say.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Sean Hannity didn't seem comfortable with Coulter cheerleading for Romney. I can't wait to see what Rush Limbaugh has to say today. I trust him.
I confronted Hannity on his radio show. I had 'chunks' of him in my stool later!

He's nothing but a hired 'gun'....a Company man. Rush made a mistake launching that clown!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
You and I must watch different shows. It was repeatedly mentioned that Romney couldn't get above 25% while they were wooing all of their other unannounced candidate choices. After they went through about 5 of them, and were rejected by those people, now all of a sudden Romney is the electable one. Romney was there from the get-go. Why were they wooing all of those other people to run (and one Vice President in Marco Rubio) if Romney was THE ONE? Romney didn't change. They just ran out of Princesses to take to the ball so now Romney is their date by default. They even sent Christie to bring him a corsage. They'll make him into the best candidate by denigrating the other candidates, glossing over all of his flip flops, the same flip flops he had in 2008 that they put down when McCain was their boyfriend and by saying Romneycare is no big deal. Who is the real Mitt Romney? He's changed his position so many times no one knows what he stands for but they will convince you he's the only one that's electable. Forget about the opinion jockeys. Listen to what"s coming out of the mouths of their panelists and analysts.

Romney has always beent he electable one, that hasn't changed. You have to look past the primaries and see the big picture. Voters in a general election are not the same as in a general election.

The polls show consistenly that Romney is the one who can beat Obama, they do not show any other candidate being able to do that so far. Those are just facts. That doesn't mean that Fox likes it, it's just they way it is.

If you trust Rush, you need to go back and read what he has to say about Romney last go round. Romney hasn't changed a thing this time. Rush is a windbag blowhard that panders to whoever is listening to him.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 AM

Want more? If you really want to laugh out loud, except he's serious, here's George Will painting Romney's flip-flopping on everything, as a positive thing. He's referring to Team Obama here:

“They’ve clearly decided that Romney is the problem,” Will continued. “And they have a problem with Romney because they’re not going to run on their record because the record isn’t particularly appetizing. Therefore they’re going to run on the fitness of the Republican candidate. And I think precisely because how do we say this, Romney showed a certain versatility of conviction over the years, it’s hard to nail him down.”

Herman Cain | Strolling for President | George Will | The Daily Caller

Yup, flip flopping on issues is now "a versatilty of conviction." That's right Will is saying because Romney is a flip flopper over the years that's a good thing because the Democrats can't pin him down on anything which most of us have been saying all along but we don't mean it in a good way...oh yeah, and it's not clear to Will that Cain is a serious candidate:

“He’s not running for president, sort of strolling for president without an infrastructure. It’s pretty and cute and nice but whether or not it works we can be doubtful.”

Pretty and cute? Strolling for President? Can you be more condescending?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. One is not electable because of the structure of his campaign and the other is electable because the Democrats can't nail him down because he's a flip flopper. That's the urban NY/DC Republican media elite for you.

Look for more. You will find it.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Want more? If you really want to laugh out loud, except he's serious, here's George Will painting Romney's flip-flopping on everything, as a positive thing. He's referring to Team Obama here:

“They’ve clearly decided that Romney is the problem,” Will continued. “And they have a problem with Romney because they’re not going to run on their record because the record isn’t particularly appetizing. Therefore they’re going to run on the fitness of the Republican candidate. And I think precisely because how do we say this, Romney showed a certain versatility of conviction over the years, it’s hard to nail him down.”

Herman Cain | Strolling for President | George Will | The Daily Caller

Yup, flip flopping on issues is now "a versatilty of conviction." That's right Will is saying because Romney is a flip flopper over the years that's a good thing because the Democrats can't pin him down on anything which most of us have been saying all along but we don't mean it in a good way...oh yeah, and it's not clear to Will that Cain is a serious candidate:

“He’s not running for president, sort of strolling for president without an infrastructure. It’s pretty and cute and nice but whether or not it works we can be doubtful.”

Pretty and cute? Strolling for President? Can you be more condescending?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. One is not electable because of the structure of his campaign and the other is electable because the Democrats can't nail him down because he's a flip flopper. That's the urban NY/DC Republican media elite for you.

Look for more. You will find it.

LauraC, the kind of sapient insight you have expressed in your above post....just flew far over the heads and minds of the majority of these sycophant fanatic Romney supporters!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,774,809 times
Quote:
Was watching the Journal Editorial Report like I do every Saturday night and there was Dorothy Rabinowitz calling us little children for not backing Romney. It was deja vu from 2008 when Jack Kemp scolded us for not getting in line and backing McCain who we all knew was a RINO before the Republican Machine (which includes the NY/DC Republican media) "remade" his image to make him seem like a conservative. To his credit, Paul Gigot told her the reason we aren't is because Romney has been all over the place (polite way of saying flip-flopping) on values the grass roots types hold dear but she was having none of it. She did everything but wag her finger at the camera.

I'm telling you, the NY/DC urban Republican media elite are just as bad as the lefties in telling us our candidates are not electable unless it's their chosen candidate. Since Romney is like their 5th choice in princesses (after all of their other choices said "no") to take to the ball, they are all coming out of the woodwork for him now after looking the other way when their Number 1 picks were still on the table. I thought I'd puke when Ann Coulter announced she was for Romney all the way on Hannity's show.
How can this surprise you? Do you know who owns the WSJ?

Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ and Fox News. They tell you what they want you to hear, and they are constantly telling you (subliminally and otherwise) how you should think and vote.

Consider yourself lucky: looking at Ann Coulter is enough to make anybody nauseous. Listening to her should send you into tonic-clonic seizures.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,618 times
WSJ, the same people who represent the ones who sucked trillions of dollars out of the economy with the help of Bush and Obama? In summary, the WSJ can go **** themselves.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
LauraC, the kind of sapient insight you have expressed in your above post....just flew far over the heads and minds of the majority of these sycophant fanatic Romney supporters!
But, I'm not making a point about Romney. I'm making a point about the urban Republican elite media in the NY/DC corridor. Romney just happens to be their sweetheart (now) after every other guy they begged to run said "no."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections