Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

This is a perfect response to Obamas State of the Union address tonight

We have a crisis of work in this country and tonight President Obama proposed nothing in the way of policy changes that will get us to robust job creation and dramatic economic growth.

Instead, the president described his conviction that his big government is built to last and should be paid for with higher taxes.

But bigger government and higher taxes will not lead to jobs and growth. Bigger government and higher taxes will instead lead to more people on food stamps, a situation which the President and his party defend as a fair outcome.

Newt Gingrich Response to State of the Union | Newt Gingrich 2012 (http://www.newt.org/news/newt-gingrich-response-state-union - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
The President was spectacular in his performance and speech tonight. Newt can't imagine to hold a candle to how he handled himself.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President was spectacular in his performance and speech tonight. Newt can't imagine to hold a candle to how he handled himself.
I would agree with that if you are for a social state. I Newt is correct, I heard nothing about job creation but I did hear a lot about taxation and green energy none of which helps the families who are trying hard to make ends meet.

I found out today that buffet owns a rail that is capable of hauling the oil from Canada. It is certainly a viable alternative to building a pipeline that our President stopped.. Unfortunately, Warren Buffet is not going to hire thousands of people to run his railroad or maintain it while he hauls the oil to the gulf or east coast so it can be shipped to China.

It is mind numbing to watch the inability of people to realize what this President is doing to this country. Stop and think about the statement that "extending unemployment creates jobs." Tell that once again to the millions of people not able to make ends meet.

It's time.. It's time to send this guy packing. We will never find a perfect President, we will never find someone without flaws. But, we need to find someone who has experience in government, who has the back bone to work with both parties and not go lone ranger on us. Someone who has a plan to get money in folks pockets. To-date Obama, no matter how you slice the numbers has not created jobs. Add the everyone who quit working, the temporary holiday workers and we are right back to where we were..

The Democrats have not had a budget in 1,000 days. Imagine running your household without a budget for years. It is like never balancing your check book and borrowing money everyday to pay the bills, go on vacation, by new cars and send the kids to school.. That is exactly how this President works. Then he turns around and blames not only the kids but his wife for not working with him on coming up with a budget. He's the father, the husband.. HE is responsible for the welfare of his family.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:39 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,496,683 times
Newt, Mitt ... the lot .. are the "Big Government" advocates. That's so very clear. They want to control all we do in our lives, in such intrusive and manic ways. I support freedom for Americans.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:41 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
I guess lower taxes for everyone but the middle class, and more unnecessary wars is the way to go. Sheesh.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
Good point! Newt appears another "Pillsbury dough boy" like McCain, HOWEVER....

being president of our great nation is not about how a leader "handles himself" but a tiny bit. It's about his principles, integrity, and ability to lead, not his ability to perform in giving a good speech.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
principles, integrity, and ability to lead,
None of which Newt has.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is a perfect response to Obamas State of the Union address tonight

We have a crisis of work in this country and tonight President Obama proposed nothing in the way of policy changes that will get us to robust job creation and dramatic economic growth.

Instead, the president described his conviction that his big government is built to last and should be paid for with higher taxes.

But bigger government and higher taxes will not lead to jobs and growth. Bigger government and higher taxes will instead lead to more people on food stamps, a situation which the President and his party defend as a fair outcome.

Newt Gingrich Response to State of the Union | Newt Gingrich 2012 (http://www.newt.org/news/newt-gingrich-response-state-union - broken link)
Does Gingrich want to abolish government welfare, including food stamps? NO!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Newt, Mitt ... the lot .. are the "Big Government" advocates. That's so very clear. They want to control all we do in our lives, in such intrusive and manic ways. I support freedom for Americans.
Ok, quit drinking and posting for this evening. It's embarrassing me and I'm not the one posting.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
How does Obama want to control me other than make me buy health insurance, which is what I have already been doing for many years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections