Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Volley....why did Obama get all those waivers to allow lobbyists to work under him ? He wanted to get rid of lobbyists yet employed them directly under him. Did he think no lobbyists didn't apply to him ?
My question was about Ron Paul. Why don't you address that? Refer to post #23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 09:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Must be painful to be shunned by the private industry that Ron Paul supports.
Ron Paul voted NO for TARP or didn't you know that ?
Obama voted YES for TARP or didn't you remember that ?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
There is plenty I disagree with Paul about but the status quo (Romney/Obama) is destroying this country. At least one thing I know Paul will actually try and do something about the economy, our monetary policy and spending and he will follow the Constitution. In this day and age of greed ridden lunatics milking the wealth from the US that is plenty for me. We can deal with the lunatic stuff like some of his foreign policy ideas as they come.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My question was about Ron Paul. Why don't you address that? Refer to post #23
Hypocrisy is ignoring when your guy does it and slanders the other guy for doing it.

Deflection because you don't like what is being said about your guy.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Not to say that I don't agree with anything RP says. I agree with him on foreign issues as well s the war on drugs, but his views are very radical when it comes to economics and social security. It's like he wants to take this country back to the 19th century.

What baffles me is that many people are blind, and think he can implement all the things he stands for. He will have to be a dictator to end the agencies of government in which he despises. There is no way he can get his agenda passed by congress. It's also hypocritical on his part since he's such a constitutionalist.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Not to say that I don't agree with anything RP says. I agree with him on foreign issues as well s the war on drugs, but his views are very radical when it comes to economics and social security. It's like he wants to take this country back to the 19th century.

What baffles me is that many people are blind, and think he can implement all the things he stands for. He will have to be a dictator to end the agencies of government in which he despises. There is no way he can get his agenda passed by congress. It's also hypocritical on his part since he's such a constitutionalist.
Yeah..just a piece of paper, ignored by Bush and now Obama and if that continues with each succeeding President we'll end up with our dictatorship by sheer apathy.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
And there you have the difference..blind partisianship.
So it's OK for one side but not the other ????

No the Dems considered Obama the second coming.

Ron Paul's voting record speaks volumes as does Obama's when he was in Congress.
Documentation for the above statement in bold please.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:57 AM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Ron Paul has my full support by virtue of being complete against the grain compared to the normal nonsense in Washington. He kinda reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt and his rugged independence. If Ron Paul accomplishes anything, I believe it would restore some respect for our Democratic Republic and our floundering political system, both here and abroad. We've simply elected too many losers up to this point, who talk the talk and that's it. It's time for something truly different. Ron Paul's weakness may in fact be his greatest strength... He's quite far on the fringe.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I agree, but Ron Paulians take it a step further. His supporters see him as their last hope for the universe.

I hear this from people as well. Paulites are always asking "Why can't you see what Ron Paul represents" type questions. As if I am some heathen from the bowels of hell because I cannot accept the anointing of Paul as thje choosen one.

And why is everyone who questions Paul a democrat? Aren't there republickians asking the same questions? There must be, otherwise the messiah would be the front runner and Mitt would be sucking wind.

I do not like where the country is, where it is heading or the reasons we get here.
But I fear the mentailty of Perry (let's go back to Iraq), Gingrich (another war hawk) and Romney (talk about a cult?). I could see Huntsman in office but ALL the republickians are attacking him for going to China, adopting international children and speaking french? WTF is that all about? Obviously Hiuntsman would dismantle the entire Constitution within the first 24 hours of taking office.
But I will be at the booths in NOvember to tell the likes of Perry and Gingrich I will not allow my country and constitution to be sold out to a bunch of pharisees...that those of who Christ warned us about when He said---

And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. ---Matthew 6:5

Or can only republickians quote scripture?

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Johns 10:16

We do not have to be mindless followers of a political party or an idealology to hear his voice.

But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly. Matthew 6:6

Just because I am not seen touting the scriptures in public or agreeing with every self professed "christian" doesn't mean I am not taken seriously. Publiuc display of religion should be a RED FLAG, not a badge of honor..

Ron Paul has a following of sheeple who would just as quickly say the sky is falling if Ron Paul said so.

Ron aAul said it, make it so....NOT

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 01-14-2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Ron Paul voted NO for TARP or didn't you know that ?
Obama voted YES for TARP or didn't you remember that ?
I thought Ron Paul for for a totally unregulated private economy.

Ron Paul believes in separation of economy and state but I doubt Paul believes in separation of church and state (at least not separation of his church, Baptist, and state). This is the downfall of most fundamentalists. They only want separation of churches, other than their own, and state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections