Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:02 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,415,364 times

Advertisements

Let's go Newt! Give Barry the boot!

Newt To Obama: Let's Debate, You Can Use Your Teleprompter | RealClearPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 12:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Just want you to consider these points:
The truth is simple. This very fact about Gingrich being a 'good debater' is so revealing of our 'sick' society. Everything is in terms of a sporting event....who can beat who in a public contest. The most dispicable people usually 'win' the ''I'm better than you, cause I can beat you up contest.''

Look at recent examples of that reality. Penn State (former) Head football coach, Joe Paterno, and his football factory were known for over 40 years...being on top, the elite..the 'best.' But now, it appears the best...were also the Corrupt.

Our society is brainwashed to run to, and support the superior looking 'tough guys'...who actually have little, or NO character nor integrity or morals. And sadly, that's what we've been getting in out politicians these last 20 or more years. - Just examine the record!

LauraC is wisely Correct. We need a geniune, honest, dedicated man or woman...who cares about the condition of their country..who seriously will work to rebuild and restore the quality back to her!!

Not some so-called 'skilled winner'

Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Okay, who the heck do you want to win? You have to elect someone that can actually win or you should just vote for Obama again. That would be a freaking nightmare having 8 years of Jimmy Carter... I'd rather get 70-80% of what I want then to fly my flag over a cliff.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:21 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,259,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
they endorsed mccain in the last election.

enough said.
And endorsed DuPont in 1988, Forbes in 2000, and Buchanan in 1992 and 1996.

Seriously, though, does the average voter, especially today with the age of the internet and 24 hour news cycle, really care much who a local newspaper endorses? How many voters' minds are changed because this newsppaer wil now run pro-Gingrich stories non-stop?

Personally, I still think Romney can and likely will win NH, especially if he comes in second in Iowa behind a Bachmann or Cain or Perry. If Gingrich wins Iowa, then maybe NH gets more competitive, or maybe, like they did to Obama in the 2008 Democratic primary, they vote with whom they feel the most comfortable.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post

Seriously, though, does the average voter, especially today with the age of the internet and 24 hour news cycle, really care much who a local newspaper endorses? How many voters' minds are changed because this newsppaer wil now run pro-Gingrich stories non-stop?

Personally, I still think Romney can and likely will win NH, especially if he comes in second in Iowa behind a Bachmann or Cain or Perry. If Gingrich wins Iowa, then maybe NH gets more competitive, or maybe, like they did to Obama in the 2008 Democratic primary, they vote with whom they feel the most comfortable.
Have you heard about the big 'STOP Romney' movement by Iowa GOP powerbrokers?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post

my point i guess is the same as yours.

a newspaper endorsement means nothing in an election, and their endorsement didn't help mccain.

i notice that you ignore ron paul's chances in your post, who consistently polls higher than some of your names listed.

this might be an interesting republican primary.

i know i am going to vote.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
my point i guess is the same as yours.

a newspaper endorsement means nothing in an election, and their endorsement didn't help mccain.

i notice that you ignore ron paul's chances in your post, who consistently polls higher than some of your names listed.

this might be an interesting republican primary.

i know i am going to vote.
AS I have mentioned, like you, endorsements don't mean a lot but they certainly do not hurt. As for Paul, he isn't going to win in NH either or it is very unlikely...

Nita

Old 11-27-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
AS I have mentioned, like you, endorsements don't mean a lot but they certainly do not hurt. As for Paul, he isn't going to win in NH either or it is very unlikely...

Nita
You're safe. Paul is not even on the radar screen...ANYWHERE!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:57 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
We should each be honest, Most voters rather endure four additional years of Obama over punching a ticket for newt. He will continue to scatter( better yet Devastate) the Social state of mind within our Great States. Take a stroll down memory lane let's say to 1998-1999, Better yet Kennesaw State. Let us retrace Newt's foot prints before handing over that endorsement.
so ya think most voters would endure 4 more years: well, let's see who gets the Republican nomination before we start counting our chickens. BTW: the endorsement has been made, too late for your advise. I am sure the paper would have paid close attention to you.

NIta

Old 11-27-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay, who the heck do you want to win? You have to elect someone that can actually win or you should just vote for Obama again. That would be a freaking nightmare having 8 years of Jimmy Carter... I'd rather get 70-80% of what I want then to fly my flag over a cliff.
Oh, I don't know...maybe your dog, Buster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections