Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:42 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times

Advertisements

I am on record as saying there is no way it is going to happen.....but the noise is going to keep coming and if Romney loses Michigan it is going to get louder. Some of the top names bieng thrown out there are ridiculous. Mitch Daniels , Chris Christie, Jeb Bush.......NO way. If Romney cant get the Conservative vote , Daniels and Christie sure wont, Bush would be the most likely of those three, but I think he is smart enough to know he needs to wait. Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan all would be more likely scenarios. Then of course there is Sarah Palin, but it aint gonna happen.http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...81G1ZF20120217
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM

325 posts, read 219,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I am on record as saying there is no way it is going to happen.....but the noise is going to keep coming and if Romney loses Michigan it is going to get louder. Some of the top names bieng thrown out there are ridiculous. Mitch Daniels , Chris Christie, Jeb Bush.......NO way. If Romney cant get the Conservative vote , Daniels and Christie sure wont, Bush would be the most likely of those three, but I think he is smart enough to know he needs to wait. Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan all would be more likely scenarios. Then of course there is Sarah Palin, but it aint gonna happen.Romney's struggles fuel talk of brokered convention | Reuters
It wouldn't come to that. Ron Paul will get the delegates needed to earn the nomination.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
It wouldn't come to that. Ron Paul will get the delegates needed to earn the nomination.
of course he will.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
of course he will.
Paulbots are a delusioned bunch, aren't they?

Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 PM

I think Romney would be chosen at a brokered convention.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I think Romney would be chosen at a brokered convention.

Probably, but I am not sure ...who knows? If it goes that far, I am not sure Mitt Romney will still be there. He might have other plans by then.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Paulbots are a delusioned bunch, aren't they?
What's delusional about rejecting the utterly failed BS propagated by partisan shills in favor of a belief system that embraces the Constitution and encourages restraint of an out of control federal government?

Delusional is bleating more of the same will somehow fix the problem it helped create due to little other than the different letter following the candidate's name.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
What's delusional about rejecting the utterly failed BS propagated by partisan shills in favor of a belief system that embraces the Constitution and encourages restraint of an out of control federal government?

Delusional is bleating more of the same will somehow fix the problem it helped create due to little other than the different letter following the candidate's name.
I never said anyone was delusional merely for supporting Ron Paul. I simply said that anyone who really and truly thinks he will win the nomination is delusional.

As far as this idea that anyone who isn't a Ron Paul supporter doesn't support the Constitution and doesn't want restraint of the federal government, it's absurd, laughable, and - quite frankly - rather pathetic. It's become a predictable line that most Paulbots use and it's getting old. FYI - that sort of talk turns a lot of people off.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 02-17-2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old 02-17-2012, 10:16 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,339 times
A brokered convention doesn't mean everyone throws their hands up and they just pick whoever; no outside candidates who aren't already running and have delegates at the convention can be picked. It means the first round of votes didn't generate a consensus candidate so subsequent rounds must be taken, from the available list of candidates. Unbound delegates can vote for whoever bribes them and pledged delegates can be released to vote for whoever bribes them.

Romney would win a brokered convention because he'd have the resources to goad enough delegates to give him the majority in extra rounds of voting.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
I never said anyone was delusional merely for supporting Ron Paul. I simply said that anyone who really and truly thinks he will win the nomination is delusional.

As far as this idea that anyone who isn't a Ron Paul supporter doesn't support the Constitution and doesn't want restraint of the federal government, that's absurd, laughable, and quite predictable coming from a Paulbot. FYI - that sort of talk turns a lot of people off.
I couldn't care less that you don't support Ron Paul. I take issue with the fact that you degrade those that fail to support the party line and reject abysmal candidates like Romney due to the fact that they are substantially no different from Obama.

FYI, the blind support of party over principle is what's driving more and more people away from mainstream parties on a daily basis. Your inability or refusal to recognize that plants you firmly in the group that has become part of the problem rather than those that are seeking a solution.

I have little doubt a mainstream candidate will win the upcoming election. Enjoy the hollow victory while you can. That mainstream candidate will drive the nation further down the road to ruin. At some point in the near future the D or R flavor of the day will preside over the failure of the nation. Whether that failure is brought about by financial collapse or withdrawal of consent to be governed remains to be seen.

Either way, corrupt politicians and the partisan shills that supported them will be the cause of the failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections