Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Well, since Ann Romney is not 65, she is not on Medicare as of yet and I doubt she will have the need to be when she is 65. Mitt Romney worked as governor of Massachusetts for four years with no pay, ran the Olympics for 2 years with no pay and will serve as president of the United States if elected and will not take a salary, so I doubt he is trying to get Medicare to pay for an elevator.

Once again, I doubt this elevator was actually for cars, but people. What is wrong with some of you?

Oh. I see. You have not heard of Disability Insurance Benefits under Title II of the Social Security Act?

You see, if a person, such as a person with MS, files for and is found disabled, they begin receiving Medicare benefits after two years of disability have passed. Age does not matter. Of course, if they remain disabled when they reach retirement age, then they begin receiving retirement with Medicare.

Of course, my note was more tongue in cheek about getting a doctor's note to have Medicare pay for a car elevator. Or for any type of elevator, for that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:07 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
So?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The richer you are, the more out of touch you are with the average working class family. Romney's wealth is hurting him but thats not the only thing. Nobody likes him and he looks angry all the time. An elevator in a home is one thing but an elevator for cars is over the top. He comes from a different world than the average family.........update. I just read the article and he will have a separate elevator for each of the four cars. And I thought one was over the top!! What next? elevator music? Then the house will have an outdoor shower with a water feature. This is just one of his homes!
I think that's unfair.

Look, i think Romney is a weasel, but i'm not going to say he's out of touch. He lives in the same bubble that all multi millionaires live in regardless of personal philosophy. If you can pretty much buy anything you want regardless of price, that's a pretty insulated reality. One can't help but live in a bubble once he/she has so much wealth. What is he supposed to do? Walk to Walmart? LOL...come on...let's be fair here.

A car elevator saves on space and is a damn good purchase. I'd have one too if i could afford it.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I think that's unfair.

Look, i think Romney is a weasel, but i'm not going to say he's out of touch. He lives in the same bubble that all multi millionaires live in regardless of personal philosophy. If you can pretty much buy anything you want regardless of price, that's a pretty insulated reality. One can't help but live in a bubble once he/she has so much wealth. What is he supposed to do? Walk to Walmart? LOL...come on...let's be fair here.

A car elevator saves on space and is a damn good purchase. I'd have one too if i could afford it.
The only problem I have with Romney and his wealth is that at the same time he is planning to buy an elevator for his cars, he has no problem spewing his plans to take food and healthcare away from the poorest Americans. IMO, wealthy people with no compassion for people that weren't lucky enough to be born rich deserve nothing but scorn.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I fail to see the problem here.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The only problem I have with Romney and his wealth is that at the same time he is planning to buy an elevator for his cars, he has no problem spewing his plans to take food and healthcare away from the poorest Americans. IMO, wealthy people with no compassion for people that weren't lucky enough to be born rich deserve nothing but scorn.
Which food and healthcare is he going to "take away?"

Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Which food and healthcare is he going to "take away?"
He supports reductions in programs that provide food stamps and healthcare for low income people. Why do I have a feeling you already knew that and are just playing stupid games?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Well, he's not gonna take away food from anyone, but yea...he'll work to kill the HC bill if it isn't dead by the time he takes office.

But then, he's such a weasel that he might not. Romney is comprised of about 5 people, so you can't take his word for anything. He's gotta get elected, and he's saying what he has to say to his base to do it. Does he actually believe in all that conservative claptrap? Uh...well, his record sure as hell doesn't indicate it. So NO!

That said, i doubt he'll be all that scary of a president if he wins. He'll just be the same jellyfish that he's always been. Regardless, the Republic will survive Romney just like it'll survive Obama and Bush. I'm not into the Doomsday stuff.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Not only will Mitt Romney's proposed new beach house have a 3,600-square-foot basement, it will have a split-level four-car garage … with an elevator for the cars. Politico procured the 2008 plans for the renovation (by way of a rival campaign), which involves tearing down the existing California mansion and replacing it with something much bigger. So will the finished product be quadruple the size of the current mansion or just double?

Mitt Romney's 4-car fantasy home - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com
so what? I could care less, but it might be for health reasons, or for some other reason. REgardless it has nothing to do with anything...

Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Oh. I see. You have not heard of Disability Insurance Benefits under Title II of the Social Security Act?

You see, if a person, such as a person with MS, files for and is found disabled, they begin receiving Medicare benefits after two years of disability have passed. Age does not matter. Of course, if they remain disabled when they reach retirement age, then they begin receiving retirement with Medicare.

Of course, my note was more tongue in cheek about getting a doctor's note to have Medicare pay for a car elevator. Or for any type of elevator, for that fact.

I am well aware of disability benefits pertaining to social security. I am also aware, as are you that Ann Romney has more than likely not filed for such disability. Your comments were silly to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections