Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

I will vote for any scallywag, joker or clown rather than do another four dismal years of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The ASSUMPTION that because someone that is a Moderate or Liberal does not agree 100% with the President will vote for one of the clowns representing the GOP field is ludicrous. 100% support or your outa here is a right-wing line of thought, it does not apply to Moderates or Liberals, they can still see that not all alternatives are an improvement so will not support them.
This is something that many on the right cannot seem to comprehend. Do I agree with everything Obama has done so far? No. But I don't expect to agree 100% with anyone. Is he still a better choice than anyone coming out of the clown car on the right? Hell, yes. Thinking that because Democrats haven't gotten everything they want means they're going to suddenly defect to the other side is merely wishful thinking on the part of the right.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I will vote for any scallywag, joker or clown
Sounds like you will be voting republican.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Well, from my personal experiences I have come across many former Obama supporters that are now supporting Ron Paul (myself included).
Since Ron Paul will not get the Republican nomination, that can hardly matter.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I knew the liberal crowd would not touch this ... They cant attack the truth ...

Hmmm...

What Liberal Revolt? - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Old 12-06-2011, 05:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Since Ron Paul will not get the Republican nomination, that can hardly matter.
Paul could very well run as a third party candidate.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 PM

773 posts, read 503,798 times
Quote:
The ASSUMPTION that because someone that is a Moderate or Liberal does not agree 100% with the President will vote for one of the clowns representing the GOP field is ludicrous. 100% support or your outa here is a right-wing line of thought, it does not apply to Moderates or Liberals, they can still see that not all alternatives are an improvement so will not support them. I do not know ONE Independent or Demo that has said they would vote for any of the GOP Wannabes, I have asked, so maybe there will be a few across the Nation, just as there will be some Repubs that will do the same the other way around. If you actually believe the title of this thread you need to backoff the propaganda sites for a while, it is clouding your objectivity.
Obama Motivates Supporters, Opponents in Early 2012 Matchups | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

"Fully 54% of independent voters say that in an Obama-Romney matchup they would vote for Romney or lean toward Romney. Fewer independents (41%) say they would vote for Obama"

Sounds like you don't know many independents.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think this is a fair assesment. Some who voted for Obama in 08 may vote for Paul or Huntsman, but not any of the other GOP candidates. The worst thing for Obama would be if people just don't come out and vote for anyone, which is a possibility. I don't think you have people switching over to vote for a Republican Clown; however, they just may not vote at all.

However, the article is simply false as to Obama loosing his base. His base has not left. The only issue will be with independents and if the Republicans put up a loser candidate, which is the case at this point.
So it is wrong to vote for a republican clown, but it is right to vote for a democrat clown (Obama)? Hey, if you don't feel the republican candidates are good, then that is fine. But Obama is doing horrible as well, so you should not vote for him either. Believe it or not, Obama deserves blame for this mess as well.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Obama Motivates Supporters, Opponents in Early 2012 Matchups | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

"Fully 54% of independent voters say that in an Obama-Romney matchup they would vote for Romney or lean toward Romney. Fewer independents (41%) say they would vote for Obama"

Sounds like you don't know many independents.
A Pew report a YEAR in advance and you want to base your prediction on that, yeah sure, go for it.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
A Pew report a YEAR in advance and you want to base your prediction on that, yeah sure, go for it.
You said you did not know any independents who would vote for the republican candidate. I posted a recent survey showing you that many more independents would vote for the republican than they would for Obama. What else do you want?

I don't have a crystal ball for one year from now. Neither do you. For the record, I think Obama will win. It's too hard to beat an incumbent POTUS, especially one that the LSM pimps. That and the democrat party is far superior at fear mongering and offering up freebies to people. People like getting free stuff and will vote for people who will give it to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections