Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That's what makes this "Ohhh....so sweet". LMAO
So, do you 2 ladies hate Christianity...and Christians? Hope you remember this, not all that many who say they're a Christian...especially if they are politicians....actually truly are! (Of course, that is my opinion, and I cannot 'judge' anyone) As you both know, I have liked both your input on this forum...just hope you will have an 'Open' unBiased attitude (mind) and don't judge ''All'' folks harshly...because of some who who don't impress you...as being real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 05:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
So, do you 2 ladies hate Christianity...and Christians? Hope you remember this, not all that many who say they're a Christian...especially if they are politicians....actually truly are! (Of course, that is my opinion, and I cannot 'judge' anyone) As you both know, I have liked both your input on this forum...just hope you will have an 'Open' unBiased attitude (mind) and don't judge ''All'' folks harshly...because of some who who don't impress you...as being real.
Because quality guy, the "Moral Majority", the Evangelicals, the Republican Christian right are all so fond of pointing their fingers at others and trying to legislate morality that they, themselves, don't even follow......it is especially satisfying to see them get caught in their own "web". LOL

And you must admit, Christians in all walks of life tend to do the same. Despite their teachings.....they just love to judge others.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:50 PM

158 posts, read 244,578 times
Herman Cain for "pimp" of the year. bwaaaahahahahahahaha!
laughing really loud

Old 11-29-2011, 05:54 PM

458 posts, read 777,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icartp View Post
Herman Cain for "pimp" of the year. bwaaaahahahahahahaha!
laughing really loud
So when the left says really racist things, that's OK?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Businessman Herman Cain told senior members of his campaign on a conference call this morning that he is reassessing whether or not to remain in the Republican presidential race.

“It’s a reassessment of where we stand and the road ahead, similar to other times in the campaign’s history,†wrote Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon in an email to the Fix. Gordon said that Cain will deliver his planned national security speech later this week in Michigan.
“He is not thinking of dropping out of the race,†Gordon added. “He is simply reassessing the state of the campaign. We intend to be full speed ahead.â€
One adviser said that Cain will ponder his prospects over the the next few days and will make a decision by the end of the week.

Herman Cain re-assessing presidential candidacy - The Washington Post
I really feel bad for him even though I am not a Cain supporter. I think his campaign went much further than he ever dreamed and now he is in over his head plus the allegations against him have taken a toll. Do I believe all this crap? No, and I think it is deplorable if it isn't true, but enough has been said and he has made enough mistakes in the past few weeks to end any chance he had of going any further.

Nita

Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So whom are all the Cainites going to move toward? Perry?
Some have said it will be split between Newt, Romney and Bachmann, I am guessing it is more likely to be split between Newt and Perry (at least most of it)

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yep.....carrying out the GOP tradition started by Sarah Palin. LOL
and what does that mean? YOu know we can all have our favorites or we can dislike candidates, but what is the point of making comments that mean nothing and add nothing?

As for the moral majority and the Christian right, Cane didn't fit into this at any point, he didn't claim to be part of it and the "moral Majority" in case you didn't know, was part of the Jerry Falwell camp 30 years ago...?? I think you need to re-think your comments.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:22 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really feel bad for him even though I am not a Cain supporter. I think his campaign went much further than he ever dreamed and now he is in over his head plus the allegations against him have taken a toll. Do I believe all this crap? No, and I think it is deplorable if it isn't true, but enough has been said and he has made enough mistakes in the past few weeks to end any chance he had of going any further.

Nita

Well, I certainly didn't want to believe any of it. Now, it is not looking good. If it went on for 13 years, there is a paper trail and he knows it. I do have an issue with the double standard that is going on in the media. Why is Herman Cain being villified and Newt Gingrich gets a pass. This was an affair...one affair, Gingrich has mutiple affairs and marriages and such. If it's wrong, it's wrong for both. Herman Cain is actually even more likeable.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and what does that mean? YOu know we can all have our favorites or we can dislike candidates, but what is the point of making comments that mean nothing and add nothing?

As for the moral majority and the Christian right, Cane didn't fit into this at any point, he didn't claim to be part of it and the "moral Majority" in case you didn't know, was part of the Jerry Falwell camp 30 years ago...?? I think you need to re-think your comments.
Not a bad assessment, nita....

Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
That's code for "I'm gettin' out!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections