Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 10:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You really believe this? Gingrich does "ok" at the debates. He has not scored a knockout punch at any of them. What makes you think Obama is concerned with debating him. Just because he can remeber three items at the same time does not make him a genius. Gingrich's debating skills are similar to Cheney's. He doesn't get rattled, and he has the ability to say outrageous things with a straight face. On other hand, his extremely dislikable personality shines through.
opinion is all we have, you have yours, I have mine, but I will add, most of the media, regardess of what you are reading or watching other than maybe MSNBC would agree on his debating ability.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 10:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Seriously? You really think the GOP did everything they can in favor of bipartisanship in the past year?
Did I ever say "everything"?

Nita

Old 12-13-2011, 10:53 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,696,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Did I ever say "everything"?

Nita
You know, you are absolutely right. The GOP did nothing to help get this country back on track.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:02 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Dr. Newton Gringrich has a better grasp of world history and the issues than Obama the Harvard lawyer that never had a paying client or was able to get a job with a real employer.

Obama graduated Magnum *** laude from Harvard Law.
He did work for an acutal Law Firm, thats how he met his wife.
She was a lawyer as well,and he was a consitutionsal Law Professor,at the University of Chicago.

and like I said Obama has debated Paul Ryan and Tom Coburn
two intellectual power houses, for 7 hours straight along with other
member of the republican house and senate on live TV.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:38 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
...he's a good debater but then Barack Obama decides not to debate.
I doubt Obama will miss the opportunity to debate with ANY of the jokers leading the republican race.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Obama graduated Magnum *** laude from Harvard Law.
He did work for an acutal Law Firm, thats how he met his wife.
She was a lawyer as well,and he was a consitutionsal Law Professor,at the University of Chicago.

and like I said Obama has debated Paul Ryan and Tom Coburn
two intellectual power houses, for 7 hours straight along with other
member of the republican house and senate on live TV.
But, but, but....Obama can only talk on TV if he has a teleprompter!

Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,145 times
Quote:

Seriously, you have to consider it.

If I was Obama, I wouldn't debate. He's the sitting President. Why should he debate when all he'd do is play defense all night long? In 2008, there was no incumbent so a debate was a natural thing. But Obama doesn't have to debate if he doesn't want to. The debate would be all about a criticism of him and what he's done for the last 3.5 years. No matter who his opponent is in a debate, he can't win. Remember the movie "War Games" with a young Matthew Broderick and the computer and the tic tac toe game where the computer learned the only strategy was not to play? If I was Obama, that would be my strategy, too. No debates.
If Obama didn't debate, he would have learned this from Rick Perry.

I assure you had he debated Bill White, the election would have been much closer.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
C'mon, some of you Republicans need to stop beating around the bush and just say it: you don't like any GOP candidates running in the field. With Huntsman and Paul being put aside because they are willing to go against the grain the far right wingnut politics, you guys might as well go "eeny meeny miney mo."

Obama has been a horrible president, but he looks well qualified compared to the hypocrites the GOP base is supporting.

Seriously, you guys are laughable. Romney??? Gingrich??? Perry??? Bachmann??? This is the sorriest GOP field I have ever seen and my conservative friends say the same thing.
I suspect that if you actually do have any GOP friends, they just say what they think you want to hear because they know discussing politics in a serious fashion with you is pointless. You're an Obamalemming, and there's no sense in arguing with one.

And yeah, Obama has been a horrible president. If you really believed that, you'd stop campaigning for him.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,385 times
Huntsman & Gingrich Debate Nat'l Security Issues | C-SPAN

^this is a link to a Gingrich - huntsman debate. it is about 2 hours long.

i watched most of this yesterday. gingrich sounds like he knows what he's talking about, with certain issues. he might make a good VP to somebody. it's a shame his economic policy is so awful.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:49 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,693 times
Default Let's Say You Vote For Gingrich Because...

Quote:

Seriously, you have to consider it.

If I was Obama, I wouldn't debate. He's the sitting President. Why should he debate when all he'd do is play defense all night long? In 2008, there was no incumbent so a debate was a natural thing. But Obama doesn't have to debate if he doesn't want to. The debate would be all about a criticism of him and what he's done for the last 3.5 years. No matter who his opponent is in a debate, he can't win. Remember the movie "War Games" with a young Matthew Broderick and the computer and the tic tac toe game where the computer learned the only strategy was not to play? If I was Obama, that would be my strategy, too. No debates.

Whoa, baby!

I know that Obamaphobes like to fantasize with all kinds of scenarios to make their psychic pain a little less intense.

But let's say you can't vote for Gingrich for any reason because he's not the nominee.

Regardless which clown the Pubs unhappily settle on, Obama will gladly meet him at high noon in public for a verbal showdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections