Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,447,554 times

Advertisements

Newt might be good in an advisory capacity, but for the same reason I did not want Obama elected President I do not want Newt or Santorum to be elected President - no executive experience.

I have other issues with Newt and Santorum, but that is the biggest problem.

Romney has executive experience, but is not conservative. He is not even a moderate. Romney is solidly in the left's camp, just like Bush43 was. We can expect the federal government to get even bigger under a Romney presidency, just in a different way than Obama, and a $20+ trillion National Debt by 2016.

Ron Paul is not even a consideration. He reminds me of Pat Paulsen, who ran as a joke candidate for President during the 1980s and early 1990s. I would rather see a dead Pat Paulsen as President than a live Ron Paul assuming the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
is that in their emotional attachment to anyone else as an alternative, they have ignored the giant baggage of each of the other 3.

Newt should have had a much faster track career. His overreach caused his own party to deep six him in the 90s, as he was costing them support. Clinton's popularity, along with an improving economy by election time, would have given BC term #2, but Newt IMO created the BC 1996 electoral landslide. Add in now Newt's outlandish comments every few weeks (poor kids s/b janitors!), and volla its debatable whether RS or NG would get slaughtered by Obama more.

Santorum - 5 votes to raise the debt ceiling with no cuts attached, nor any bills/amendments to do so, submitted. Plus of course, a birth control stance that will widen Obama's plurality with women he already enjoys. One more thing, when he lost his last election , it was by 18 points. Ouch!

Paul - Unfortunately for his supporters, the 1,144 delegates and 270 electors are from our planet. That leaves RP out in the cold.
This is the result of so many things but in the end the goal of all "mainstreme republicans" and democrats is to get someone so close to OBAMA the INDEPENDANT CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE.
MITT = OBAMA so TARP, same WARS, same RomneyCare same OBAMACARE!
I the country where economics and jobs are killing this country we are discussing Rick S, birth control and Newts moon bases.

The only one talking about Changes and economic issues is the same guy who was talking about them in 2008! Then same voters from 2008 are still voting again and voting for the SAME solutions!
MORE GOVERNMENT and the Mitt, Rick, Newt who have POOR records for liberty.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,965,821 times
Mitt is a far cry from Obama, Thank God. For starters, Mitt believes in the Free Market system. Ma did extremely well during his tenure, growing JOBS.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Mitt is a far cry from Obama, Thank God. For starters, Mitt believes in the Free Market system. Ma did extremely well during his tenure, growing JOBS.
I am not convinced of this. I do believe he is extremely opportunistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections