Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times

Advertisements

You can't judge a presidency until after he has left office and in my opinion until after everyone alive during his presidency is no longer living. That would take all the BIAS out of the equation. When Lincoln was presiding and even as long as 50 years after his death, he was easily rated among the WORST presidents ever.. It's amazing what a little time and reflection can do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Many of the problems were actually in the loans that Fannie and Freddie had little involvement with. The stated income asset stuff, no income documentation, and the best of the bunch the option arm neg am loans. For the most part these were not loans backed or insured by Freddie/ Fannie or any government program, Just pure greed loans given out by the banks with little or no care or regulation.
Loans the the banks were forced to give, to people that could not afford them, by the Community Redevelopment Act. All the banks did was find a way to get these bad loans off their balance sheets.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM

458 posts, read 776,969 times
In my lifetime, I still say Carter was the worst for the first three years of his term. I only say Obama is the 2nd worst because he does have a couple of foreign policy achievements. Without that hands down the worst.

On top of that you keep hearing these stories of how BHO is isolated in the White House. Works short days, totally out of touch.

Chris Matthews Rips Obama:

Breitbart.tv » Thrill Is Gone? Matthews Turns On Obama; ‘I Hear Stories That You Would Not Believe’

Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
He has increased or National debt by a record $5 trillion in three years. This with a major war in Iraq winding down. Unemployment has increased from 6.5% when he was elected to 9.1%. He has overseen worse racial strife and has been less transparent in contrast to what he promised in his campaign. Even democrats have to be unhappy that his failed policies have cost the party the house and soon will cost them the senate and the presidency.
It is too soon to tell if he is the worst, but he certianly won't go down as the best, that is for certain.

Nita

Old 11-21-2011, 12:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
You can't judge a presidency until after he has left office and in my opinion until after everyone alive during his presidency is no longer living. That would take all the BIAS out of the equation. When Lincoln was presiding and even as long as 50 years after his death, he was easily rated among the WORST presidents ever.. It's amazing what a little time and reflection can do..

While I agree that looking back sometimes changes the perception of a president and how really good or bad they were, why would they have to be dead? Is it because more of the truth about them will come out once they are gone or people would be willing to be more forthcoming about their presidency?

Old 11-21-2011, 01:06 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
I guess you could say that Obama is the worst President in US history, by way of keeping the same policies in tact of Unconstitutional Wars, Corporations and Lobbyists infiltrating Congress, a corrupt and dysfunctional Federal Reserve and an ever growing and freedom infringing Federal Government, that had all been celebrated and enacted by the ACTUAL worst President in United States history, George W. Bush.

But that would be a weird way of looking at it.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:21 PM

993 posts, read 832,113 times
Obama will no doubt go down in history as one of the worst presidents ever. On Obama's best day he is worse than Jimmy Carter on his worst day.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
^^this.

Same with Truman. We was widely despised in his time, but now is well regarded. I think history will find Clinton, W Bush, and Obama as much more alike than different even though we can't see it now.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:38 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Um. You guys can't be serious James Buchanan is the Worst President in the History of the United States. This is not even an arguable fact.

/thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:13 PM

400 posts, read 294,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Um. You guys can't be serious James Buchanan is the Worst President in the History of the United States. This is not even an arguable fact.

/thread
Sure it is. Subjective assessments of performance are inherently arguable. Even professional historians widely disagree-- though a comprehensive aggregate complilation of surveys shows Harding last, ahead (or is that behind?) Buchanan:
Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections