Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
It is astonishing how this man is even running for the presidency. The more he speaks the more he proves himself to be a nothing but a joke and not in any life time would be ready to be the President. Brains really do matter when you want to lead our country Mr. Cain.
That people like him or Gingrich or Perry or even Donald Trump were at one point even halfway considered viable candidates speaks to a couple related issues. One is that the presidency has become an increasingly crappy job that requires way too much personal compromise for relatively little payoff, which pretty much means it only attracts individuals megalomaniacal enough to go through the process in the first place. The sane power-seekers go through congress if their vanity compels them to hold elected office, or more liikely they turn to the private sector, which collectively pulls the strings more than any one party or political organization.

Second, what modern conservatism in America has become, in large part because liberalism as a moderating force against state capitalism is for all intents and purposes dead, is essentially a weird cult that mixes the most ruthless form of robber baron economic policy with flat-earth magical thinking that even illiterate medieval mud farmers would find outlandish and silly predicated upon a religious movement which itself is little more than a series of increasingly theatrical professions of belief as opposed to any coherent theological construct.

When politics becomes a joke only jokes will become politicians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Why is stupidity and ignorance so appealing to the righties?

That is a status quo, problem. Not exclusive to one party in particular.

The political machine and the media as their propaganda mouthpiece.

Ron Paul gets silenced.... Wonder why?

Last edited by BentBow; 11-18-2011 at 10:30 PM..

Old 11-19-2011, 08:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Is this guy for real?

Cain Says 'We Need a Leader, Not a Reader' - NYTimes.com

Hell, even Bush could read (his favorite book was "My Pet Goat").

Why is stupidity and ignorance so appealing to the righties?

Can I please see a show of hands of posters here who are still supporting this moron?
You are not a Republican so why do you care who is and is not supporting him? And how do I know this? All anyone has to do is read your stupid comments about righties!!!!
Nita

Old 11-19-2011, 09:24 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Cain is no leader. He is a liar and a creep who harasses women to make himself feel more important. Fortunately he has virtually no chance of getting the nomination and absolutely no chance of becoming President.

Romney will almost certainly win the nomination. He is no leader either - just a spoiled rich kid and a tool of the corporations.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:50 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are not a Republican so why do you care who is and is not supporting him?
Nita
Because I am in awe at the train wreck of presidential candidates you "righties" are putting out there. It really is like a train wreck, you know - you can't help but watch.

Quote:
And how do I know this? All anyone has to do is read your stupid comments about righties!!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 02:56 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
I'm with Cinebar. Nita, wouldn't you be just a "little" concerned if Democrats were currently fighting over who we were going to nominate for president ...Pauley Shore or Carrot Top? It's unbelievable to me that a major political party could be seriously orchestrating this clown show.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,192,538 times
Quote:
You are not a Republican so why do you care who is and is not supporting him? And how do I know this? All anyone has to do is read your stupid comments about righties!!!!
Nita
He's not running for class president of Republican High School, he's running for president of the United States so the rest of us get to have our say about the guy.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,461 times
Quote:
Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
He's not running for class president of Republican High School, he's running for president of the United States so the rest of us get to have our say about the guy.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:58 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,170 times
Quote:
Because I am in awe at the train wreck of presidential candidates you "righties" are putting out there. It really is like a train wreck, you know - you can't help but watch.

Well, it's a good thing they aren't playing to your base then. After the mess we got into in '08 the farther the R candidates can distance themselves from that the better. How much corruption can we have in one administration? As you stated, I too, am in awe.

Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,339 times
"We need a leader, not a reader."

The irony of this is, I am pretty sure he got into the race for the sole purpose of selling his book! I think he was just as surprised by his sudden rise to the top of the polls as everybody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections