Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,229 times

Advertisements

Too many people want to spend their time bashing other candidates and their supporters. How about a positive thread where those that hate one candidate can instead focus their energy on explaining why Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate and how he his platform is what the majority of the population want from our next POTUS.

Only rule is no trash talking other candidates, focus on Mitt and his positive attributes. I'm looking forward to an insightful and respectful conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,172,498 times
I won't get into policies here.

Anyway, I really like Romney's confidence and how he won't be pushed around. For example, in one debate a couple months ago, the moderators cut him off when he had more time. Instead of acting like a jerk, he just told them he had the extra time until they realized it.

He is also always smiling... which is nice. LOL

There are my junior high student-like reasons. hahaha

Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I won't get into policies here.

Anyway, I really like Romney's confidence and how he won't be pushed around. For example, in one debate a couple months ago, the moderators cut him off when he had more time. Instead of acting like a jerk, he just told them he had the extra time until they realized it.

He is also always smiling... which is nice. LOL

There are my junior high student-like reasons. hahaha
In a way I admire the candidates that push the rules and limits when they do it in a way that is respectful and when done because they are trying to prove a legitimate point. To me that does show a bit of leadership and confidence that lets you know they can respect the rules when required, but wont be taken advantage of.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,259,350 times
I admire the fact that Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney is really two people trapped in one body: a liberal, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-ObamaCare, pro-stimulus, anti-Reagan, self-described "progressive", and a conservative, pro-life, anti-gun control, anti-RomneyCare, anti-stimulus, pro-Reagan Republican.

Some people may think having split-personality disorder is a negative, but I like his flexibility. Perhaps he should debate himself one day. That would be fun to watch.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,490,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
I admire the fact that Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney is really two people trapped in one body: a liberal, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-ObamaCare, pro-stimulus, anti-Reagan, self-described "progressive", and a conservative, pro-life, anti-gun control, anti-RomneyCare, anti-stimulus, pro-Reagan Republican.
You can't compare Obamacare and Romneycare. There's a vast difference between a federal program and a state program.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:48 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,650,452 times
I like Romney because he reminds me of a chameleon; he readily sheds his individuality and instead blends himself into the political climate of whatever is popular and what's not. Instead of standing firm in the face of adversity, he shows his caring side by swaying in whatever direction the political winds may blow, like pretty fields of hay.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,490,802 times
I don't think Romney is the ideal candidate, but he's better than Obama and he's better than the other GOP candidates.

He has real business experience, he wants to reform the tax codes and make the them flatter, he wants to reform entitlements, he wants to turn programs over to states, he wants to look at federal regulations and repeal stupid ones, he wants to repeal Obamacare, and he wants to make illegals return to their home countries and get in the back of the line to apply to come to the country legally rather than just giving them amnesty and letting them remain, among other things.

I don't think he would be as bad as W about starting wars.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,259,350 times
I also like the fact that he was once pro-amnesty for illegal immigrants, and also hired illegal immigrants to mow his lawn at his multi-million dollar mansion, but then all of a sudden wants to deport illegals. Hypocrisy and being a pathological liar are qualities I want in a president.

I also like the fact that when he was governor of Mass, his state ranked #47 in job creation....and not to mention the fact that he outsourced jobs to China and India while CEO of Bain. We don't need a president that knows how to create private sector jobs. One of the thing that angers me about Obama is how he is creating more private sector jobs in 2 years than George Bush did in 8.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:21 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,189,945 times
There are so many reasons he is the best candidate, but I will limit it to my top ones. Mitt Romney is a genius when it comes to business and turning failing vetures into successful ones. This country and it's economy are sort of failing ventures right now and it needs leadership that the business world has confidence in to come in and pump life back into it. It is amazing how much better everything else will look when the economy comes back to life. Mitt Romney knows what kills businesses and what stifles new growth and he intends to remove those barriers and put people back to work in this country.

My other top reason is that he is a good and honorable man with no skeletons falling out of his closet at every turn. He will not be an embarrassment to this country and will represent it with the dignity we should be represented with. He also has a lovely family that is very supportive and will be right there all the way with him for support.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,568,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You can't compare Obamacare and Romneycare. There's a vast difference between a federal program and a state program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections