Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,723 times

Advertisements

The so-called "Tea Party" activists are just another lunatic fringe group that the Republican party sees as a political liability but cannot disavow; which, ironically, are much like the factions that the Democratic party sought to appease in the face of Republican unity in the past. The tables have turned for the GOP, and not for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 12:56 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. They hate the government, but crave power to push their fascist agendas. I really don't care if we get Dems or moderate Republicans or Libertarians or Greenies, these mouth breathers have to go! And they can put their lapel pins where the sun don't shine!

I am already set to vote for Obama, but that is not enough. I want to work specifically all year to get the Tea Party "patriots" back in the holes they crawled out of.

Seriously, I loathe them so much, I would make a Faustian bargain. I'd vote Romney, if every damn one of them was sent home this fall.

I welcome tips. Please post or pm me with ideas.

I want my country back from these crazies!
Examples?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The so-called "Tea Party" activists are just another lunatic fringe group that the Republican party sees as a political liability but cannot disavow; which, ironically, are much like the factions that the Democratic party sought to appease in the face of Republican unity in the past. The tables have turned for the GOP, and not for the better.
Where are you getting the idea the Republicans see the Tea Party as a liability?

Nita

Old 03-27-2012, 02:03 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,104 times
the current tea party is no longer ron paul tea party as they grew up they have been corrupted by the neo cons.

i call them the neo-tea party now.

yep i don't give a f what happens to the neo-tea parties that have strayed from their original path.

I support the tea parties that will cut ALL even the war spending.
if not then don't talk neo-tea party. fakes.

neo-cons pretty much like them because they fall in party lines so they wont care as they are not a liability to their agendas.

now the REAL tea parties are a thorn in their behind so they want to get rid of them because they actually think. very very rare to find them so better look hard.

ps michelle bachmann is not a real tea party you can call her a neo-tea party.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
You're wrong, this is a poll result from Faux on 3/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
The MAJORITY of us like the tea party and the lowly minority who do not will have to deal with them.

They were put in congress to stop Obama and the Pelosi anti American ways and are doing what the majority elected them to do.

What is it with the anti TP people?

So are you for massive spending and debt, wasteful spending, against the constitution, against self responsibility etc?

Because that is what the TP is all about, stopping Obama from bleeding us dry and stomping on the constitution.

The majority rules and they happen to be the 43% of us who are conservative, not the 17% who are liberal minded.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Examples?
To name a few:

Budget meltdown/Debt Ceiling stupidity.

O'Donnell's Crusade against masturbation (we need abstinence alone!).

Calling Obama an ENEMY OF HUMANITY.

Shouting "You Lie!" in the midst of a presidential speech.

Palin's Death Panels.

Rabidly opposing global warming, evolution, and science in general.

Doing nothing except praying for the president to fail.

Claiming to speak for liberty, but putting forward the same immoral minority views we've been hearing for decades.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Find yourself a Democrat Joe McCarthy and start a purge.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:29 PM

433 posts, read 459,859 times
Quote:
I am mad as hell at the idiots we have in congress called the Tea Partiers. I've never seen a bigger bunch of psychotic douchebags in my whole life, and I recall Falwell, Swaggart, and Strom Thurmond. How they manage to constantly prostitute themselves before the rich, and refuse to serve their country, while braying all the while about their patriotism and morality is beyond me. They hate the government, but crave power to push their fascist agendas. I really don't care if we get Dems or moderate Republicans or Libertarians or Greenies, these mouth breathers have to go! And they can put their lapel pins where the sun don't shine!

I am already set to vote for Obama, but that is not enough. I want to work specifically all year to get the Tea Party "patriots" back in the holes they crawled out of.

Seriously, I loathe them so much, I would make a Faustian bargain. I'd vote Romney, if every damn one of them was sent home this fall.

I welcome tips. Please post or pm me with ideas.

I want my country back from these crazies!
I have a tip for you; It isn't just your country and the crazies are on your side of the aisle.

How about if you learn to allow others to voice their concerns and support their choice of candidate in a democratic and free manner without trying to censor them just because you disagree with them?

Liberals and censorship- if the others are winning the argument, shut them up!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
Pretty girl, but the song is a bit cheesy. And guess what, I am America too. So are a lot of other middle class, hardworking folk. We don't hate our government or listen to idiots shouting at us all day about how to hate our fellow citizens.

I think trying claim fiscal responsibility while they try to choke the government in the bathtub in the midst of a recession with two wars going is not only stupid, but unethical. Our expenditures are over 20% of GDP right now. Taxes are at about 15% of GDP. Neither number is outrageous, but they are mismatched, with the latter being far below historical norms. We cannot axe the government by over 25% without a tremendous hit to unemployment, consumer demand, and the imploded housing market. Blood would be running in the streets. Anyone with half a brain knows that. The Tea Party platform was a phony attempt to use a crisis to push a far right agenda the only a few Americans want. The movement is belligerent and asinine on its face.

Like that song.

Cheesey is just what an old fart like me needs.

This song is powerful in truth, and any conservative campaign manager with half of a brain should use it in campaign TV and radio commercials.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:36 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
The Tea Party is a bunch of dogmatic idiots. They have to go.

The Communist subversives and their "Fundamental Transformation" are what has to go and WILL BE "going" to jail, handcuffed and out of even our peripheral visioin.

The Republic *IS* going to prevail.

Watch.

You'll see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections