U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,828,574 times
Reputation: 2519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
Folks can check my post history if they question.

My main point is that it doesn't matter what he personally feels on these issues because he doesn't think it's any business of the government!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
OK, guys, we don't want Paul supporters fighting amongst themselves. United we stand, divided we fall.
The beauty of Paul as a candidate, and rather I say, a libertarian point of view, is that he does represent the
philosophy that the federal government has no business/right on certain issues e.g. marriage (gay or otherwise) drug usage (prohibition of marijuana), non declared wars (Presidential wars), violation of property rights (Patriot act) and the list goes on.

Ron Paul is not a "racist".
Frankly IMO, folks throw that
word around too loosely today, without any idea of what it
really means.


Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together (1972) - YouTube

It would be silly for anyone to think we will/could agree
on everything, but ^^^ is enough for me.

We all agree on this: protection of that thing we call liberty Of course, liberty means different things to different folks

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,251,709 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The beauty of Paul as a candidate, and rather I say, a libertarian point of view, is that he does represent the
philosophy that the federal government has no business/right on certain issues e.g. marriage (gay or otherwise) drug usage (prohibition of marijuana), non declared wars (Presidential wars), violation of property rights (Patriot act) and the list goes on.

Ron Paul is not a "racist".
Frankly IMO, folks throw that
word around too loosely today, without any idea of what it
really means.


Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together (1972) - YouTube

It would be silly for anyone to think we will/could agree
on everything, but ^^^ is enough for me.

We all agree on this: protection of that thing we call liberty Of course, liberty means different things to different folks

Peace

So, were you still 'loving my argument' this morning...before it was deleted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 02:38 PM
 
5,329 posts, read 6,119,899 times
Reputation: 2619
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceInOurTime View Post
If you want a holiday, you should ask your employer. You don't need the congress to vote, without support in the constitution, in order to take a day off. It's not in their job description to do such things.
So you're saying Ron Paul objected to a MLK Day holiday due to what you claim in bold?

Article 1, Section 8: To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces.

...To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Are you claiming that the Legislative Branch does not have constitutional authority to determine the working calendar of the US Government? Then who does? Remember, they are merely creating a Federal holiday, they aren't dictating that every business in the USA has to observe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
 
9,897 posts, read 6,828,574 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
So, were you still 'loving my argument' this morning...before it was deleted?
Aw Shucks, I missed it...

I know I'm not suppose to feed the monster, but you
play the role of devil's advocate so well...

Needless to say - your arguments just validate Paul's philosophy even more. Thanks in advance

"First they ignore you, then they mock you, then they fight you, then you win." M. Gandhi

US election 2012: Ron Paul joins the frontrunners in Iowa - Telegraph

"His fellow candidates regard him as a crank and the Republican establishment has long regarded his anti-war tirades as bizarre and derided his following as cult-like.

But Ron Paul, the septuagenarian Texas congressman who ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988, is hoping to have the last laugh as he plots what polls indicate could be a surprise victory in the Iowa caucuses on January 3."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,251,709 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

But Ron Paul, the septuagenarian Texas congressman who ran for president as a Libertarian in 1988, is hoping to have the last laugh as he plots what polls indicate could be a surprise victory in the Iowa caucuses on January 3."
''hoping''...lol glad you still have the brain cells left...to clarify! I TRULY LIKE YOU, polly. But I cling to 'hope' for you to come to the 'knowledge' of your error! Sincerely -~~~ MERRY CHRISTMAS ~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Back and Forth FRANCE
2,716 posts, read 2,607,192 times
Reputation: 1476
you mean Ron Paul isn't god?

Last edited by Jermaine88; 12-19-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,146 posts, read 33,571,533 times
Reputation: 14138
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
So, were you still 'loving my argument' this morning...before it was deleted?

Why was it deleted?
Couldn't have been trolling could it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
 
51 posts, read 38,268 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So you're saying Ron Paul objected to a MLK Day holiday due to what you claim in bold?
Yes. He didn't vote against it for any other reason. He never voted for any other holidays too.

Federally dictated "holidays" were grossly abused during the great depression after 1929, in the shape of "bank holidays" which made it impossible for people to withdraw their own cash from their own bank accounts. Because every day was suddenly a Sunday. Pulling the names of great individuals like Martin Luther King in the dirt for such sinister purposes, is plain... well BAD!

He said something to the effect "I have a dream".
Not: "The congress has a holiday".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 04:42 PM
 
671 posts, read 595,483 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post

My main point is that it doesn't matter what he personally feels on these issues because he doesn't think it's any business of the government!
Absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,146 posts, read 33,571,533 times
Reputation: 14138


Dang, Glenn Beck had more there on his day of prayer.

Just say'n
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top