Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times

Advertisements

All of the pieces are falling into place slowly but surely.

Sen. Lee to endorse Romney – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
This is a big one. I don't think anyone can call Senator Lee's conservative credentials into question.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post

The Republican Mormon senator from Utah is endorsing the Republican Mormon candidate for president? That IS shocker!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The Republican Mormon senator from Utah is endorsing the Republican Mormon candidate for president? That IS shocker!
I was waiting for this
Senator Lee is a very conservative, Tea Party Republican backed by groups such as FreedomWorks. If it had anything to do with religion (and I would certainly agree religion affects how people vote in certain instances) he would've endorsed Romney months ago.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:

Utah poobah endorses Romney? That was unexpected.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I don't think anyone can call Senator Lee's conservative credentials into question.
I do. It's during times like these that someone's true colors are revealed. I hope Lee find a new home with the Establishment, because he definitely lost the support of the liberty movement, which supported him in the past. If Lee endorses Romney, it doesn't make Romney a conservative. Rather it proves that Lee was never a conservative to start with, or even if he was, it proves that he is willing to sell out.

I am not even sure what the hell the Tea Party means anymore. What a cryin' shame.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I do. It's during times like these that someone's true colors are revealed. I hope Lee find a new home with the Establishment, because he definitely lost the support of the liberty movement, which supported him in the past. If Lee endorses Romney, it doesn't make Romney a conservative. Rather it proves that Lee was never a conservative to start with, or even if he was, it proves that he is willing to sell out.

I am not even sure what the hell the Tea Party means anymore. What a cryin' shame.
What position has Lee taken on an issue that makes him less conservative? I didn't say this makes Romney a conservative. Romney's positions make him a conservative. This just shows that people from across the entire GOP spectrum are supporting Mitt Romney. This also does not make Lee a sellout. You can't possibly only support candidates who agree with you 100%. I certainly don't support 100% of everything Romney says.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

But you're an Obama liberal, so who cares if you call anyone's conservative credentials into question?

You voted for Obama in 2008. You have no right to question anyone else's conservative credentials. Ever.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:02 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:

Yeah, it's very close to inevitable now.

Quote:
You voted for Obama in 2008. You have no right to question anyone else's conservative credentials. Ever.
People can vote for who they like. Being conservative or liberal isn't a fan club. It's a political forum on the internet. Everyone has the right to question you about everything. You'd best work on justifying your own opinions rather than worrying about those of others.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
What position has Lee taken on an issue that makes him less conservative? I didn't say this makes Romney a conservative. Romney's positions make him a conservative. This just shows that people from across the entire GOP spectrum are supporting Mitt Romney. This also does not make Lee a sellout. You can't possibly only support candidates who agree with you 100%. I certainly don't support 100% of everything Romney says.
This is quite a surprise. Lee is an actual conservative. One of the few in Congress. His policies differ quite a bit from Romney. Lee had a budget that included actual cuts not reductions in increases. He is a sellout.
Romneys positions make him a conservative? Romney is for increasing the size of government. Romney is for bailouts. Romneys budget increases the debt. Those are not conservative positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections