Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,848,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So did Clinton while Presdient, under the desk, did you care about that, or did it not matter. As i understand he too got a Blow job as you put it.
President Clinton playing with a intern, real good morals he displayed as President.
Clinton didn't divorce his wife. She wasn't sick and on her deathbed either and this happened after his he had been elected, of course, but it was MAJOR news and Clinton is still hearing about it after all these years and his wife is still with him after all these years, it is not comparable to Newt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
A leader's character can be judged based on how they conduct themselves in their personal relationships. It's why nobody will ever support John Edwards. But magically, republicans have just made character and morality a non-issure..How amazing.

John Edwards is an example. I would NEVER support him with any sort of political run ever at all because of what he did to his wife and his family while his wife was ill. He is scum. I see Newt as just as scummy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 01:30 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
"My message is simple. It's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas, and start rewarding companies that create jobs right here in America. Send me these tax reforms, and I'll sign them right away."

Nice speech......if it had been from someone that just took office last week.
Hasn't this guy been president for a few years now?
Creating incentives for job creation at home is about as old school of a republican policy as it gets, and I should know--I am one. So why don't you tea partiers put your money where your mouth is, and follow through and send something like that to his desk, or is this all about hating the guy so much that you'd cut off your nose to spite your face? I'm guessing it's the latter...and that's why you're losing a whole bunch of moderate R's this round from the R party.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,976,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc
The only thing the braggart self-serving Newt nails are his mistresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Better then his boyfriend like [Barney] Frank!
Please explain why that's 'better'? Barney Frank is quite open about his relationship. Newt was cheating on his wife at the same time he was leading the march against Clinton for cheating on his wife.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,376,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
None of which Newt has.
And you see that in O? Where?

Didja notice how O made a push for more Executive power?

He wants to gain more power over the other branches, plain a simple, he even stated it.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,563,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Apparentlyyou didn't watch the speech.
I'm sure you would like to believe what you said, but obama repeated the same lies he is famous for. Eleven more months of that scum and Newt will begin the healing process....
When he loses, you can move to Cuba, since you like that kind of government...
Keep dreaming.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
And you see that in O? Where?

Didja notice how O made a push for more Executive power?

He wants to gain more power over the other branches, plain a simple, he even stated it.
Yes, Pres. Obama is far more qualified than Newt. Regarding executive power, when the Senate has failed to even consider voting on nominees, the President used his Constitution power to fill those positions through recess appointment.
More importantly, Newt's position on the issues are the same tired GOP non-solutions -- lower taxes on the rich, reduce regulations and attack labor. If Newt was president in 2008, he would have instituted austerity, that's cut economic growth in countries that have instituted it since the worldwide downturn.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,376,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, Pres. Obama is far more qualified than Newt.
Please expound on this virtue.

Quote:
Regarding executive power, when the Senate has failed to even consider voting on nominees, the President used his Constitution power to fill those positions through recess appointment.
Yeah, we notice he does it even when they are in session.

Quote:
More importantly, Newt's position on the issues are the same tired GOP non-solutions -- lower taxes on the rich, reduce regulations and attack labor. If Newt was president in 2008, he would have instituted austerity, that's cut economic growth in countries that have instituted it since the worldwide downturn.
The rich already know how to lower their taxes. Nothing illegal or immoral about it. It intelligent. I do it myself. And you can bet your sweet bippy leftists and democrats do it too!

Reducing regulations will free up the constraints of regulation. Some regulation is necessary. Over regulation chokes the economy in ways unseen until jobs are lost at the expense of regulation.

Labor......attacks? Big labor AKA unions are a double edged sword. I wonder how much a product would cost if the labor costs were fair instead of a high percentage of the cost of the product?

There is NO economic growth anywhere by increasing government spending.

And finally.....

Austerity versus spending like a madman. When you don't have the revenue, you don't keep charging the card.

What a concept.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Please expound on this virtue.

Yeah, we notice he does it even when they are in session.

The rich already know how to lower their taxes. Nothing illegal or immoral about it. It intelligent. I do it myself. And you can bet your sweet bippy leftists and democrats do it too!

Reducing regulations will free up the constraints of regulation. Some regulation is necessary. Over regulation chokes the economy in ways unseen until jobs are lost at the expense of regulation.

Labor......attacks? Big labor AKA unions are a double edged sword. I wonder how much a product would cost if the labor costs were fair instead of a high percentage of the cost of the product?

There is NO economic growth anywhere by increasing government spending.

And finally.....

Austerity versus spending like a madman. When you don't have the revenue, you don't keep charging the card.

What a concept.
I'd be delighted to expound on this virtue. For most of the nation's citizens, having a president that forms policy with their interests in mind, instead of a president that tailors policies that represents the interests of the fat-cats, is better for the nation as a whole. President Obama is the former and Newt Gingrich is the latter.

While you say, "the rich already know how to lower their taxes," that implies that the rich have some magic formula for lowering their taxes, even when the tax-code is against them. This wasn't the case historically, when rates were higher on the wealthy, the wealthy paid higher rates. How the rich learned how to lower their taxes, is by funneling millions of dollars into the campaigns of Republicans who will do their bidding. That's worked quite well. The Koch brothers have already said they will spend $200 million to defeat President Obama. They clearly doing that because they expect their candidate to support their narrow interests at the expense of the public at large.

The GOP is the party that supports wealthy interest is evident by merely casually looking at the tax policies of the GOP. They consistently favor upper-income tax-cuts and cuts on corporate taxes, even when many of the largest corporations paid no taxes. When, it came to a middle-class payroll tax-cut, that was the time they fussed. In addition, the consistently favor cuts to spending programs that favor the middle-class or poor. How anyone with any conscience can vote GOP is beyond me.

With respect to your comments on labor, there is no use having cheap Chinese products in the store at the expense of unemployed Americans who can't afford those products. Americans with decent wages, who can now afford the higher prices, is better than cheap foreign goods on the shelves with no money in American's pockets.

I also do not welcome a race to the bottom, with Americans having to compete with Chinese wages and nonexistent safety and worker protections.

Last edited by MTAtech; 01-26-2012 at 06:45 AM..

Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,595,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I'd be delighted to expound on this virtue. For most of the nation's citizens, having a president that forms policy with their interests in mind, instead of a president that tailors policies that represents the interests of the fat-cats, is better for the nation as a whole. President Obama is the former and Newt Gingrich is the latter.

While you say, "the rich already know how to lower their taxes," that implies that the rich have some magic formula for lowering their taxes, even when the tax-code is against them. This wasn't the case historically, when rates were higher on the wealthy, the wealthy paid higher rates. How the rich learned how to lower their taxes, is by funneling millions of dollars into the campaigns of Republicans who will do their bidding. That's worked quite well. The Koch brothers have already said they will spend $200 million to defeat President Obama. They clearly doing that because they expect their candidate to support their narrow interests at the expense of the public at large.

The GOP is the party that supports wealthy interest is evident by merely casually looking at the tax policies of the GOP. They consistently favor upper-income tax-cuts and cuts on corporate taxes, even when many of the largest corporations paid no taxes. When, it came to a middle-class payroll tax-cut, that was the time they fussed. In addition, the consistently favor cuts to spending programs that favor the middle-class or poor. How anyone with any conscience can vote GOP is beyond me.

With respect to your comments on labor, there is no use having cheap Chinese products in the store at the expense of unemployed Americans who can't afford those products. Americans with decent wages, who can now afford the higher prices, is better than cheap foreign goods on the shelves with no money in American's pockets.

I also do not welcome a race to the bottom, with Americans having to compete with Chinese wages and nonexistent safety and worker protections.
The words 'virtue' and 'Obama' do NOT belong in the same sentence together, ever!

The fact that anyone can attempt to support this miserable failure is beyond belief.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The words 'virtue' and 'Obama' do NOT belong in the same sentence together, ever!

The fact that anyone can attempt to support this miserable failure is beyond belief.
Thank you for providing nothing of substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections