Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 11:53 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think of most of them as pot smokers whose only real wish is to have pot and all other drugs legal so they can pick some up more easily like at the corner store or gas station.

For most libertarians it seems all about easy drugs, not about ending all welfare, Medicaid, etc.
You are so far off base here I think you are actually on a football field...you might want to talk to some more Libertarians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 12:14 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,344 times
Quote:
I think of most of them as pot smokers whose only real wish is to have pot and all other drugs legal so they can pick some up more easily like at the corner store or gas station.

For most libertarians it seems all about easy drugs, not about ending all welfare, Medicaid, etc.
We have a bigger problem with "easy drugs", when you consider the pill merchants, doctors who continue to write prescriptions for oxycodone and hydrocodone.
These drugs are endorsed by the government and more people are dying from them, than from pot. The laxity on the part of our government to diligently monitor
the dispensing of these controlled substances has created an even bigger problem than marijuana, out here on Long Island, those deaths attributed to oxy and
hydro (and I don't mean hydroponic), has eclipsed the number of heroin deaths, including those four tragic deaths out in Medford, innocents who died at the hand
of some crazed addict, a pill abuser who had already been given prescriptions for over 11,000 pills, over a four year span.

Ron Paul is all about cleaning up government, a growing mass of legislators who seem to be running America into the ground. Ron wants to loosen the federal
government's grip on pot, because our political leaders have gone crazy with their drug war, school children are dying in the crossfires of drug dealers who move a
natural substance through underground networks, because of the profit in providing pot to the people, and pot is a common weed that has great monetary value,
ONLY because our leaders have put that profit in place, through their campaign to keep it from the people. I'd also imagine that if our enlightened body of legislators
could understand, that by utilizing all of the capital and resources that are dumped into this failed and foolish drug war, we'd have all of the funding necessary to pay
for the medicaid, welfare and every other social program that serves us 99 percenters, as well as our government serves that pampered mob, up there on Capitol Hill.

Are you so deep into the forest that you cannot see the trees?

Old 11-19-2011, 12:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:

You know...you may have broken the code. The paul zealots (I don't think emilybh on here is all that BAD, nor pollyrobin) are very pushy, rude, and actually...a lil kooky. Not well rounded...in a rational, stable sort of way.

Yeah, mal...you might know somethin....

Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 PM
pth

274 posts, read 459,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You know...you may have broken the code. The paul zealots (I don't think emilybh on here is all that BAD, nor pollyrobin) are very pushy, rude, and actually...a lil kooky. Not well rounded...in a rational, stable sort of way.

holy hell your shtick gets SO OLD

Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Has your friend not seen Family Guy? That show proves that it's still possible to have a show with a strong father figure and united family.
Or Squidbillies? That show proves that well adjusted children can and DO come from single parent homes and especially if the extended family is involved to help nuture the child (Rusty).

As for the OP...most Paul fans seem to be just like everyone else....Cheering for their team.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Originally Posted by quality guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pth View Post
holy hell your shtick gets SO OLD
As I was sayin...

Old 11-19-2011, 12:31 PM
pth

274 posts, read 459,444 times
Quote:

As I was sayin...

Actually it doesnt have to do with ron paul at all, it literally just pertains to your online persona.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:42 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:

As I was sayin...
I've never really saw the Paul crowd as much that way as I have the average Palin/neoCON/Tb'er type cheerleaders...I don't think Paul has a snowballs chance in hell of getting elected POTUS ever and if he DID by some weird miracle get elected,he would never get any of his ideas passed anyway...kind of a moot point discussing really if you think about it.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,627 times
Quote:

I am a Ron Paul supporter and I've never used illegal narcotics.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:06 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Has your friend not seen Family Guy? That show proves that it's still possible to have a show with a strong father figure and united family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
doesnt own a tv.

i always forget that and ask him if he watched this or that, just because i cant get over the fact he doesnt have a tv.
LOL ... Over the head and under the feet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections