Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Regardless of one's position on recreational use I can't understand why anyone would oppose medical trials, it certainly can't be any worse than many prescription drugs that openly tell you "side affects may include death".

Well, I can see one reason for opposition: $$$$$$$

Specifically, Big Pharma's $$$$$$$
What does his views on medical marajuana have to do with the garage? We aren't paying for the garage, nor are the tax payers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:34 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am well aware of disability benefits pertaining to social security. I am also aware, as are you that Ann Romney has more than likely not filed for such disability. Your comments were silly to say the least.
I make no presumptions concerning whether or not Ms. Romney has filed for disability. I was pointing out that one may receive Medicare coverage prior to age 65.

I also would not think the less of her if she did file. I do not understand your aggression. It is bad for your blood pressure.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What does his views on medical marajuana have to do with the garage? We aren't paying for the garage, nor are the tax payers.
I was responding to: No sane person would deny an elevator for someone who has MS

I don't think a sane person would oppose any possibly beneficial treatment.

I don't give a rat's ass about his house, his garage, or his elevator. Build TEN of each! They're irrelevant.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich2fla View Post
My parents live on a lake that connects to Lake Michigan. Some of the summer homes near them have elevators for cars and boats in a garage. The zoning around my parents' place do not allow for unattached building like garages or sheds, even if the property is big enough.

Good for Mitt Romney to do it. It's his money and he can do what he wants with it. He did not ask for special favors...he applied for zoning like everyone else. He did not use a law firm to conceal his identity, etc.

I'm thinking of adding a 3rd stall garage to our house. I need to think how it my impact my future in politics!

What a silly non-issue. It's not going to impact my vote for Romney in the General Election this fall.
We have a similar situation on our lakes here and they are nothing like Lake Michigan. WE have people who have moving stairs for their boats or just for themselves. The homes are so far from the lake many people could never walk down to the water and certainly could not walk back up.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
More than likely the proposed elevator was or is because of Ann Romney's Mutiple Sclerosis. At one time, it was so bad that she could not navigate stairs very well and they had discussed an elevator for that purpose. It affects your balance. I have heard Mitt Romney talk about this. Her MS has improved but she still has some of the affects of it.
Good point.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times
Word is Romney is planning to put a Star Trek transporter in his house so he can transport to all his other homes. BEAM ME UP ROMNEY!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
He supports reductions in programs that provide food stamps and healthcare for low income people. Why do I have a feeling you already knew that and are just playing stupid games?
have you ever thought about reducing federal aid and applying state funds? States are the ones that should be controlling food stamps etc. bTW where did you do your research that states he intends on reducing food stamps? Healthcare is already a state issue. Do you think medicaid is funded by the feds?

Even if you had your facts right, which you don't what he does with his own money has absolutely nothing to do with government assistance programs. Are you suggesting he should take the money he is spending on the elevator and give it to the government?

Nita

Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
This has nothing to do with jealously. I would rather have a president that had to work his way up through life as opposed to someone that had a rich dad that could bail him out at every turn.

Look how well it turned out last time we had a president whose Dad could do the same. Not so well.
When did his dad bail him out and why was he bailed out? Are you telling us people with money should not seek public office because they haven't worked hard enough? Guess what? That is rediculous reasoning.

I am the first person to say, one of Romney's biggest problems seems to be the ability to identify with the common people, but that isn't saying people born with silver spoons in their mouths are not qualified to be President. How about FRD or what about Kennedy?. Now there is someone who's dad could and probably did bail him out, more than once.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
When did his dad bail him out and why was he bailed out? Are you telling us people with money should not seek public office because they haven't worked hard enough? Guess what? That is rediculous reasoning.

I am the first person to say, one of Romney's biggest problems seems to be the ability to identify with the common people, but that isn't saying people born with silver spoons in their mouths are not qualified to be President. How about FRD or what about Kennedy?. Now there is someone who's dad could and probably did bail him out, more than once.
So, you ask for when/why Romney was bailed out yet "probably" is good enough when speaking of Kennedy?

Nice little double standard ya got going there.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
I don't see how this is a problem if he is using his own money.

This is what capitalism is about. You earned it, you get it use it the way that pleased you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections