Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Most people don't pay enough attention to realize that Paul doesn't want to cut/end these things over night. He has said many times that they need to be wound down over time. Seems like the perfect job for someone that is getting out of public service soon.
Overnight or a slow death, either way who working there would want to have anything to do with a man that wants to shut your place of business down. No, he will not be chairing the Fed, but the main reason is that a Repub would have to win the Whitehouse and that is not going to happen in 2012. Now in 2016 there is a good chance a Repub could win, but Paul would be retired and around 80 years old, so much for that idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 12:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Overnight or a slow death, either way who working there would want to have anything to do with a man that wants to shut your place of business down. No, he will not be chairing the Fed, but the main reason is that a Repub would have to win the Whitehouse and that is not going to happen in 2012. Now in 2016 there is a good chance a Repub could win, but Paul would be retired and around 80 years old, so much for that idea.
I answered your original question, and you present a new premise...oh well.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I answered your original question, and you present a new premise...oh well.
No, you did not and no I did not, I said he wanted to kill the organization you simply stated he wanted to do it slowly, death is death or didn't you know that? Either way the issue is moot.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
No, you did not and no I did not, I said he wanted to kill the organization you simply stated he wanted to do it slowly, death is death or didn't you know that? Either way the issue is moot.
Yes, and like all of people that think Paul wants to end things over night, those same people don't give any thought to the fact that unwinding an organization takes as much or more effort than running it for the future. The amount of planning needed to successfully wind down and redistribute the core competencies and functions required can't just be accomplished by saying "eh, this is coming to and end, lets just wing it until it falls apart"

And yes, you did change the premise from Why would RP want the job to who would want to work there. Two different questions.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, and like all of people that think Paul wants to end things over night, those same people don't give any thought to the fact that unwinding an organization takes as much or more effort than running it for the future. The amount of planning needed to successfully wind down and redistribute the core competencies and functions required can't just be accomplished by saying "eh, this is coming to and end, lets just wing it until it falls apart"

And yes, you did change the premise from Why would RP want the job to who would want to work there. Two different questions.
I never asked why Paul wated to end the Fed, the discussion is him chairing the Fed, I simply asked who would want to work for the man, you know those already working there, I cannot believe anyone would help someone that wants to dismantle their place of business, whether it is overnight or slowly. As I said the issue is moot since it will not happen.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
I never asked why Paul wated to end the Fed, the discussion is him chairing the Fed, I simply asked who would want to work for the man, you know those already working there, I cannot believe anyone would help someone that wants to dismantle their place of business, whether it is overnight or slowly. As I said the issue is moot since it will not happen.
Good, because I never said you did, nor did I try to explain why he does.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Only in a world with an orange sky full of green clouds.

Paul does not have the delegates to win, and will not have the number by the convention. Mitt will not nominate Paul as VP, and neither will Santorum or Gingrich.

Hopefully, Paul might be able to change the conservative dialog, but that's for a future election to prove if he succeeded or not. He's doing better as a Republican than he did as an independent in '08, but he's simply too far down to ever win.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
He's doing better as a Republican than he did as an independent in '08, but he's simply too far down to ever win.
He didn't run as an independent in '08,he ran as a republican just like this time.He ran as the libertarian candidate in 1988.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
[quote=BentBow;23392912]In all the debates, Mitt payed serious attention to every word coming out of Ron's mouth. Mitt is trying to learn what the people want, from Ron.

well, something is happening because alot of people in Western NC and east tenn are for Ron Paul, and they do NOT want Romney.

Swing voters. Lifes a bi@tch for the GOP when they have to deal with real people.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 PM

25 posts, read 18,811 times
If Mitt Romney acts like the so called business person he is perhaps as an adviser in finance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections