Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 05:05 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Huntsman......laughable. But I see where you libs love him, and would love to see him in the WH. He's a liberal, straight up.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Of the Republican candidates, Huntsman is the only rational one on the stage, who hasn't made preposterous, far fetched and absolutely false claims.

So, of course, the hard-right can't stand him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Of the Republican candidates, Huntsman is the only rational one on the stage, who hasn't made preposterous, far fetched and absolutely false claims.

So, of course, the hard-right can't stand him.
Don't worry. If Huntsman ever does gain momentum, your bosses in the DNC will trash him just like they do anyone else who disagrees with your master Obama. Give it time.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovering Democrat View Post
Newt Gingrich left office in January 1999, but the cash flow from Washington didn't stop. He was paid $30,000 per month by Freddie Mac for his services as a "Strategic Advisor."

(How is that different than being a lobbyist? ).

In 2008 he called on then-candidate Obama to fire all campaign aids associated with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and return all funds his campaign received from the GSEs.

I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.
Lol, lobbying is a legal profession. He preformed a service and got paid. Unless you want to claim Obama preformed acservice for Fannie and Freddie, Gingrich is on solid ground criticizing Obama.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 PM

267 posts, read 175,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The moment Evangelicals can stomach voting Mormon?
Then I would have to say they are really unimformed. Harry Reid and many Other Lds people are already in congress. For about 126 years. One even signed our money at one time. Look for the signature Priest. Google, Famous LDS people and you will see some interesting facts.
Ronald Reagan, had a lot of LDS people in his office. On a side, so did HOWARD HUGHES. It had to do with trust. Huntsman worked for Obama.
The name of their church is THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of latter day saints. But, evangelicals want to say they are not christians. Well, believing in CHRIST, (Christ-tian) is where that name came from. They have the name of Jesus Christ, in their church name.! People have to do a lot of learning. Don't confuse the FUNDEMENTALIST Lds, with the regular LDS people. Remember Donny and Marie OSMOND?

Last edited by Autumntimetwo; 11-18-2011 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-18-2011, 05:13 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Neither Freddie or Fannie drove the market off a cliff. The GOVERNMENT did, by insuring and subsidizing it

Yeah, why be factual when we can have you post what you believe should be the truth, even when your belief is 100% wrong.

Here, I'll try to dumb down the definitions of the two, maybe you'll understand the difference, a consultant tells companies what they should be doing to expand, be profitable etc, a lobbyist tells Congress how to vote.

Notice the difference? I even bolded them so even you can understand. THEY ARENT CLOSE TO THE SAME, even if your own messed up reality world believes they are.
You're trying to sell this manure to the wrong farmer, buddy. I've actually worked in the world of trade groups and PACs, so your attempt to make these sorts of distinctions here are seen for what they are: a refusal to admit the obvious.

Consultants are hired for one of two reasons (and sometimes both): they're hired for what they know and whom they know. I find it hard to believe that Newt was hired for his specialized knowledge of the housing market. That just doesn't pass the skid marks in the underwear test.

Newt was hired not for what he knows about finance, but for what he knows about getting bills through Congress. He was hired for getting people together and making deals.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:19 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Huntsman......laughable. But I see where you libs love him, and would love to see him in the WH. He's a liberal, straight up.
He successfully governed one of the most conservative states in the country and did so in a fiscally conservative manner. True, on social issues he is more liberal, but definitely not on fiscal issues. Do you have any idea what he accomplished in Utah? If you don't know, I'll be happy to educate you.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Harry Reid is the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Source

There's a big difference between $300K and between $1.6 million and $1.8 million.
Listen, when Harry Reid started out, he just made a small attorney's living, now he is worth MILLIONS! When he was ASKED, how did that happen, he got really mad at the question, but he DID NOT ANSWER IT.

I have no problem with Newt. If you are upset with Newt, then you have to be upset at Harry Reid, and almost EVERYONE IN CONGRESS. You can't single out one person, when hundreds are doing the SAME THING in government.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:30 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Listen, when Harry Reid started out, he just made a small attorney's living, now he is worth MILLIONS! When he was ASKED, how did that happen, he got really mad at the question, but he DID NOT ANSWER IT.

I have no problem with Newt. If you are upset with Newt, then you have to be upset at Harry Reid, and almost EVERYONE IN CONGRESS. You can't single out one person, when hundreds are doing the SAME THING in government.
Except that Harry Reid is actually still in congress, and he's not hypocritically trying to win popularity with the American people by piling on an organization that he takes money from.

More than that, think about what this says of Newt's loyalty. He takes money from an organization, and then goes out and tries to smear its name and anyone associated with it. Christ, that's almost like....leaving a wife when she gets diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Newt: not right for American homeowners; not right for his spouses; not right for America.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Except that Harry Reid is actually still in congress, and he's not hypocritically trying to win popularity with the American people by piling on an organization that he takes money from.

More than that, think about what this says of Newt's loyalty. He takes money from an organization, and then goes out and tries to smear its name and anyone associated with it. Christ, that's almost like....leaving a wife when she gets diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Newt: not right for American homeowners; not right for his spouses; not right for America.
My, my, my, wrong again, THERE WAS NO CANCER, She had benign tumor that was removed. (I can't spell check on here, but I will learn in time.)
Liberals love repeating the wrong information, over and over and over and over! Liberals are never interested in actual FACTS or logic.

GINGRinCH'S DAUGHTER'S ACCOUNT;
My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a “Miracle Mom,” as I titled her in a column this week.
As for my parents’ divorce, I can remember when they told me.
It was the spring of 1980.
I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.
Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.
Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.
It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:
My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.
Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.
She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.
The tumor was benign.
As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Yet, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were continually reelected with far closer ties to the financial meltdown than Newt could ever dream of having. So, what's your point again?
Their not running for President.

I've never been a fan of Newt, regardless of who he has worked with,
after his shenanigans gave Gingrich no choice but to step down as Speaker.
I didn't like him back in the '90's, and I don't like him now.
Sure - he comes off with a smart quip once in a while at the debates....but he's a fake and a con in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections