Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

He got seven percent and he did not even campaign there! He could probably double that going forward if he works hard at it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Hey now, unlike you...I am not afraid of showing my face. Look in my profile.

So like Einstein's posts, fail.
I am not foolish enough to post pictures of myself on this board, but hey whatever floats your boat, I would suggest against it, there are plenty of horror stories out there and never forget some here take this stuff far too seriously, I learned that early on. I was simply replying to your typical attempts at personal attacks on E when you ran out of discussion points, it was in fun, as we must assume yours was also, right, so don't get too bent out of shape.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Ok, why not? Any other states he is not going to campaign in? If he does get the nomination, is he not going to campain in Floriday? Can he win the Presidential election without Florida?
He is focused on delegates. Early polls showed Romney or whoever with a strong lead. He wasn't going to waste time there when the winner got all the delegates.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
He tripled his support from last time without even campaigning

Newt spent several million dollars and ends up with 0 delegates.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Ok, why not? Any other states he is not going to campaign in? If he does get the nomination, is he not going to campain in Floriday? Can he win the Presidential election without Florida?
His campaign has stated that they will use their resources in caucus states where they have a chance at getting delegates. Romney was the sole winner of the 50 delegates from florida. the rest got 0 (zero).

Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I knew I was going to regret asking that question. Tin foil on my head guy = Ron paul supporters
You're gonna regret many things blind man, the least of which is asking questions.

Paul was right in 2002, and he is right now ... You are just too short sighted and deluded to appreciate these facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Old 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Florida was expected to be a waste of time and money. SC proved that the deep south is into people like Gingrich. Florida was different in that it has tons of New Englanders living there and has quite a bit of wealth. Ron Paul will do better in the west and that is where he has been concentrating. He/We want to get as many delegates as possible so the ideas he purports can have serious consideration and be addressed at the convention - AND perhaps have a place in the next administration. He is working smarter - not harder.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
He is focused on delegates. Early polls showed Romney or whoever with a strong lead. He wasn't going to waste time there when the winner got all the delegates.
Isn't that every state in the general election? Doesn't winner take all in the electoral college?

Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Isn't that every state in the general election? Doesn't winner take all in the electoral college?
In the election - yes. But not in the caucasus. He is building himself to have a say-so at the convention. He represents many of us that have our views constantly ignored by the likes of Romney. Romney will have to deal with RP's support and incorporate some of our passion on certain issues if he wants RP supporters vote.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
AND perhaps have a place in the next administration. He is working smarter - not harder.
Sounds like you realize he is not going to get the nomination
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections